Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

@tgycgijoes..

I've had a quick look at the PK and sadly.. I loose all the layer components as PSE can't open them. However, there IS a wireframe which shows where the dorsal is on the fin. Joe (Butcherbird) has nailed it on his dayglo paint and he must have found it using the wireframe
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It looks superb, YoYo, and it's great to see the silver paint depicted an accurate shade.
    Thank You John! Few more pictures of MAAM repaint. I'll upload this skin Today/Tomorrow.

Last edited by YoYo; August 6th, 2016 at 09:39.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Oh yeah! Thanks in advance for the NATS repaint, Yo Yo! NC

Wireframe

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    @tgycgijoes..

I've had a quick look at the PK and sadly.. I loose all the layer components as PSE can't open them. However, there IS a wireframe which shows where the dorsal is on the fin. Joe (Butcherbird) has nailed it on his dayglo paint and he must have found it using the wireframe
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks Dave, I didn't think of the wireframe. Will go back to Photoshop and wireframe it and put some color there. I don't think that I get the wireframe in Paintshop Pro either tho you DO get some of the layers "discomboobilated" LOL. I am getting pretty good at pairing off with both programs. That's how I cut and pasted the corrections to move the white further forward until it got to where it belonged. Like the "working partnership" between Sketchup/Model Converter X/Airport Design Editor it is just taking me practice and trial and error workups.

Signed
    "Too Stubborn To Quit"

LOL

Signed
    "Too Stubborn To Quit"
    hahahahahahaha

ATB
    DaveB

Icon14

Thanks a lot for your excellent repaints, Yoyo!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ

Making alpha channel from alpha layer

Hi All:

If I could, please, I need some help with a repaint I would like to do of the DC3 v3.12 beta. Using the DC-3 v3.12 paint kit, I produced this paint of a former Government of Canada aircraft:

What I would like to do is this aircraft:

However, I am the worst repainter ever, and although I know a fair bit about repainting, as long as it involves straight lines, I still have much to learn. Highly polished aluminum surfaces is one of them.

As I understand polish, it is determined by the alpha channel. I have downloaded both the paint kit and the paint kit basics, both of which have alpha layers, but neither of which has an alpha channel. My question is how do I make an alpha channel out of an alpha layer? How do I use the paint kit to get a highly polished metal surface?

Yes, I have read and followed my manual, searched and read in the forums, and watched multiple youtube videos. Following any of those instructions has not worked. I assume I'm doing something wrong, or missing a step.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Douglas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC3-1.jpg   TCA DC3.jpg  

YoYo-

MAAM looks lovely! Haven't flown her since FS9! Any chance of a peek at her VC? Did you use black???

Fingers x'ed!

Ta- C

For a close match to the MAAM R4D cockpit, you would need to go with medium-dark grey cockpit textures:

http://www.maam.org/airshow/r4d_cockpit.htm
    http://www.maam.org/airshow/r4d_panels.htm

Textures made for previous versions of the C-47.
    SAS "Fritdjof Viking" and a livery for the RNoAF

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    For a close match to the MAAM R4D cockpit, you would need to go with medium-dark grey cockpit textures:

http://www.maam.org/airshow/r4d_cockpit.htm
    http://www.maam.org/airshow/r4d_panels.htm
    Thanks John! Can't wait to see her in person

Best- C

"Textures made for previous versions of the C-47.SAS "Fritdjof Viking" and a livery for the RNoAF"

Oh.....YES PLEASE!!!!

Thank you for doing these fantastic paints!!

Regards,
    Tim..

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    "Textures made for previous versions of the C-47.SAS "Fritdjof Viking" and a livery for the RNoAF"

Oh.....YES PLEASE!!!!

Thank you for doing these fantastic paints!!

Regards,
    Tim..
    Yes please here too. I've been hoping for a region/era suitable skin (DNL/ SAS) to fly in ORBX Norway. I've been flying a nice RNoAF Anson there and it would be great to be able to move up to a C-47.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post

LN-WND earlier version.
    Hello Dave. She looks amazing! When will she be available please?

Cheers,
    Tim..

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hello Dave. She looks amazing! When will she be available please?
    Here's the download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=21718

Miss Virginia

Does anyone know where I can get the polished USAF "Miss Virginia" livery?

[QUOTE=Skyhawk18;1037684]Textures made for previous versions of the C-47.

Where can I get these...I searched 4 sites and no luck.

Thanks,

The NARF paint is finished just need to make some thumbnails and edit the cfg's and type up a readme to be uploaded.

Also did this one today. I did this one like the NARF paint w/polished metal, but also did the painted version she wore in real
    world. Just need to do the alpha for the painted version and do all the same stuff as above before I zip it up.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by slimcooper2016 View Post

Try this....from a post on the A2A forums:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lu...s+Virginia.zip

NC

Quote Originally Posted by slimcooper2016 View Post
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...or-the-C-47-v3

As for Joe's paints... holy cow those are amazing!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Wow

Joe those are stunning - super job

YoYo amazing work also

I'll also add my sincere thanks and appreciation to everyone who has had a hand in bringing this beauty to us and to all the talented painters who continue its beautification. I've hardly flown anything else since v3's birth.
    You know this really does remind me of the old days when people contributed their time and effort for sheer advancement of the hobby and not just for commercial purposes. It's wonderful to see this generosity and
    selflessness again in such large measure.

I've put this bird to all sorts of unspeakable uses that have provided me with immense sim entertainment. You can actually bush fly this aircraft into some really tight spots; my latest adventures include Yoyo's excellent Swamp Rat, making
    crucial supply runs to the mission strips around Kokoda in Orbx's PNG experience. I've learned you CAN fly in and out of at least 1/2 those white knuckle strips. The other half I don't want to talk about.

Reworked the specs and lots of 'little bits'....
    Now I'll have to re-up as version 2 or something...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gooney rework-final.jpg  

This Wrigley repaint is up at Flightsim.com, texture_wrigley.zip

Regards,
    Nick

[QUOTE=triflyman;1037730]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Textures made for previous versions of the C-47.

Where can I get these...I searched 4 sites and no luck.

Thanks,
    Plus one!!

Members who have read this thread: 17