Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 20
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Please forgive me for asking such question that all of you will probably find stupid and sneer on this. I am TOTALLY NEW to this new version 3 excitement.

My question is that are liveries from C-47 version 2 and DC-3 version 2 interexchangable and compatible with C-47 version 3 and DC-3 version 3, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Not such a stupid question, ive found about 90% are, occasionally, ive found a few problems around the glare panel just in front of the cockpit window, but im handy enough with PSP to fix things, try a few and see if they work

cheers ian

Turning out to be a darn hard paint.....slow and painful.
    More hand-drawn fonts....and still issues with size/spacing/layout.

Might even have to force perspective towards the rear where the fuse gets thinner.

Edit.....there "is this rule" about graphic design and font choices....never use more than 3....

I'm losing count on this plane....and at least 2 more to come...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-AEQ-8.jpg   VH-AEQ-7.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; August 21st, 2016 at 22:28.

Keep up the good work Jafo, this is one of my favourites and I have been using the V2 paint on this version with the grey/blue VC available as that seemed to be the cockpit interior colours for TAA in the 1960's. I don't suppose you would like to try your hand at the Sunbird version or just the plain non anniversary paint as well? Your trials doing this are appreciated. I don't think the rules of graphic design were of importance then, they must have been a bugger to paint in real life as well.

Jafo not sure if these are of interest or help but they are the TAA colour photos I have, some are proper DC-3s some are C-47 conversions.

This is one of the few right side photos but unfortunately B&W

This is the only one I have of AEQ

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0250_248l.jpg   0250_267.jpg   0251_116l.jpg   VH-AEQ2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Jafo not sure if these are of interest or help but they are the TAA colour photos I have, some are proper DC-3s some are C-47 conversions.

This is the only one I have of AEQ

Yes....got all those....annoyingly so far I've found exactly 2 photos that are the right and left of AEQ while in the 50 Anni livery ....and therefore only the one of all that text....and there is a graphic to the left of it that I can't decypher.... may be some 25 year commemorative thing.

Considering the current state of AEQ I doubt hunting it down now is going to help at all.

It's 'GIGO' time now....searching ways of finding any other/better graphic...

Did anyone already do the N115U (Turbine DC3).

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/...91QSCI16172101

http://fireaviation.com/tag/dc-3/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N115Z.jpg   aa0.jpg   DSC03677_DC-3_sm.jpg  
    Anneke

Cockpit Repaint Lufthansa?

Hi to all the very talented Cockpit Repainters here. May be someone can make for us a cockpit locking like the picture then we all can use it with the very nice Lufthansa Repaint that is available already here? This would be great.

I did find this picture and they say this is the original look of the cockpit from the Lufthansa.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...4085919%29.jpg

About as far as I can get it....without finding a better pic of that graphic....added it from the tiny image I had.....place-holder at best...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-AEQ-10.jpg   VH-AEQ-9.jpg  

here's another of AEQ:

and here's a link to a pic with the extra paintwork:
    http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-3/.../0250.676.html
    and one to a pic showing the TAA logo underneath the wing (and probably on top as well):
    http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-3/.../0250.858.html
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    here's another of AEQ:

and here's a link to a pic with the extra paintwork:
    http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-3/.../0250.676.html
    Yep...that one's just before or just after ....pretty sure it's before....
    ...and the other one is that 'only photo' I have of what the text/artwork looks like...

Ian Elliot,

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Aharon

Hb-irc

Hello,

just a small question concerning a paint I am working on.
    I have the HB-IRC in progress but I don't have the right font for the "SWISS AIR LINES" letters as you can see on this picture:
    http://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...h=836&biw=1472

Its not realy necessary because there are many pictures where you can see the airplane without these letters, but it would be a nice addition.
    If someone could help me out, I would highly appreciate it!!

Regards,

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post

That is a very pretty plane. The big drawback I see is the engines.(apart from it being a turbo) The way the paint/model is laid out makes it impossible to get the lines to meet. I had to abandon this aircraft on account of it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6.jpg  

Would really like to see United Air Lines updated to v3 with the pre-50's paint. Also update to American Airlines v2 to v3.

Thanks,

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    ...and the other one is that 'only photo' I have of what the text/artwork looks like...

I wonder if we asked nicely whether Manfred would do a Viewmaster model and a model with 8 windows on each side.

In Australia TAA, Ansett, Airlines of NSW and Butler all flew at least one Viewmaster. Also a Google search reveals versions of the C-47/DC-3 with 8 windows on each side.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

I wonder if we asked nicely whether Manfred would do a Viewmaster model and a model with 8 windows on each side.

In Australia TAA, Ansett, Airlines of NSW and Butler all flew at least one Viewmaster. Also a Google search reveals versions of the C-47/DC-3 with 8 windows on each side.
    Yep...AEQ was a Viewmaster by the time it was in this livery....

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    JAFO this aircraft was painted to celebrate the first commercial air mail carried in Australia, which was actually an amazing flight in by a frenchman Maurice Guilleaux primitive Bleriot aircraft from Melbourne via Goulburn (overnight) in NSW to Sydney in 1914. Simply amazing flight that I was completely ignorant about. The aeroplane survived and is in the powerhouse museum in Sydney Australia.

That logo is a mystery but to try and help I have searched for logos and sponsor for the event and that period and before in Australia and come up with nothing even remotely similar. John Mack was a photographer from SA who was involved in aviation and photography but it is not his company or business. It has nothing to do with Mildara Wines (Penfolds) I think it is a stylized version of the chilli in a circle logo of an long gone company OT Cordials, as they supported the first flight and had their logo under the wing of the Bleriot. I cannot find a good colour or clear print of that logo but it is very similar and the centre lettering is suggesting of something with OT in the centre.

JAFO this aircraft was painted to celebrate the first commercial air mail carried in Australia, which was actually an amazing flight in by a frenchman Maurice Guilleaux primitive Bleriot aircraft from Melbourne via Goulburn (overnight) in NSW to Sydney in 1914. Simply amazing flight that I was completely ignorant about. The aeroplane survived and is in the powerhouse museum in Sydney Australia.

That logo is a mystery but to try and help I have searched for logos and sponsor for the event and that period and before in Australia and come up with nothing even remotely similar. John Mack was a photographer from SA who was involved in aviation and photography but it is not his company or business. It has nothing to do with Mildara Wines (Penfolds) I think it is a stylized version of the chilli in a circle logo of an long gone company OT Cordials, as they supported the first flight and had their logo under the wing of the Bleriot. I cannot find a good colour or clear print of that logo but it is very similar and the centre lettering is suggesting of something with OT in the centre.
    Ah....thanks for the help....anything graphic-wise has to be better than what I have in that photo.
    I too had figured it was nothing to do with Mack or Mildara, but was yet another 'sponsor'.of some sort.

Edit...

My 'interpretation' of the graphic is...a circle with text in the bottom arc of the ring...a boomerang, ends pointing up with text across it that could be '1914 to 1939' a standing kangaroo above...and a '25' below.

Theory is it could be a commemorative logo for 25 years.

Edit edit...

sort of like this...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-AEQ-11.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; August 22nd, 2016 at 20:09.

Jafo re: "My 'interpretation' of the graphic is...a circle with text in the bottom arc of the ring...a boomerang, ends pointing up with text across it that could be '1914 to 1939' a standing kangaroo above...and a '25' below. Theory is it could be a commemorative logo for 25 years."

Could be definitely looks like a boomerang shape across the middle but to my eyes the vertical shape looks like the bottom of an augur with a chilli top so it is a figure of some sort that is holding the boomerang, as to what that could be or who I have no idea. Win some lose some I guess, pity there is nobody on PPrune who could enlighten us.

I think I'll leave it with a 'grey' "place holder" [pretend the sticker fell off] and upload as is ...until a miracle happens and I find the graphic...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-AEQ-12.jpg  

Jafo sounds good to me, the logo was probably one of those one off weirdo logos done at the time but it has not turned up on any of my Australian museum searches of the 2th 50th or 100th Anniversary documents and photos they have either. I will see if any of the older drivers on PPRune can remember it at all.

Jafo sounds good to me, the logo was probably one of those one off weirdo logos done at the time but it has not turned up on any of my Australian museum searches of the 2th 50th or 100th Anniversary documents and photos they have either. I will see if any of the older drivers on PPRune can remember it at all.
    Back at the time when that animal was at Essendon [YMEN] my old man was DCA...FSO3 [was in charge for a while] before being transferred to the back-woods of Tulla, under the tower...when Tulla came on line. I probably saw this one at one time or another as I passed the Airport every day on the way to school [Essendon Grammar]...

Hello! Long time lurker, first time posting here. I have a livery request for the fabulous C-47 if any one of you amazing painters are up for it. It's a DC-3 that is very famous here in Finland, you can see it at airshows and it takes people on for flights. Reference pictures are a plenty and can be found at the official site, http://www.dc-ry.fi/, for example. I give you:

OH-LCH!!(without the exclamation marks)

Much obliged!/Andreas in Finland

Addman,

That is AWESOME metallic shine on the Finnish airline DC-3!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 17