A warning for W10 user - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A warning for W10 user

The update went with a hitch with the exception of it not picking up the free copy of CCleaner that I had loaded up on the previous editon of my Windows 10 64 bit . I just downloaded and reinstalled the latest free copy and it works fine along with all the flightsim stuff . I have noticed some Windows and Explorer menu changes . I'll have to read up on all the changes that went into Win 10 SP1 .

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    A guide from a Windows Guru Britec may be of use to some.
    Naismith, thanks! The video is quite helpful, took the plunge today and emerged without major headaches. The only important things I lost were the NVidia Inspector profiles but I have seen that before when I updated the drivers in the past. I was a bit anxious about my dual boot 32bit / 64bit OS setup but everything survived the updates quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Gmax is working fine on your W10....i don't believe! I have the material editor stuck. What is the cure?
    I haven't had that happen: do you mean the Material Editor freezes or it leaves areas on screen frozen after using it? There is a known issue with 3ds Max leaving frozen areas on the screen, but running the program as an Administrator avoids that, so try the same with Gmax.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Could be my imagination, but it does seem to run a little faster.....
    That'd be nice since every bit of performance counts for FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Gmax is working fine on your W10....i don't believe! I have the material editor stuck. What is the cure?
    See here for a discussion on this issue and possible solutions:
    http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads...pgrade.435033/

Turned out to be my Motherboard causing the problem. All is right with the world now, well as much as it can be with Windows 10.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I haven't had that happen: do you mean the Material Editor freezes or it leaves areas on screen frozen after using it? There is a known issue with 3ds Max leaving frozen areas on the screen, but running the program as an Administrator avoids that, so try the same with Gmax.
    Thank's, i'll try soon.

JMC

Yup, update trashed my win 10 so had to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Yup, update trashed my win 10 so had to start from scratch.
    Yep....when it works...it works.

When it doesn't.... it all goes to poo.

Sort of Russian Roulette....only with one empty chamber...

Members who have read this thread: 0