Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 49
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3941424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1235

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi Gunnar,

Looking great! Was wondering which graphic settings do you use in FSX (willing to share/post you "nvidia profile inspector"?)

Regards,

Marcel

PS
    The thumbnail of "Placid Lassie" is still "little_egypt"
    Thanks Marcel
    The screenshots are from P3D v.4.5. That's why I forgot to remove the old thumbnail. A new thumbnail can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8ize1qcnn...bnail.jpg?dl=0 The livery will work fine in FSX as well (It is basically made in FSX and copied to P3D when finished)

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Icon14

Gunnar ... what an absolute GEM of a repaint!!! Oozes quality and attention to detail .... a huge THANK YOU!!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Gunnar ... what an absolute GEM of a repaint!!! Oozes quality and attention to detail .... a huge THANK YOU!!
    Adam.
    Last two shots are from my repaint
    ID= Gunnar
    6E = Me

Cheers,

Marcel

Fantastic screenshots, Adam!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Last two shots are from my repaint
    ID= Gunnar
    6E = Me
    l
    Aha! Well spotted!!!! #1 was from some old/previous session, uploaded by mistake! I really am becoming more like my old father-in-law (R.I.P.) every day, who used to describe himself as "a daft old fart"! He flew C-47s in WWII - towing gliders - and loved them.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Is "Placid Lassie" repaint available anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    The link is in the previous page of this long (and amazing) thread - but to save the artist and yourself a little time, here it is:

... Placid Lassie" is ready for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/suom30plv8vc4cn/Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip?dl=0

You won't be disappointed!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Thanks for the help Adamski; and the paint, Gunnar.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    It is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1t3fha3hb...mSGVK3Aaa?dl=0
    The (FSX) thumbnail included is for "Little Egypt". There should be a correct thumbnail inside the C-47 Placid Lassie folder that will have to replace the one in the texture folder.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Spanish C-47

Well, we had a few C-47 or DC-3 in the Ejercito del Aire as well as in Iberia. Here is one of them, I do have the intention to paint more, but Real Life is holding me tight

I just uploaded them to the Add-Ons for your enjoyment (should you like them!)
    Tell me what you think!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-9-21_10-45-35-258.jpg   2019-7-28_19-15-15-26.jpg   2019-7-28_19-14-23-345.jpg   2019-6-19_18-4-14-459.jpg  
    Born to Fly

Icon22

It is very nice Ascua, thanks a lot!
    Never enough quality liveries for the Dak!

Icon5 Super DC-3 Repaint Request Please

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Can any talented livery repainter please be kind enough to paint on Super DC-3 (C-117) this livery as seen on this photo below? Thank you for any consideration any of you might have for this repaint request.

Regards,

Aharon

The TransNorthern scheme is basically the Super DC-3 Douglas demonstrator livery. Changes are the text names, relocated and changed registration, and addition of the Alaska State flag on the fin.

The mods are simple and would be a good learning session working from the existing Demonstrator paint that was done by John Detrick and is on FlightSim https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=174405

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    The TransNorthern scheme is basically the Super DC-3 Douglas demonstrator livery. Changes are the text names, relocated and changed registration, and addition of the Alaska State flag on the fin from the existing Demonstrator paint that was done by John Detrick and is on FlightSim https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=174405
    Is John Detrick regular member of SOH forums here? Maybe I can ask him to do that?

Regards,

Aharon

Icon14

The PH-PBA, once USAAF '42-100971' as she looked during Operation Market Garden. She was named 'The Squirrel'.
    This historical repaint is inspired by 75th commemoration of the Allied drops into Holland, September 1944.
    The chalk number '3' depicts her paradrop mission on Sept. 17th , 1944 into DZ-N south-west of Groesbeek.

Real one:

Credit to http://www.airbornetroopcarrier.com

Flightsim one:

Download: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=212246

This is how she looks in P3D:

Enjoy!

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    I dont know if you've seen this already, but it looks like your prayer's have been answer'd

FSX - FSX ProplinersFSX Derby Airways Douglas DC-3
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: derby3.zip
    Size: 44,853,181 Date: 09-06-2019 Downloads: 10

FSX Derby Airways Douglas DC-3. Textures for Manfred Jahn and team C-47 v3.12. Derby Airways textures by Gary Harper.
    Yes, thanks Ian...been 'off radar' for a few weeks so missed your post. The repainter Gary Harper kindly took this project on for me using supplied photos etc and did a very good job too. I did thank him when he released it, great paint job too!

Has anyone painted this livery as seen below please for FSX use?? If not, can anybody take up on this repaint please?

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Mount-Cook-Airlines/Douglas-C-47A-Skytrain-DC-3/2744243/L

OR

Look at the wings

Thanks,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Has anyone painted this livery as seen below please for FSX use?? If not, can anybody take up on this repaint please?
    Hi Aharon, buddy .. did you try posting on NZFF? I could have sworn I saw a post from you *somewhere* asking about "old" C-47/DC-3 liveries ...

I used to try to keep up with all the NZ liveries on my old version of NZFSIM, but it all got too time-consuming to keep updating. *However* ... I can check my old archives to see what I have. I think Doug (at NZFF) also has some of the old ones.

Was it for FSX or P3D you were after?

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Hi Aharon, buddy .. did you try posting on NZFF?
    Not about this Mount Cook liveries

I could have sworn I saw a post from you *somewhere* asking about "old" C-47/DC-3 liveries ....
    yes you are right I was asking you about all New Zealand based airlines' liveries and all New Zealand air forces' liveries in your famous website that has now vanished

I used to try to keep up with all the NZ liveries on my old version of NZFSIM, but it all got too time-consuming to keep updating. *
    That is not not not problem and it is understandable. Your old NZSIM website was amazing

*However* ... I can check my old archives to see what I have. I think Doug (at NZFF) also has some of the old ones.Was it for FSX or P3D you were after?
    I would gratefully appreciate that please and it is for FSX using Manfred Jahn DC-3/C-47 model base version 3.12 or whatever is latest version, please.

Thanks for any assistance you might offer

Regards,

Aharon

Where can I find this repaint as seen below please as I seem unable to find it on SOH, avsim, and flight sim libraries??

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Is John Detrick regular member of SOH forums here? Maybe I can ask him to do that?

Regards,

Aharon
    Yes I'm here. I lurk here in the shadows and don't post much. I'll see what I can do in the next few days.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    Yes I'm here. I lurk here in the shadows and don't post much. I'll see what I can do in the next few days.
    Thanks for your kindness regarding your special repaint for Super DC-3 known as C-117.

Meanwhile, can anybody please be kind enough to point me to correct direction where I can find the SAS livery mentioned in my previous post seen above showing screenshot of the SAS DC-3 with registration number SE-CFP painted by Skyhawk18?? I cannot find the repaint on SOH, Avsim, and Flightsim libraries.

Regards,

Aharon

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...glas-dc-3-sas/

Wonder if this could be it, Aharon?? Are you sure that Skyhawk18 was the painter or did he just post the screenshot?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

If people would bother to actually read the thread, they might find the link in post 1157 still works - watch which browser you use though !

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    If people would bother to actually read the thread, they might find the link in post 1157 still works - watch which browser you use though !
    +1 I was too lazy to go back that far. The link is still good! Go for it Aharon!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 18