Hoggggggg - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    More Carrier Qual trials...........

The Ensign Elimenator........

Tom
    humminah.humminah.humminah

Ohhhh,That's SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank You sir:woot:
    /Patrick/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Master of Disaster
    I want to see the deck under the pilots feet. I think it'll be interesting to see how it's modeled? But she's looking very nice! Now all I need is a Wildkitty.........:amen:
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

I'd post some pix if the net was uploading them... The deck, not really a deck, more like field privy.... couple of "boards" for your feet....

T.

Looks great guys, and I bet it will fly nice once the test pilot fills out the paperwork :ernae:

I might have to think about re-installing "X" but FS9 and stuff is keeping me busy with some sort of race coming up

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

I hope the gun sight reticle can be turned off or otherwise disabled. They are a necessity for a combat flight, but I find them to be a distraction in civilian flight.

Will the gun sight collimate? Like in A2A fighters?

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    Will the gun sight collimate? Like in A2A fighters?
    do you mean that fact that they stay on the reflector glass?? if so then no, as its projected straight onto the canopy itself (or so i was told)

few more pics

want to see the deck under the pilots feet

:wave:
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

That pit is beautifull!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for showing them off gents:ernae:
    /Patrick/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

<DIR>The gun sight switch and the rheostat for the gun sight light has three positions, "ON," "OFF," and "ALT, alt is for the night version which will be green.

</DIR>

It should be stated that HUD's in WW2 weren't actually HUD's at all. They were reflective sights or, gyro controlled sights. There was no such thing as a collimated sight picture in any WW2 aircraft as that type of technology was invented much later.

The actual first HUD was invented by an RAF test pilot by the name of Mike Crosley, who, at the time, tried to sell it, but no one was buying thinking that the tech was useless... so, he let the patent lapse. Silly boy!

So, no, the HUD on the Hog will NOT be collimated nor will it be a HUD at all...

Just to clarify what collimate means : a collimated HUD will allow for the HUD symbology to be projected to appear as about 200 feet away. This allows the pilot to focus always on the outside. As it can take up to 1 second to focus in and out (close and far), and that one second could mean life or death, this system was implemented. As well, the idea behind it was too allow for the pilot moving his/her head from left to right and up and down and still be able to see the HUD symbology clearly. Though, in the real world, this isn't actually possible due to restrictions on lense technology, they do quite well if you don't move your head too much. In flight sims, doing the same thing is extremely difficult and causes a great deal of "pain"...

Aerosoft is the only company to be able to deliver one that actually works. (SO FAR!!!!)

I think Empeck asked about this feature:

[YOUTUBE]Blem3FlkaMc[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]NXsVg8F91t8[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]G7KvpWloagE[/YOUTUBE]

If the reflective sight didn't remain stationary regardless of pilots head position, aiming would be impossible without the secondary aiming cue in front of it. So I think they worked this way on every WWII fighter.[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
    Mike

Exactly - some1 is right. As far as I know only A2A fighters include this feature, and of course, Aerosoft's F-16.

Master of Disaster
    I'd post some pix if the net was uploading them... The deck, not really a deck, more like field privy.... couple of "boards" for your feet....

T.
    Rgr. and the empty space under the pilots feet would collect dirt. I've read that some pilots got a face full of dirt during combat turning and burning!

So that's where sarge left that wrench....

Tell you what... I'll dogfight the A2A Jug any day in our Hoggggggggggg.

T.

Ohhhhhhh,sounds like a challenge!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Tell you what... I'll dogfight the A2A Jug any day in our Hoggggggggggg.

T.
    I know we can't have real bullets and damage in FSX, but what about paintball dogfights that leave marks? If possible it would at least be something and it would be alot of fun.
    Ok, I'm dreaming again:focus:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

I read a story about an FG-1D that was purchased as surplus, I guess back in the 1950's. It must have been sitting for a while, as the story goes, the pilot was flying it home and decided to do a roll. Dirt, a wrench, and a dead rat all banged around the inside of the canopy.:faint:

Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    Exactly - some1 is right. As far as I know only A2A fighters include this feature, and of course, Aerosoft's F-16.
    And the both used the same method , more or less with the f16 using a cone and the p47 a highly elongated pyramid , scale up in sub object mode to prevent the spot view getting skewed as well as the selection window and use the materials editor to allow the alpha channel to be seen only from the right angle , a couple of visibility nodes to control it being on and off in power down situations. I can see the use in the case of a HUD but with the reticule in a fighter i find it distracting , fortunately there is an off switch. Not sure its worth the trouble in this case . <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    I wonder who copied who ? ....

<o></o>
    <o></o>

I don't know who copied who, but A2A's Bf-109 i own had this feature long before Aerosoft's F-16 release. I don't care really, both WoP2 planes and Aerosoft's F-16 are stunning.

Personally I don't think it's distracting, even more, I can't look at 'just' textured gunsight glass anymore, fortunately there is an off switch .

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I know we can't have real bullets and damage in FSX, but what about paintball dogfights that leave marks? If possible it would at least be something and it would be alot of fun.
    Ok, I'm dreaming again:focus:
    Need a wingman Marine? Death before dishonor!!

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    Need a wingman Marine? Death before dishonor!!
    Oh yeah!!! Let's paint the hell outta them:karate:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

They will be easy to see, just follow the smoke trails.......

T.

Members who have read this thread: 3