FCS Lancaster FDE

Thread: FCS Lancaster FDE

FCS Lancaster FDE

Inspired by the terrifc skins for this great plane I decide to take her for a spin. After watching a slew of real-life videos I realized she was quite nimble in the way she handled. That was not my experience with the FDE which IMHO flew more like a "brick".

So I've updated the first aircraft in the set, the BI. I think there is an improvement but I would leave that up to the rest of you if you all think it would be appropriate (and legal) to post here.

Feedback please!

Yes, please.

Dave

Personally I don't see an issue here Mal. I think an updated flight version of the Flight dynamics is, from legal perspective, quite similar to an update of textures, which we normally call a repaint or skin.

Cheers,
    Huub

OK, here is the update for the first model in the set, the BI. Please feedback to me if there is a need for further refinement. This was a relatively quick and simple tweak of a few parameters aimed at helping the ol'gal fly with a bit more vitality.

If you program W+E into your keystrokes and switch on the boost coil and then engage W+E you will see an increase in the boost per the supercharger. Also now you will get all individual flap settings thru 56.5 per the manual.

BTW, I tweaked these files in Steam which flies a bit different than FSX. So if you find some anomalies or something that doesn't feel right tell me and I'll have a look at it in FSX. I used default controller settings and Realism sliders on full.

***Back up your re-paint info from the aircraft.cfg. I uploaded these without all the add-ons.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anyone like me inspired by the recent paints and Mal's FDE and looking to get in on this act, might like to know US PCAviator have it discounted by 50% til the end of the month.

I bouth this add-ons years ago, but the latest paints and FDE ugdate certainly rejuvenated my interest in this classic warbird.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

If there is any feedback on the new FDE please let me know. If she flies ok/better then I will update the rest of the package. If not, well then....

Members who have read this thread: 0