FTX North America Landclass released...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTX North America Landclass released...

FTX North America Landclass released...

Those who bought the original that covered Northern North America will get an automatic discount. Split into 4 parts which must all be downloaded to create the lc for the whole of North America.

However the servers seem to be massively overloaded at present so although I have made my purchase I have given up trying to download for now and will try again tomorrow.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I'm one that purchased the early version (Alaska/Canada) and qualify for the discount however, despite the size of the download I'm wondering just how significant the overall change in appearance will actually be. I already have Vector Basic, FTX Global Basic, North America-Canada/Alaska and European Landclass. Plus a number of individual payware airports and all the freeware airports. Unless I were to fly to every region in the US, which I won't, I don't know if even at $32 it's worth getting.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Not Today, the store works very slow, I'm afraid what will be with download purchase .... !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I can't wait to get this as the textures look amazing and I like flying everywhere. Plus it has most of the Bahamas, Caribbean, and goes down to Central America. Granted, there are problems with the beaches in some of those areas, but they're going to fix those. Now I'll be able to fly over some great textures when commuting between my west coast and east coast airports.

I´m confused now
    I have the previous (Alaska/Canada) package too. Does this new package NA have what is covered with the first package? Do i have to uninstall it before installing the new complete LC NA package?
    Also, i don´t see where is the discount in FSS store. Can someone point me to it? (FSS shop is very slow at the moment)

Thanks.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

For me the discount was automatically deducted at the check out.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Good question about uninstalling the original first. I honestly don't know but either Nick will answer or we need to post in the ORBX forums.
    SYSTEM :

Will ask in the orbx forum and answer here later. Standby.
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

Ed at ORBX has stated there is no need to uninstall OpenLC Alaska/Canada. Just install the new OpenLC NA over the top.

Ah, thanks for the info!

Yes, the installers search for what is already installed and only add missing or updated files.
    The discount is indeed applied at the checkout.
    Regards,
    Nick

I just wanted to get it,but before i tick "Confirm Order" i shall pay AUD31.
    I have the NA LC and the senior discount.
    Should be AUD 22 or will this appear after i have confirmed order?
    Mike

Is this AUS$54.95 - AUS$22.50 = $32.45 less 20% =AUS$25.96?
    I don't qualify for the senior discount, is that given at the checkout?
    Regards,
    Nick

Got it paid for but can't get to the download link. Servers are overwhelmed.

With the upgrade discount and the conversion to USD it was only $24 and change. Great deal.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I just wanted to get it,but before i tick "Confirm Order" i shall pay AUD31.
    I have the NA LC and the senior discount.
    Should be AUD 22 or will this appear after i have confirmed order?
    Mike
    Log into your account before starting the purchase. This will advise their system that you qualify for the over 65 discount.

I think i did it.
    Now it`s too late,the purchase hangs waiting for PayPal.
    Cannot delete it.
    I mailed them,but now i have to wait for an answer.
    Mike

In Melbourne, it's 0455, tomorrow, a bit early for office hours.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Log into your account before starting the purchase. This will advise their system that you qualify for the over 65 discount.
    I logged in first and then went to purchase, the only discount prior to transferring me to paypal was the initial $22 dollar discount.

I had a bunch of points saved up and just threw those at it. . .brought it to $22. US. . .pretty good deal.
    Last edited by falcon409; July 31st, 2016 at 14:56. Reason: New Info
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    I just purchased this. Based on a quick 30 min. flight over my home area of Louisiana, an area where I have frequently flown in real life as well as sim life, all I can say is WOW. I haven't looked at other areas yet. However, if what I saw over the New Iberia-Lafayette area is indicative of the entire package, it is worth every penny of the $50 bucks or so.

I have both GTX US V2 for PD3 and MegaScenery Earth. This package comes close to MegaScenery in the detail. However, it's colors are more natural and it provides wonderful autogen. The city of New Iberia is 30-40,000 souls. In UTX it hardly shows. In FTX NA LC it is not only there in the appropriate size and density, the streets are as accurate as a map. I could easily pick out the major streets from 1500' AFL.

I have just recently returned from Alaska, where I did some flying out of Anchorage in a Cessna 206 and a DHC Beaver. I want to re-fly that area in PD3 using this new landclass scenery. I bet it will approach the real thing. Especially if I can land on the beach, like we did.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

This looks great but if I am adding it up right I would have to spend $116.25US (FTX Global Base@75.01 + NA Landclass@41.24). Yikes!

I just logged in to my account and and then added this NA LC to the shopping card.

Credit was dwducted at checkout, and I paid US$24.

Will start downloading tonight after I get home from work. Servers should also work better around those hours.

Looking forward to exploring the US all over again, lol.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    This looks great but if I am adding it up right I would have to spend $116.25US (FTX Global Base@75.01 + NA Landclass@41.24). Yikes!
    They also recommend that you use Global Vectors. That has to be another $25-30.

Hobby is getting as expensive as golf.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Looks great and I'm thinking about it.However,the landclass migration almost wrecked my FSX installation.The only thing keeping me from a complete reinstall was the current backup I kept on a portable drive.I got my FSX back to pre-migration status and have been a bit gun shy about trying that again.
    How is the performance relative to UTX or default scenery? Can UTX be used for Vector scenery (saving 60$) if UTX landclass is deactivated and OLCNA is used for landclass?

Yes, that will work. UTX can provide selectable vector scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by dc10boy View Post
    Looks great and I'm thinking about it.However,the landclass migration almost wrecked my FSX installation.The only thing keeping me from a complete reinstall was the current backup I kept on a portable drive.I got my FSX back to pre-migration status and have been a bit gun shy about trying that again.
    How is the performance relative to UTX or default scenery? Can UTX be used for Vector scenery (saving 60$) if UTX landclass is deactivated and OLCNA is used for landclass?
    Gun shy here too. I'm happy with my 'world' as is - which includes FTX Global and both OpenLC in Europe and Alaska/Canada, all of which I consider good investments. But I haven't touched FTX Central for the last couple of months and am wary of the automatic 'landclass migration' that will occur if/when I do. :-(

Members who have read this thread: 0