******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own***** - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own*****

Hoppin Hobbit

Led your welcome twice. They have disconnected the fuel lines from his left arm. It's really weak but he can hold the phone. 3/4 of the bones in his right leg are steel now. They did replace the knee joint with steel. They let him temporarily out of bed into a wheel chair. He stood on the repaired leg for 20 seconds until it was to much pain. He is pushing to recover faster than doctor plans. He said he was 1000 times better. His bike is totaled. There is a video of the crash. He was brought his lap top but couldn't connect. Hopefully his friend will get it worked out so he can post for himself in the next day or so. He says Hi to everyone and recovery is going well.

Great, still going strong!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Fantastic to see how Hobbit is improving, so thanks everyone for the updates.

To Hobbit - Stay strong brother!

Man, that hurts just thinking about it, long road ahead indeed! Glad Owen is progressing so well though, sounds like things could be much worse than they are.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad he's progressing well.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

just had a 15 minute skype chat with Owen, they made the mistake of giving him a laptop, he'll never rest now...

He says he's doing very well, his spinal injuries are improving at a miraculous rate. and all his other injuries (and its a long list) are coming along well. he's in good spirits and is looking forward to getting back on here to catch up on all that has gone on.

A tough hobbit indeed.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

He just made three postings to his Facebook page this evening.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; August 10th, 2016 at 19:02.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries

It vindicates my old feelings...

In my long career in anesthesia in the US Army... I always liked better to work
    on physical injuries... after complicated procedures...in a a few weeks the patients
    always made miraculous come backs... hated to work on surgery related to internal
    medicine problems... they never got better.. really...
    man made injuries for the most parts... the body could take a joke... but tumors, etc.
    are bad, bad, bad...

Great to hear this news on the old hobbit... tough old bird there... he'll be back on
    his feet soon enough!! Now.. motorcycles... better stay away from those killlers...lol

G.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Hobbit reporting in...
    Please forgive my limited abilites and responces..
    Many Thanks to all for the great kindness..
    I am badly hurt, but recoveing very well..
    Attempting to cause great mischief, And i am carrying on with a smile and merryment..
    Many Thanks to Andy, and Jeff. I am gatulfull for your visit Andy..
    And gratfull Jeff, for your phone calls..
    I am unable to read all the responces to the thead, as I am a ble I will do this..
    Typing causes grat pain,due to the spinal issues..
    But improve hourly, so all shall be well..
    God bless each of you here for the kindness and concern...
    I am doing well, and will be better, oh yea..

This really good news!!

Unbelievable, nice to see your post!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Owen, it's great to hear from you again! Just remember you're not ready to chase nurses yet.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Nice one Owen, glad to see you back here if not on your furry little feet just yet :0).
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Hurry back Owen! I need my chief tester again!

Hoping you have a speedy and trouble free recovery. Hang in there and keep fighting!

Great to see / read about your healt recovering, Hobbit!

Great news Hobbit

Glad to hear your`e on the mend i`m watching out for your progress cheers from Port Elizabeth South Africa

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, to all..
    They finally found a wheelchair Hobbit sized, and it seems the rehab folks have determied a leash, might be needed also, OOOPPPS!!
    I am causig just minor mischief, but more ahead..
    God bless everyone here my brothers at SOH..

Im glad everything getting better & better hobbit !! hobbit never lose the battle !!

Hey Hobbit,

Absolutely awesome to hear from you and that you are improving. I think you gave everyone here quite a scare. I'm sure you gave yourself one too! Keep on keeping on mate!

Cheers,

Scott

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Learning to use a wheelchair with one leg and somewhat usable arm a challenge I shall win Oh yea!!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thankful we didn't loose you. You will continue to be in my prayers,Owen.We both have had a scare but you are a real miracle. My stay only lasted a week and still on the mend but looks like you'll be on the mend for while. Hang in there.We all miss you and hope it will be soon when you get to go home. Take care buddy and great to hear from you. Best regards , Scott

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Learning to use a wheelchair
    Have you found the brakes? ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Hobbit in the Hole

Things have changed for Hobbit over the last few days. The illegal that hit him. Has been deported 3 times with 2 prior felonies. He's not talking. The company appears to be a fake. Owen's lawyer just quit with out giving a reason. So he's had to hire a second one. Something is wrong with that picture. So no funds there. The V.A. won't help. It's not military related. His insurance company only has him covered on full bike coverage. Not medical. Ohio doesn't have an ACCES program. So they were kicking Owen out of the hospital. Because his allotted time was up. Even in sever condition. They did his finial inspection and found 3 blood clots. So they didn't kick him out. Now he is back on tubes and bed restricted. Now it's all coming out of his pocket. He doesn't have two pennies to stack. He's applying for emergency SSD and SSI to cover costs. He can't type again so this is it for now. He's still toughing it out. He needs everyone's prayers again. Thanks guys

You have to be %^$#! kidding me! I can't really write what I want to or this thread will get locked down pronto for being too political and laced with four letter words.

I would suggest starting a Go Fund Me account or maybe making the media (and don't mean CNN or MSNBC) aware of his case in hopes that it will get air time and enough people will donate for his expenses (just thinking out loud).

Members who have read this thread: 9