Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 15
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Update Heads Up: C-47 V3 Drag-Em-Oot Texture

I did some fine tuning on the Drag-Em-Oot texture.

Changes Include:

Improved nose art
    Reduced contrast on lower surfaces on the stripes.
    Improved alignment of upper and lower surface colors around nose, wing roots and cowl flaps.

You might want to update your skin if you have already downloaded.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=21744

Thks GMAN - Very Nice Job

The fine C-47 V2 repaint of the present-day museum aircraft 'Canadian Armed Forces C-47 DOUGLAS C47A Dakota C-FROD 12927' by Mako8841 [texture.Canada.zip] was modified and updated for the C-47 V3 to represent CC-129 12933 as it appeared during the last decade of Canadian Forces service in the 1980s.

Will be uploaded soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12933-1.jpg   12933-2.jpg  

Thanks for your effort once again Gman. Frankly, I would not have thought it possible to improve upon Drag-Em-Oot. Already superb.

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Quick let's get out of here before the authorities realize that we don't have an N Number.

Found at: flightsim

douglas_c47_v3_private_livery_red.zip

Here's the theme song for your livery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opBe5z0qwRE

Obie

Gman - I'm having problems with "Drag-Em-Oot" being quite blurry. Nothing like your screen shots which are crystal clear. Any Ideas? I've downloaded your latest version and no better.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    Here's the theme song for your livery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opBe5z0qwRE

Obie
    Thanks for the song Obie. Fits perfectly. It also fits my new ride. I had to pay Ole Willy at Merc Air a good bit of "boot" but I swapped out the old DC-3 for this surplus C-47.

We're waiting on some government types to arrive who wanted us to transport some kind of equipment somewhere. Just hand my co-pilot the money along with the destination and we're good to go.

To all you'll who made this aircraft available to us, thank you. I'm having way too much fun with it.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails swap.jpg  

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ
    Ranger75:

Thanks for the CAF repaints. Will download soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger75 View Post
    The fine C-47 V2 repaint of the present-day museum aircraft 'Canadian Armed Forces C-47 DOUGLAS C47A Dakota C-FROD 12927' by Mako8841 [texture.Canada.zip] was modified and updated for the C-47 V3 to represent CC-129 12933 as it appeared during the last decade of Canadian Forces service in the 1980s.

Will be uploaded soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Try placing a "_" between Qantas and VH-EAR in the .cfg texture= entry.
    That fixed it...thanks. I just copied from the Readme file and now see that was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Brings back memories Matt! Thank you very much for doing this one! Do you know if Jankees is going to redo the PNGDF paint by any chance?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Try placing a "_" between Qantas and VH-EAR in the .cfg texture= entry.
    That's a mildly annoying trait caused by the site, it seems. The uploads have no underscore and match the aircraft.cfg entries, exactly as on my machine. The site apparently adds the underscore and screws with the functionality/simplicity.

Edit...have re-uploaded all 3 with amended instructions to match renamed files...

Finished this one.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Finally 'happy' with the silver paint on A65-98 so time to upload...

Edit....which it has been.

RAAF A65-98 [cn:16354-33102] [sn:44-76770] was built as a C47B-30-DK at Douglas Aircraft, Santa Monica California in April 1945 and was delivered to the RAAF under "Lend-lease" agreement [callsigns VHRFO and VMHJZ] as A65-98. She is now VH-OVM - 'Melbourne's Gooney Bird'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A65-98.jpg  

Brilliant paints , Joe that VARIG Sweet , Matt , RAAF equal , I'm off to a very slow start, little to much on my plate at the mo... the lot of them Jafo ..

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the MJ C-47 (in P3D) use the real-world environment for reflections - as opposed to the [fake] specular map texture? I suspect it'll be a flag in the .mdl file <!--??-->.

A2A do this superbly for the T-5 Texan. A glossy livery picks up the real runway markings, clouds etc. Looks superb! Would be great to have this enabled for the C-47.
    Last edited by Adamski_NZ; August 15th, 2016 at 00:04.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to make the MJ C-47 (in P3D) use the real-world environment for reflections - as opposed to the [fake] specualar map texture? I suspect it'll be a flag in the .mdl file <!--??-->.

A2A do this superbly for the T-5 Texan. A glossy livery picks up the real runway markings, clouds etc. Looks superb! Would be great to have this enabled for the C-47.
    nice idea,
    and thankīs for your nice paintīs.i like a lot........
    but wat about menory use and performance..........i think we all run p3d close to the limit of oomīs if we use orbx,rex,weather, multiplayer and other?
    if so ,then maybee a option to decide wat you want......
    with the texan i need lower settings,most i fly inside the vc,but when you fly online,and other use hd paintīs and it get in your view,then the frames dropīs
    so maybee enjoy as is now,i think it lookīs stunning.

cheers
    ralf

That's a great looking livery, Matt - I'll wait for it to appear on OzX!!!

As to the T-6 ... I didn't find it too bad on framerates - but my system is a slideshow anyway!!! I did wonder, though, what impact all that extra processing might have.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Matt, shouldn't that read A65-83?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the MJ C-47 (in P3D) use the real-world environment for reflections - as opposed to the [fake] specular map texture? I suspect it'll be a flag in the .mdl file <!--??-->.

It's easy enough to enable using MCX (I've done mine), but for best results the whole material settings / texture mixture would need tweaking to make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Matt, shouldn't that read A65-83?
    Ahh crap, yes I never noticed it even when I was doing the readme and upload

fixed its no longer a link trainer

Blog Entries
    I've also tweaked my model in MCX with positive results. You can anticipate the usual impact on FPS, so your settings will need to be monitored. My system handles it fine with sliders full right and making 45+FPS in the air.
    Be sure to look at the "allow bloom" tag as well as "use global environment map as reflection".

FYI When using my skins:
    I've optimized all of my metal textures for use with Dynamic Reflections in P3D.
    They are also fine with DR disabled, or in FSX.

Performance Notes:
    This skin is one of my 4096 x 4096 32 bit textures...aka "rock crusher" @85.3 megs per sheet. I run these skins to find where the breaking point is in P3D/FSX. If I run a typical flight, say KRNO to KLAS with full autogen saturation, ASN live weather @ sliders WFO , over one or two of my scenery packages, I may see a lag in performance when I come into KLAS if I have autogen max. My KLAS scenery is a hybrid of FS Dreamteam/Aerosoft Mega Cities Las Vegas with my own annotated buildings/vegegation...and it's huge. The system still crunches it pretty well, so I'll go out on a limb and say that the V3 C-47 can run Dynamic Reflections, even though it is pushing the threshold. I've pumped up autogen saturation in the Prepar3D.cfg (IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048), so I'm asking an awful lot from the CPU/GPU.

Prepar3D 3.3.5 | DR Enabled | Sliders Full Right | MSE Photoreal somewhere over Nevada

Last edited by gman5250; August 15th, 2016 at 07:22.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Do you know if Jankees is going to redo the PNGDF paint by any chance?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Just got back from my holidays.
    I may look at the PNGDF again, but as far as I can see the only difference would be the engine textures? Or am I missing something?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That's a great looking livery, Matt - I'll wait for it to appear on OzX!!!

As to the T-6 ... I didn't find it too bad on framerates - but my system is a slideshow anyway!!! I did wonder, though, what impact all that extra processing might have.

Adam.

yes,it t6 is not bad,i like a lot.........in freeflight i get everywere my set 31 fps............

but if you fly only online with a lot other,and they use hd textures,than you get a framerate drop,or problems with oom

so i think a nice feature,but need option to switch of.........

but if more stuff comes like this,i think i need a better card,still use the 680 at moment

cheers
    ralf

Members who have read this thread: 17