This is where I say thank you and sadly good bye......

Thread: This is where I say thank you and sadly good bye......

Hybrid View

This is where I say thank you and sadly good bye......

After years and years going from FS1 all the way up to FSX, I have decided to call it a day and have removed the simulator from my PC. For years it was for me, I used nothing else was so keen and then if it wasn't for A2A taking me on as 2nd Consultant on their wonderful T-6 project, then I think I would have packed it all in there and then. Tim Conrad invited me to this page years ago, when I helped answer a few queries as to his T-28 build and it is a wonderful site full of wonderful people. I can't thank you all enough for your help and guidance over the years, but now it is time for me to move on.

Some of you will know that I am heavily involved with the T-6 - for over 30 years now and as we stand am more busy than ever, even taking me into a full time dream job. So with all that is going on, I simply don't have all the time to sit down and use the sim. All of my software has been donated to a ATC Squadron for their new system and my controls and hardware are off to a local Museum for their in-house simulator.

It's been a pleasure knowing everyone here and I will try and pop in every now and again. May I wish you all the best for the future.

Best wishes and Happy Landings,

Martin

Farewell Martin,

Thanks for your contributions and as its a small world, we might meet again.

Cheers,
    Huub

Indeed.. fare ye well Martin. All the very best for the future

DaveB

The best to you Martin in the future. Thanks for all you have given to our hobby.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Perfectly understandable, Martin, but sorry to see you go. Thanks for everything you brought to the A2A Texan and all the other projects you worked on. Hope you'll visit from time to time. Blue skies!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

All the best Martin and best of luck for the future!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Dream jobs take precedence Martin. I wish you all the best and I echo the sentiments of so many others here when I say thank you for your expertise and your contributions. No doubt they have made SOH a better place. . .God Speed!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Icon9 Reply...

T6Flyer,

Thank you for all you have done, and Godspeed!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Blog Entries
    Had my dream job so it is perfectly understandable. Best to you and yours and maybe we will see you on here again sometime
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I send wishes for all the best for you Martin! Sounds like you're landing in another/greater aspect of our mutual love of aviation and none here would blame you. I had once left flight simulations years ago (in my early years of doing it) due to time constraints as well but got back into it around 03/04. I also once thought that I'd be involved in local plans for an aviation museum but those plans apparently (and unfortunately) fell through and the aircraft owner has since liquidated his warbird collection due to ill health. I commend your dedication to all the aspects of aviation you've been involved in and contributed to. I'm certain many of us (and many others) have benefited from your efforts which are greatly appreciated. One good thing about flight simulation, it has evolved greatly in the last decade and clearly has the power to draw the interest of new and younger folks into the realm of aviation and it's vast history. IMHO, the latter is vital for both bringing more students into aviation and also keeping it's history rich and alive.

Again, I bid you best wishes and thanks for your contributions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, that's great news that you've landed your dream job; those don't come along very often, so when opportunity knocks...

But you will be missed around these parts. Best of luck, but I don't think you're going to need it. Take care.

Sorry to see you leaving the sim world, but happy to hear you found a perfect "replacement" to keep you busy
    Best wishes !

Martin , time to kick the chocks out taxi out, destination on the horizon

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    After years and years going from FS1 all the way up to FSX, I have decided to call it a day and have removed the simulator from my PC. For years it was for me, I used nothing else was so keen and then if it wasn't for A2A taking me on as 2nd Consultant on their wonderful T-6 project, then I think I would have packed it all in there and then. Tim Conrad invited me to this page years ago, when I helped answer a few queries as to his T-28 build and it is a wonderful site full of wonderful people. I can't thank you all enough for your help and guidance over the years, but now it is time for me to move on.

Some of you will know that I am heavily involved with the T-6 - for over 30 years now and as we stand am more busy than ever, even taking me into a full time dream job. So with all that is going on, I simply don't have all the time to sit down and use the sim. All of my software has been donated to a ATC Squadron for their new system and my controls and hardware are off to a local Museum for their in-house simulator.

It's been a pleasure knowing everyone here and I will try and pop in every now and again. May I wish you all the best for the future.

Best wishes and Happy Landings,

Martin
    What is good You will have max FPS but it looks like good chance also and interesting job! Regards and good luck!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0