Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 39
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29313233343536373839404142434445464749 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Could anyone of you talented painters do a 'shiny' metallic TWA Lindbergh Line repaint for the C-47 V3 pleeeease ?

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    I would really love to see more of the shiny aluminum paints.
    Can anyone please do Challenger and Monarch ? I can't find these anywhere for download.

Thank-you so much .

Happy New Year Everyone ! Just wondering if anyone would be willing to do any of these 3 shiny aluminum beauties ?

Getting V2 skins to work in V3

Hi, Guys,

I'm not very good at searching, but I tried. Can anyone tell me how to get C-47 V2 repaints to work in V3.12? I downloaded Aiky's Canadian North livery and installed it, but it doesn't show up in FSX's list. The file title says it's for V3.12, but in his readme he states it's for V2. The readme for the Manfred's aircraft states that there is a way to make V2 repaints work in V3.

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by murfman View Post
    Hi, Guys,

I'm not very good at searching, but I tried. Can anyone tell me how to get C-47 V2 repaints to work in V3.12? I downloaded Aiky's Canadian North livery and installed it, but it doesn't show up in FSX's list. The file title says it's for V3.12, but in his readme he states it's for V2. The readme for the Manfred's aircraft states that there is a way to make V2 repaints work in V3.

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Regards,

Tom
    Hi Tom,

The key is in what appears in the 'aircraft config' section.
    Copy and paste the 'texture.CDN_North' repaint folder in the 'Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta' aircraft folder as you would do for any C-47 FSX repaint (found in : C-FSX-Simobjects-Airplanes-C-47 folder).
    Open the 'aircraft CFG' file found in the same C-47 folder and copy and paste the following after the last repaint entry (don't forget to change the 'x' to the next number in your sequence of flightsim entries there) :

[fltsim.X]
    title=Douglas C-47 V3
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=CDN_North
    kb_checklists=c47_check
    kb_reference=c47_ref
    atc_id=Canadian North
    ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
    ui_type="C-47A Skytrain"
    ui_variation="Canadian North"
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby=
    description=

Now it should work.
    Happy Flights !

MZ

Quote Originally Posted by murfman View Post
    Hi, Guys,

The file title says it's for V3.12, but in his readme he states it's for V2.
    Tom
    I'm afraid you mis-read the readme. it says,

"Please note this repaint uses the C47_2 model. If you don't have it, it's available as a download at Sim Outhouse by Manfred Jahn.

[fltsim.XX]
    title=Douglas C-47 V3 Canadian North
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4
    model=C47_2
    panel=
    sound=

Manfred released different variations of the model for download, I happened to do this repaint with the "model=C47_2" which if I recall removes the antennas from the area below the captains side window. Mzee's aircraft.cfg entry will work, but you'll have those antennas I mentioned. This repaint was never done in V2.

A big thank you to the developers and painters of this wonderful aircraft!

Here's my WIP, OY-BPB, owned and flown by Danish Dakota Friends.

(P3D screenshot).
    Last edited by Penz; January 15th, 2017 at 10:02.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post

(P3D screenshot).
    Looks great! Would it be possible to do an in service RDAF Dakota as well?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

(P3D screenshot).
    Hi Penz.

What a pleassant surprise

And I absolutely second Jens Ole`s wish about a regular RDAF version. That would be very nice

Best regards Soeren

Thank you Jens Ole and Søren!

I'm almost done with OY-BPB, so I should be able to put a military one in the pipeline soon; looking through my RDAF "photo album" I can see 3-4 different paint jobs on the Dakotas, ranging from almost bare metal to camo ... just have to choose which one to make.

- JP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    If you need any inspiration Penz

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfblu...57640929346985

Soren
    Awesome Søren! Those photos will be of great help.

Any personal favorite among them?

Thank you very much for the old danish lady - great looking paint

All the Best

Dirk

All of them Penz

but I will leave it in your skilfull hands to decide

I quite like the camo ones from around the time when I was born (1960), the ones with the old Esk. 721 crest on the nose, I may go for one of those then.

By the way, OY-BPB is now available in the library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...2307&catid=184

Just uploaded two Danish Air Force service skins (as per request), should be available in the library soon. Enjoy!

K-683:

K-684:

Huge thanks to Gordon "********" Madison for the paint kit!

Just uploaded two Danish Air Force service skins (as per request), should be available in the library soon. Enjoy!

K-683:

K-684:

Huge thanks to Gordon "********" Madison for the paint kit!
    Wow.. Penz. They look absolute gorgeous. And just in time for my new pc rebuild.

Søren

Absolutely great - Danish paints are most rare in simworld. Yet it is well represented in scenery department.

K-684:

Thanks Penz!

I saw the K-688 arrive in this scheme at Soesterberg Air Base in the early eighties. Its now on display in the Dutch military Museum in an early Dutch livery.

Cheers,
    Huub

Love the Danish repaint's, im betting they were part of the fleet borrow'd for "A Bridge to Far" movie.

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Love the Danish repaint's, im betting they were part of the fleet borrow'd for "A Bridge to Far" movie.

cheers ian
    They were indeed!

In the Flickr album Jen mentioned you can find some images of them in "fake war paint" for the movie.

- JP

They were indeed!

In the Flickr album Jen mentioned you can find some images of them in "fake war paint" for the movie.

- JP
    Oops, my mistake, the three participating Danish aircraft were K-685, K-687, and K-688!

Just uploaded this one:

Love that SAS paint Penz
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Love that SAS paint Penz
    Yes, does look good...

oh, very nice!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hi guys. I am hoping someone can fill a request for me and hopefully it will be very simple to do and would make me really gratefull. I am in to playing Aur Hauler and I just love this C47, it is unreal. It right now my favorite plane to fly hands down.

Anyway, I love the colors red and white for my company liveries. No names on the plane since it doesn't feel right to see the wrong name on your plane. I can usually find some type of red or red and white plane for my company use.

Haven't been able to find one yet for this baby. I came close as I am using the Santa fe livery I found on Simviation, I am sure it's here too. I also found a red and white livery I love for Manfreds C117, it is down this page at simviation, called the privately owned livery.
    http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...ge=3&filename=

I would just love to have something like this for the C47. I would be happy if the maker of the sante fe model could just turn the silver white and remove the name on the side.

So I would love just any design of a red and cream white livery with no name at all if someone could do something like that. Any mix of red and white would be just great.

Thanks to all you great painters out there, what awesome work you do. I have been marvelling at these photos in this thread. I can't wait for the night lighting to be released for this bird.

Members who have read this thread: 18