MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready!

Sweet! The available liveries just keep getting better and better!

Nice job Zsolt!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post

Decided to give this a go myself. Not done yet, but headed in the right direction.
    I hope you'll upload it when finished
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hi Zsolt, on what texture is the colored canopy outline found?

Hi Zsolt, on what texture is the colored canopy outline found?
    I do not know
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

MF1_t texture just beside the canopy if I'm not remembering wrong.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Wow! Zsolt, these Lufstreitkräfte liveries are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    Could the Tacpack mods be added to Ivan's Mig-21F-13 (FE2004/FSX) in the same manner as his earlier Mig-21MF?

It sure is a beauty...

It's a beauty but not FSX native like the MF one ( AFAK )

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    MF1_t texture just beside the canopy if I'm not remembering wrong.

Yes thats it. I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    I hope you'll upload it when finished
    I dont think its up to the quality of Zsolts work, but its getting there. I will certainly upload it here.

I dont think its up to the quality of Zsolts work, but its getting there. I will certainly upload it here.

Very nice, but there's something wrong! No white helmet!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Is there a repaint kit available for the Mig anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Is there a repaint kit available for the Mig anywhere?
    There was an HD paintkit made by Dag that probably got lost in time. I made a few liveries back then using it, the only one noteworthy being the slovak airforce uploaded here.

For now though, I found this: http://www.flightsimulator.cz/addon/...-paintkit-fsx/

Will give it a go.

It's a beauty but not FSX native like the MF one ( AFAK )
    It seems to work pretty well in FSX but I think you are probably right, that its not FSX native.

The only info in the manual concerning the model states:

Description
    External:
    -has got 45 534 polygons
    -has got all of standart animations: ailerons, elevator, rudder, flaps, canopy, gear with detailed gear bay and spoilers
    -has got various non-standard animations: jet nozzle, moving cone, anti-surging doors, low pressure doors, folding pitot tube, ejection, rotation of pilots head, sunshield of pilots helmet, ladder, chocks under wheels, covers of inlet and low pressure doors, external source of voltage, gear kinematics, shimmy damper on center gear, landing light reflectors under wings, moving tail- expose the engine, 4 weapons variantas (including animation of emergency jettison)
    -hasn't got LOD optimizationInterior (VC):
    -has got 35 390 polygons
    -is fully clickable, except weapons systems.

Animations
    Ground equipment
    You can control it by panel, which unhides by clicking the switch behind joystick on center panel ( at yellow rectangle on the first picture)

1) pilot- it hides/ unhides the pilot
    2) technici- it hides/ unhides a cart under the tail
    3) kryty- it hides/ unhides covers of inlet and low pressure doors
    4) špalky- it hides/ unhides chocks under wheels
    5) žebøík- it hides/ unhides the ladder
    6) registry- it hides/ unhides training IR AA rocket under left wing, it was used a lot in Czechoslovakia
    7) zdroj- it hides/ unhides external source of voltage, which is required for starting engine
    8) sl. štít- control of sunshield of pilots helmet
    9) pitotka- it folds the pitot tube- it was necessary for pushback

Weapons variants
    are controled by panel, which unhides by clicking the switch "RS KANON" on the left panel (at yellow rectangle on the picture below)

1) R-3S- two IR guided AA rockets
    2) UB-16- two AG rocket blocks with 2x16 unguided rockets
    3)FAB-250- two 500lb unguided bombs
    4) AFA-39 - two photocontainers, used by version MiG-21FR
    Eject
    FS miss this function, so this animation only demonstrate the real eject. You can eject by pull a red lever between legs. Then immediately change the view to spot and you can see the animation. In pause or slew the animation doesn't works.
    Emergency jettison of weapons
    Is controled by switch "Emergency jettison of weapons" (see the panel section, number 36) and only demonstrate the real jettison. No change in flight dynamics.

Emergency jettison of external fuel tank
    Is controled by switch "Emergency jettison of external fuel tank" (see the panel section, number 18) and only demonstrate the real jettison. No change in flight dynamics or fuel capacity.
    Opening the canopy and exposing the engine
    Shift+E -open canopy
    Shift+E+2 - move the tail (you should switch "technici" to unhide the cart under the tail) and expose the engineAnti-surging doors and low pressure doors
    Anti-surging doors (at the nose) are opening automatically in speed higher than 1.5 M. Low pressure doors (under cockpit) are fully open at zero speed and are filly closed at speed about 100 km/ h.

Cone
    Cone is controled by hydraulic system of the airplane. It regulates the mass of the air, which gets through the engine (logically at high speed is the mass bigger and cone controls it by its extending). Cone is controled automatically. At zero speed is fully retracted, at 1.5M is the first extension (+10cm) and at 1.9M is the second extension (+7cm). You can control it manualy by the 3-positions switch, which is placed near start switch (see the panel section, number 10)

That one is definitely not native. I was looking at it last night with a view to doing a conversion but there's lots of custom animations which would have to be recreated from scratch. Not a 5 minute job.

That one is definitely not native. I was looking at it last night with a view to doing a conversion but there's lots of custom animations which would have to be recreated from scratch. Not a 5 minute job.
    Considering that we have so few Russian military jets for our FSX
    it should be nice that someone make this conversion!!! Yes I know
    that it's easy to say things and do nothing
    Last edited by menef; August 24th, 2016 at 04:24.

That's unfortunate. I figured it would be easier to Tacpack too, since it didn't have radar.

There is a paint kit for the Mig-21F-13 and am using it to try and learn how to do repaints.
    The one I posted here is the first one I was able to actually get to look halfway decent.
    Hopefully we'll see a paint kit for the Mig-21MF?

Hi folks ! A little problem : just performing a single tonneau the engine stops and it's necessary a restart in flight ( ) so inverted flight is a suicide. Real Mig21MF was so sensible
    to inusual attitude or there are something to adjust in the
    FDE??? Flight manual states maximum 15 seconds of inverted flight but an entire tonneau takes more or less 4 seconds

I'll take her up and check this out. probably something wonky with the negative g code, we'll see...

Edited to say: yes some numbers needed a little tweaking. I rolled inverted and lasted almost 11 seconds. Fixed, not allows about 17 seconds neg g time.

Hi folks ! A little problem : just performing a single tonneau the engine stops and it's necessary a restart in flight ( ) so inverted flight is a suicide. Real Mig21MF was so sensible
    to inusual attitude or there are something to adjust in the
    FDE??? Flight manual states maximum 15 seconds of inverted flight but an entire tonneau takes more or less 4 seconds
    Last edited by ceo1944; August 24th, 2016 at 22:37.

Ceo1944 , there's another little problem: the air-start procedure as
    showed in the manual (steps 1-2-3) doesn't work. When on the ground I start the jet with ctrl+E after having switched on the quick
    start button (pop-up panel ) and I leave it ON during the flight. May
    be it interfere with the in flight restart?

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Very nice, but there's something wrong! No white helmet!

Yep. have replaced the black helmet with white in latest version.

Members who have read this thread: 2