MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready!

Still no joy for me. I'm going to re-load FSX, but that will probably have to wait until the weekend.
    Been around the FS series for a long time now, & never had a problem like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Still no joy for me. I'm going to re-load FSX, but that will probably have to wait until the weekend.
    Been around the FS series for a long time now, & never had a problem like this before.
    You did try the new version right? I'm about out of ideas. I wish there was a log somewhere we could figure out why it's not loading. Didn't work in FSX either...wow.

Not security....not lack of redistributables... Fails on P3D and FSX... Really curious as to what it could be.

Yes, that's the new version. Not tried it in FSX yet, I need to reinstall that first.

In my FSX (boxed) installation works fine (yes, I'd missed the aileron switch) and I
    know two more guys that works ok (FSX boxed).

I would have tested it in P3D v3 also, but last time I fired it up few days ago, it crashed without
    apparent reason (that's first time)...
    My Military Flight Videos :

In the Quick Start Manual page 10 is:

(1) Use your simulator's Trim Up bottom until the TAKEOFF TRIM light comes on.
    My default Trim Up "bottom" (should it be button?) won't work. I always use joystick's trim. So the light of Takeoff Trim never lights (doesn't respond to joystick trim). Consequently I don't get this bird airborn.

Edit: Must look FSX settings for buttons (to morrow).

Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    In the Quick Start Manual page 10 is:

My default Trim Up "bottom" (should it be button?) won't work. I always use joystick's trim. So the light of Takeoff Trim never lights (doesn't respond to joystick trim). Consequently I don't get this bird airborn.

Edit: Must look FSX settings for buttons (to morrow).
    You caught my typo! Yes it should be button. There's nothing unusual about how the trim works on the MiG, it's the standard FSX/P3D setup. You can also use the keyboard to trim up.

Hint: on the little card affix to the panel to the right of the warning panel, the top left number shows your current trim setting. Anything above 19 is considered takeoff trim.

I almost never fly russian aircraft despite their beauty, because I cant read the cockpit gauges and they have very different procedures to western aircraft most of the time. However I LOVE this little beauty. The quick start guide steps you right through the switchology to get going and the aircraft is great. I found a couple of repaints for the slovakian and Hungarian AF as well. Bravo and well done!

My one comment... would it be possible to have a "quick start" button or option to start the aircraft from something other than cold cockpit? I tried saving a scenario with the aircraft started on the ramp, so I could just jump in, but as soon as I do, the plane dies and you have to go through the formal start up.

Great job and I will have fun with this one. (I should also say I am now pretty much exclusively P3D 3.3.5) Have not fired up FSX in months.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I almost never fly russian aircraft despite their beauty, because I cant read the cockpit gauges and they have very different procedures to western aircraft most of the time. However I LOVE this little beauty. The quick start guide steps you right through the switchology to get going and the aircraft is great. I found a couple of repaints for the slovakian and Hungarian AF as well. Bravo and well done!

My one comment... would it be possible to have a "quick start" button or option to start the aircraft from something other than cold cockpit? I tried saving a scenario with the aircraft started on the ramp, so I could just jump in, but as soon as I do, the plane dies and you have to go through the formal start up.

Great job and I will have fun with this one. (I should also say I am now pretty much exclusively P3D 3.3.5) Have not fired up FSX in months.

Eric

Correction... I found the "quick start" capability mentioned above with shift+3... this bird is awesome.

I'm still not having much luck with this. Reinstalled FSX, dropped in the Mig, no joy. Installed FSX on my laptop, tried the Mig, again no luck.
    About to give up on this for now.
    Does anybody using Win10 have the radar and weapons working?

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    You caught my typo! Yes it should be button. There's nothing unusual about how the trim works on the MiG, it's the standard FSX/P3D setup. You can also use the keyboard to trim up.

Hint: on the little card affix to the panel to the right of the warning panel, the top left number shows your current trim setting. Anything above 19 is considered takeoff trim.
    Thanks! Trim works now ok. I first didn't remember the trim buttons right (found that easily from FSX settings). That's why they didn't work. However the Takeoff Trim light didn't ever come on not at least with trim setting 20. What a plane! This is surely a keeper in my hangar.

Pekka

I'm still not having much luck with this. Reinstalled FSX, dropped in the Mig, no joy. Installed FSX on my laptop, tried the Mig, again no luck.
    About to give up on this for now.
    Does anybody using Win10 have the radar and weapons working?

I dont have tacpack installed on my P3D at the moment. but I cannot get the radar to work despite exact following of the quick start guide instructions. I can toggle through hanging different weapons on the MiG but cant use them. Perhaps this is a P3D vs FSX thing? I do let the rader sit in warm up mode, but then it wont turn on. Oh well.

What this bird really needs is an updated highly polished metal bird ala Tufun or Rick. Zsoltquack did some great repaints back in the day though. Had to search around the web for them. Would like to see if there was an MF variant used by China or Vietnam.

THis is the specific Vietnam MiG I'd love to see repainted.

Finally got it working!

The RP22SM.dll gauge was looking for "Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT" which is part of VS2008 but not included in the runtime package. If that's not installed, then the gauge won't load.

Finally got it working!

The RP22SM.dll gauge was looking for "Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT" which is part of VS2008 but not included in the runtime package. If that's not installed, then the gauge won't load.
    Dave, where can I get this Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT file?

I downloaded and installed VS2008 Express from Microsoft. Total overkill really but I don't think there's another way as it's not supposed to be distributed separately.
    I assume gauge needs compiling without the debug option.

I downloaded and installed VS2008 Express from Microsoft. Total overkill really but I don't think there's another way as it's not supposed to be distributed separately.
    Holy cow...thats like a gigabyte. To get ONE gauge working... I did the same, but it wanted me to burn the iso file to a disk to install, and I am not going through all that foolishness. Is Ivan Jurcaga still around? This sounds like one the developer needs to fix.

No need to burn a disc, you can extract the contents of the iso to a folder with a program like 7-zip or similar.

I think you are correct Dave, and I'll compile up a release version with VS2008 an hopefully these dependency issues will go away for everyone. That's truly why we beta. Thanks for your determined efforts to get it to work!

Dutch

Holy cow...thats like a gigabyte. To get ONE gauge working... I did the same, but it wanted me to burn the iso file to a disk to install, and I am not going through all that foolishness. Is Ivan Jurcaga still around? This sounds like one the developer needs to fix.
    I'm pretty sure I can fix that, I believe by the simple expedient of compiling without including debug code. I'll be doing that and posting up an updated Beta soon.

Sorry you have to do to so much trouble just to get the gauge to load.

Dutch

Here is an update, compiled without debugging stuff in it. Should fix most issues, hopefully, without any dependencies: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/MIG21MFN_beta_160821.zip

What about this instead ?...

If interested, see post#10 here -> http://simworksstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=454.0
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    What about this instead ?...

If interested, see post#10 here -> http://simworksstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=454.0
    Thanks. I looked at that thread and couldnt see where to get these. ?

Does anybody besides me get an error on launch of the MiG 21 to go fly that says that a sound.ini file is missing? P3D substitutes a default one, but its still an error. How to fix?

I had that with the first beta, but not with the last ones.

I dont have tacpack installed on my P3D at the moment. but I cannot get the radar to work despite exact following of the quick start guide instructions. I can toggle through hanging different weapons on the MiG but cant use them. Perhaps this is a P3D vs FSX thing? I do let the rader sit in warm up mode, but then it wont turn on. Oh well.

What this bird really needs is an updated highly polished metal bird ala Tufun or Rick. Zsoltquack did some great repaints back in the day though. Had to search around the web for them. Would like to see if there was an MF variant used by China or Vietnam.

Decided to give this a go myself. Not done yet, but headed in the right direction.

Could the Tacpack mods be added to Ivan's Mig-21F-13 (FE2004/FSX) in the same manner as his earlier Mig-21MF?

It sure is a beauty...

Members who have read this thread: 2