MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready!

Sounds like you haven't got the aileron power assist turned on. Left hand console, just in front of the throttle. Check the quick-start manual, page 10.

Finally, it works! Thank you for your help, Dave! (It looks like the aileron power assist is just not enough, the take off trimm must be used too.)

MiG-21 is amazing! In Syria they still use in fight against islamic terrorists

Also i did this paint for this model https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...rian-mig-21mf/

It may be in German, but the footage is great. Most, if not all, of the Fishbeds shown are MiG-21PFMs though.

Note the four-digit aircraft IDs, with the last digit sticking out like a sore thumb. I wonder why?

Also note the (german) ground controller and (german) pilot speaking Russian. Just as their western counterparts would speak English when airborne.

Here's another film, but dealing more with flight-readying a MiG-21M, launch preparations during a mock air attack (~28:25 mins), MiG-23 autobahn operations by Germans and Russians (35:50 mins) and an Unteroffizier narrating flight-readying a MiG-23BN (56:30 mins). The last part (1:36:30 hrs) is a short promo video for a career as an aircraft mechanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaaenJKeSQQ

One press of button launches several missiles

Dutch, very grateful for all you've done with Ivan's MiG-21MF. We are using it as an adversary in TacPack multiplayer P3Dv3 sessions, and it is a fantastic addition to the profile. Radar allows us to harass the attack force from a safe distance, and your "GCI Tool" is a perfect solution allowing us to self-vector for authentic tactics.

One problem: in missile mode, one press of trigger launches several AIM-9's (masquerading as Aphid, of course).

Any idea if it's a bug, or if we're doing something wrong? I expect that with both wing station switches hot, each press of trigger would launch one missile, cycling through until all are gone.

Toby (Rhino)

and your "GCI Tool" is a perfect solution allowing us to self-vector for authentic tactics.
    "GCI tool" ? What is this ? I must have missed that... and I also need a Ground Controlled Interception functionality...

Is it a gauge or something placed in any Airplane's folder or MiG21 specific only feature ? thnx.
    My Military Flight Videos :

GCI Tool

Yes, use Shift+7 and Shift+8 I think to bring it up. Dutch added the ATC/Tower function as a 2D gauge, making it possible for you to self-vector. Smart add, allows us to mimic Soviet-style GCI procedures without requiring a controller.

Upgrade Phase III?

Hi all,

I'm fan of this bird. Very well done, nice systems, nice to fly. I don't know if something new after beta_160801 was done, so let me tell you what I did.

I did some modifications and adds :

- Add working JATO (I mean, you have really a push and short TO). Effects, button were already set, but not used. In the manual you can read how to use Flare/Chaff by powering it. But in fact, those switches are for JATO as you can see on the announce panel behind the joystick (2 green lights "JATO ready") :

- If you use Flare/Chaff (with keyboard shortcurt "C" or automatic) you get a "bang" even if there is no flare/chaff any more. This is now corrected.
    - change model reflexion so that you can paint glossy metallic texture.
    - change switch logic so that they can be activated with left click or wheel...

Now the question : How can I post it this without problem (copyright or else) ?

Cheers

Daniel
    Last edited by dggoofy; August 16th, 2017 at 02:30.

Just post it. SimSkunkWorks also has this bird available in P3D flavor and the author has been AWOL for a long time anyway. Don't forget to credit everybody though.

It's been a long time since I flew this bird and the mod situation has me a mildly confused at the moment. Does any of the package feature an upgraded FDE?

And Daniel, how did you implement JATO?
    My feeble attempt used XMLTools to increase acceleration for a few seconds when the bottles are firing.

Bjoern, Dutch's enhancement of Ivan's model makes it a fantastic Aggressor. We've used it a lot in multiplayer sessions, perfect for teaching old-school tactics and timeless ACM fundamentals. I also used the original, and this one seems quite a bit more realistic in the FDE area. Original seemed dynamically unstable, not what I'd expect from this vintage fighter. Accurate or not, this one is more "fun" to fly and is certainly useful in MP TacPack scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    And Daniel, how did you implement JATO?
    My feeble attempt used XMLTools to increase acceleration for a few seconds when the bottles are firing.
    Well, in fact it was nearly done by Ivan.
    When you switch "Flare/Chaff" on (right of the seat)... (in fact it is the JATO command), Ivan coded the start of an engine 2...

I just add a single line into the aircraft.cfg, section [GeneralEngineDate] :
    // jato
    engine.1= 4.24, 0.0, -2.1

Then I put some xml code to ignite engine 2.
    When you push engine 1 to 80%, JATO starts for 10-12 sec. Then, engine 2 stops and JATO drops.

I'll post as soon as I have updated the manual.

Cheers

Daniel

Ah, so that's how this worked in the original release. Merci pour l'info.

Does anyone know what happened to this project? I was able to at one point download the 160815 version of it and I saw that a later version came out a few days later but the download links all seem to be dead. While this seemed like a great work, I am having some problems with it in P3Dv4 / Tacpack in that I can't get the rockets or missiles to fire, the radar does not work, and I cannot get the pylon armed annunciators to come on. I can get the guns to fire and that is about it. Any ideas where a later version of this project might be downloaded? Also were any of the JATO equipped versions ever released? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot1980 View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to this project? I was able to at one point download the 160815 version of it and I saw that a later version came out a few days later but the download links all seem to be dead. While this seemed like a great work, I am having some problems with it in P3Dv4 / Tacpack in that I can't get the rockets or missiles to fire, the radar does not work, and I cannot get the pylon armed annunciators to come on. I can get the guns to fire and that is about it. Any ideas where a later version of this project might be downloaded? Also were any of the JATO equipped versions ever released? Thanks
    I didn't know the links were dead. I'll see if I can package up the P3D version and give you a link shortly.

Dutch

Hi Dutch,

I know I sent you a PM about this but I see I can upload attachments here in the forum. So as I stated even with the latest link I cannot get rockets and missiles to work.

Aircraft is loaded using the configurator (before flight)

noticing in aircraft.cfg all weights are showing 0 on stations 2-5 as opposed to "token weights" stated in tacpack.ini file

Radar is switched on post 2 min wait target in range but Radar not working launch and air switch positions selected.

So as you can see I have the "six switches up" also note how radar scope is not working and looks black

clip from your video where I noticed that the radar scope looks olive drab even when off leading me to believe that the radar is perhaps not working or missing in P3D somehow...?

Any insights you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig-21 video.jpg   aircraft.sfg.JPG   Mig-21-3.jpg   Mig-21-2.jpg   Mig-21 -1.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2