Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 34
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24262728293031323334353637383940414244 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Again, apart from the engine textures there are no differences between V2 and V3, but since you seem very keen on a 'version 3' paint, just follow the links above again, click download and you will now find a version 3, with the right entry for the aircraft.cfg and the new engine textures.
    Thank you, sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gooneybird565 View Post
    @ Alky
    No problem, George. When it's available, will be glad to download.
    I've uploaded the fictional Canadian North livery, successfully I hope.
    I don't know how long it will take to show up. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Can anyone please be kind enough to paint this livery please??

Thank you for any consideration.

Regards,

Aharon

I'll have it if no-one else wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    I've uploaded the fictional Canadian North livery, successfully I hope.
    I don't know how long it will take to show up. Enjoy.
    George,
    Thank you, bird in the box! Just had to change ATC Id to callsign to have it loading properly into P3D.
    Now just looking for my next northbound flight as soon as I can join pilot's seat

Philippe
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

I forgot to mention in the readme that for the HAF C-47 the closest model is the C47V3_2.mdl. You will need to have Manfred's additional models found here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...riormodels.zip

Reference the Reeve Aleution DC3. Black or blue. That photograph looks black but there is an earlier picture of the same plane in dark blue. I know later liveries for Reeve Aleution were/are dark blue. Opinions please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    Reference the Reeve Aleution DC3. Black or blue. That photograph looks black but there is an earlier picture of the same plane in dark blue. I know later liveries for Reeve Aleution were/are dark blue. Opinions please.
    Thanks for agreeing to paint Reeve livery and it is always dark blue except on the front edge of the tail. The front edge of the tail has black rectangular.

Regards,

Aharon

Dark blue. Here's a pic of the same livery on a 188. It can look quite different depending on how the light hits it and how weathered the paint is. Thanks a lot for doing this one Ron, really looking forward to it!!

-Bob

....The front edge of the tail has black rectangular.
    So it does! Glad you pointed that out. And zooming right in on the nose shows it's a very dark blue. Well done chaps.

work in progress:

always fun if you can see your own home in the sim:

Everytime I feel the urge to look out of the window...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Last chance for a say on the blue! A smidgen lighter perhaps?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reeve1.jpg   reeve2.jpg  

The blue looks fine to me (but then I'm colorblind), but the shape of the V in REEVE doesn't look right to me...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Icon14

Great paint, Ron on your WIP project of Reeve plane!! Great paint great paint. I thought you agreed on the fact that the front edge of the tail has black rectangular. I see grey rectangular on front of tail.

Everything looks perfect for me but if you believe in very accurate historical interpretation, the registration number for C-47 Reeve is N19906 because N75142 is for DC-3 of Reeve. If you do not care, it is perfect and I do not mind that although I do not know if your policy is to strive for accurate historical interpretation or not and you do not mind Reeve registration number on C-47. I do not mind and I am very very happy with your WIP project on Reeve livery.
    Regards,

Aharon

The blue looks fine to me (but then I'm colorblind), but the shape of the V in REEVE doesn't look right to me...
    Mmm, I think you're right. No, I know you're right.

I thought you agreed on the fact that the front edge of the tail has black rectangular. I see grey rectangular on front of tail.
    You see grey because that is the de-icing boot but it IS black on the dorsal element of the tailfin.

Everything looks perfect for me but if you believe in very accurate historical interpretation, the registration number for C-47 Reeve is N19906 because N75142 is for DC-3 of Reeve. If you do not care, it is perfect and I do not mind that although I do not know if your policy is to strive for accurate historical interpretation or not and you do not mind Reeve registration number on C-47. I do not mind and I am very very happy with your WIP project on Reeve livery.
    Regards,

Aharon
    Historical accuracy is fine but I don't want to disappear up my own backside over it! I picked that registration because that was the one I had the most(and best) photos of.
    Besides, life is short.

Hi Ron,

Good repaint, think the dark blue is in line with the rest of the colours. Speaking of colours, the belly (and engines) is not metalic yet painted in light grey it seems.

Regards,

Marcel

From that shot my V doesn't look too far out. They must have changed it in later years. Light grey? You're right.

Icon25

Tom, no problem You are right And after all, it is your masterpiece therefore your work I am very happy with your WIP project on Reeve livery and do look forward to use it when it is ready at your own easy pace convenience.

Regards,

Aharon

Looks fantastic Ron, you really nailed the blue color! Better start getting my flight plans ready.

Good work Jankees! If you need photos, just ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 283.jpg  

I think I have all the pics I need, although...is that a black anti-glare panel?

Meanwhile, I was inspired by Ron:

and yes, it seems there were different ways of writing Reeve...

....and yes, it seems there were different ways of writing Reeve...
    But you were right, it did look wrong because the V was too skinny. Corrected. As was the grey below the belt. Just a tidy up and it's good to go. Thanks to all for your input.

Is there no end to these bloody things?! I thought T6s were a bottomless pit!

There's several of these bottomless pits I fear, I painted over 300 P-51's, and didn't even make a dent..
    Still, leaves us with a hobby for the length of time!
    I just uploaded three more, you'll find them on OZx.

happy flying, and if you like them, please post a screenshot?

Shalom Zsoltquack the amazing talented livery painter who painted SUPER SUPER SHINY MASTERPIECE livery of Sydney Herald newspaper,

Can you please be kind enough to apply PRECISE SAME super super shiny livery while changing airline name from Sydney Herald to Wien Alaska Airline and putting yellow strip into Wein Alaska airline as seen on those photos please?

Thanks for your consideration and I am enjoying your amazing super shiny Syndey Herald livery very much.

The Reeve Aleutian has been finished and uploaded to SOH. No screen shots I'm afraid, I got a little tired of hearing John Lennon singing 'Revolution' (Reeve-a-leu-tion) in my head.

Members who have read this thread: 18