Tough road ahead for Jr

Thread: Tough road ahead for Jr

Tough road ahead for Jr

Going to miss at least 2 more races, Watkins Glen and Bristol. Jeff will drive both races for him though. Got to be rough when just going out to dinner with family and friends brings on the dizziness and vision problems.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...ymptoms-080216

I could be wrong, but I think this is how Jr. will exit racing and still retain his fan base. Jr. has not been the stellar performer in the Sprint Cup Series that he was supposed to be. I think his interests are elsewhere and perhaps Rick Hendrick is tired of him. If he is medically unable to continue racing, then he retires with dignity rather than being fired. Just my theory.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    perhaps Rick Hendrick is tired of him.
    Perhaps Rick Hendrick is tired of all the millions of $ Jr is bringing him through sponsorship and advertisment contracts ?

I would think if "Mr. H" was considering firing drivers for non performance, he would start with the 5 car...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Icon2

I hate to say this because I like Jr...But the way things look now from the media, it won't be surprising if he never makes it back in the seat :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I hate to say this because I like Jr...But the way things look now from the media, it won't be surprising if he never makes it back in the seat :-(

I tend to thin your right, but there may be two seats open at RHM. Rick won't put up with the 5's poor performance forever, neither will the sponsors.

i agree,i like him for who the man is,he really is a good guy from what im told by my friend Allen (works for JGR,and is at alot of the races,talks to alot of people)hes good to his fans and even to those who dont like him.i still think he is gay though,and yes alot of gay men are in the closet and marry women all the time,i know trust me,i also know a gay man when i see one.that of course has nothing to do with any of this,brain injury,racing ect,some people say he went off when Dale died and all..but hes won since,and he is still great at the plate tracks,My dad had a theory and that was that jr "lost his mojo" ,and my dad never said mojo except about this.lol.but dad said after his corvette crash on the road course when he got burnt,it must have scared him as he wasnt as good after it.

I agree Panther. I still hope he will recover, but you have to ask, is it worth it. He's got his whole life ahead of him, why put himself in danger anymore. I don't remember what race it was, but Sr was supposed to pit, but he missed the pit entrance, and said over the radio that he couldn't see where it was.. I wonder if he had concussion problems too at the time. Dale had been in some real bad wrecks during his career.

Members who have read this thread: 0