Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Oops

As Popeye the sailor use to say, this is embariskin...... I did post the wrong pic. Here is what I should of posted in my Fixed post ^ (#114)

I really like the darker seats Gman

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I may be mistaken but judging form the screen cap you posted, that looks like Jan's black VC...not mine. Not to worry, it's a beauty.
    Last edited by gray eagle; August 2nd, 2016 at 10:28.

QEA VH-EAP on the go. Simplest thing re the fonts...pull them off the photos directly...that way they can't be wrong....
    More to do...

Edit....
    done the alphas....looking closer like it....

Need to remove the text on the wings....didn't have any...and it looks like it needs to lose a bit more shine...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qantas VH-EAP2.jpg   Qantas VH-EAP1.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; August 2nd, 2016 at 07:06.

V2 textures in V3

In doing so I just edited the aircraft.cfg of the V2-version so that it referred to the modelfile and the airfile. Moved the related texturefile to thye V3 folder, eventually renamed to prevent Double naming.
    I did not try to copy the V2 model into the V3 folder so that the V2-version could use its original model-file.
    reg.,
    Piet de Geus

Tico Belle. A veteran of D-Day, Market Garden and more. She is a celebrity in her own right and still serving today. http://www.valiantaircommand.com/#!c-47-tico-belle/cgu5

I think she's finished, if only I could stop this link!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tico_belle1.jpg   tico_belle2.jpg   tico_belle3.jpg  

Nice Ron, is it possible to download it?

I'm just looking at it some more to make sure I've not missed anything...

Market garden

I had an uncle who was in the Para,s that were dropped into Arnhem,he with others was eventually captured by the Germans,i believe he was being taken to Dresden but somehow escaped,he used to tell the story about navigating his way home by the stars,and on route stealing a big Mercedes staff car which he said he traded with an American Sargent for a flight to England,wonder what aircraft he flew back in,he was certainly a tough man,seeing Market garden made my spine tingle and took me back,this looks like a very special texture to me
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by wizzards View Post
    I had an uncle who was in the Para,s that were dropped into Arnhem,he with others was eventually captured by the Germans,i believe he was being taken to Dresden but somehow escaped,he used to tell the story about navigating his way home by the stars,and on route stealing a big Mercedes staff car which he said he traded with an American Sargent for a flight to England,wonder what aircraft he flew back in,he was certainly a tough man,seeing Market garden made my spine tingle and took me back,this looks like a very special texture to me
    Peter
    An uncle to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by percuzz_capt View Post
    hello guys I'm Captain from Thailand.
    it's my Royal Thai Air Force repaint .
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-RTAF-C-47-zip

I like it! It has inspired me to have a go at a paint of a Royal Thai Navy C-47 I managed to visit, and take photos of, at U-Tapao a couple of weeks ago...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Nice repaints guys

Here some progress I have made on the last C-47 the KLM had in their fleet. The registration was cancelled 15 July 1970, when this aircraft received a Surinam registration.

@Jan Visser, when you fly this livery for a while, it actually isn't that bad.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Anyone know where this area is on the PK. I have over painted the wings and part of
    the fuselage with no luck finding it.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Anyone know where this area is on the PK. I have over painted the wings and part of
    the fuselage with no luck finding it.

Joe

Here.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clue.jpg  

Ah ha! Thanks Ron. Don't know why I didn't see that.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

This is the one that I have done nothing flash but ok I think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-8-3_7-58-14-477.jpg  

I've finished the QEA VH-EAP. Time to upload these 3 Qantas versions... [and choose some better weather]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qantas VH-EAP Final.jpg  

Icon26 Thank You GMAN for the Piedmont Airlines

Thank You GMAN for doing the Piedmont Airlines Paint. I'm a Classic Airliner (and Scenery) Flyer (no 737, A320, 777 nor boarding ramps, etc. for me) and don't do Military (I must be the only one flying airliners as most of the posts have been about military)...although I will plan to try the Paratroopers, just for fun. This looks good. I downloaded the v3 because the MAAM (although good) just doesn't work well in FSX. I fly actual airliner routs and times from the online Airliner Timetable site.

It's funny because my next set of flights (once I got home from Hong Kong TaiTak) on my "to do" list was the Frontier Airlines routs over the Rockies from the early 50's...they were really pushing the performance of the DC-3 on these. Any way I could talk you into doing a paint of Frontier Airlines from that era...I have it for the MAAM version (which is what I planned to use) but would rather do it with this v3?

Again, thank you for giving me an airliner.

Huub,

Eagerly awaiting the KLM paint,

But I hope that you will update the "Martin's Air Charter Douglas C-47B PH-MAA" as well please
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Not a lot more to do [but a bit] ...RAAF A65-98 [the one that ended up being the Gooney Bird]....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAAF1.jpg  

nice jafo however the RAAF had a flat silver dip finish not polished metal

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    QEA VH-EAP on the go. Simplest thing re the fonts...pull them off the photos directly...that way they can't be wrong....
    More to do...

Edit....
    done the alphas....looking closer like it....

Need to remove the text on the wings....didn't have any...and it looks like it needs to lose a bit more shine...
    Nice effort Jafo, thanks for the tip about fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    nice jafo however the RAAF had a flat silver dip finish not polished metal
    Yep.....hadn't got to the alphas yet....
    As with everything with Aussie C-47s....none were quite the same.....seems most RAAF planes had de-ice panels....looks like A65-98 didn't....and the 'pinstripes' were all different. I chose '98 because I've flown in it twice [as the Gooney Bird] ...

Edit....flattened the specs a bit too...
    Looks like it's about done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAAF2.jpg   RAAF-Final.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; August 3rd, 2016 at 06:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Yep.....hadn't got to the alphas yet....
    As with everything with Aussie C-47s....none were quite the same.....seems most RAAF planes had de-ice panels....looks like A65-98 didn't....and the 'pinstripes' were all different. I chose '98 because I've flown in it twice [as the Gooney Bird] ...

Edit....flattened the specs a bit too...
    Looks like it's about done.

Jafo a quick comment if I may, the blue on the roundels etc seems a little bright to my eye. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    It's funny because my next set of flights (once I got home from Hong Kong TaiTak) on my "to do" list was the Frontier Airlines routs over the Rockies from the early 50's...they were really pushing the performance of the DC-3 on these. Any way I could talk you into doing a paint of Frontier Airlines from that era...I have it for the MAAM version (which is what I planned to use) but would rather do it with this v3?

Again, thank you for giving me an airliner.
    Hey Trifly, I'm doing pretty much the same using this skin from Jankees:
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...rlines-n65276/
    It's for the v2 version but sits nicely on the new v3 Dak.

Just flew mine up to Phoenix from LA. I'll do a return to Safford next, and then start heading north - trying where possible to match FTX Global free airports with stops on the Frontier timetables like this one:
    http://www.timetableimages.com/ttima...l55/fl55-1.jpg
    Happy flights!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Jafo a quick comment if I may, the blue on the roundels etc seems a little bright to my eye. FWIW.
    Bendy, I'm not sure if Jafo is using the same roundels as I am but the bare metal roundels always appear a bit brighter. I take mine from an insignia sheet that covers insignias from many air forces around the world.

This is the one I use for Bare Metal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails australie_bare metal.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Sorry Jafo....but I must concur with BendyFlyer.

Members who have read this thread: 17