******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own***** - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: ******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own*****

Only just saw this, I hope he gets through it, sounds horrible!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Another update from his Facebook Friends this afternoon.

He had surgery on his broken left leg. He has a broken right arm, fractured face, lacerations. Internal bleeding, neck brace. Apparently a truck turned left in front of him on Linden and Xenia avenues. He had no time to react. Thrown through the air and landed on his bike, face first. Many, many surgeries ahead. He is coherent, and his sister and brother in law are there.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Get better and hang in there Owen.

A lot of people here hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Anthin.

Wishing him all the best in his recovery.

Get well soon Hobbit

Will you guys give our very best from all CFS3 types in South Africa when you see him, will be watching out for good news.

A few more details from his Facebook page.

He has several injuries and had surgery Sunday afternoon for a shattered knee. He has a broken arm, internal bleeding, needs reconstructive surgery on his face, a spinal injury, a hand in need of surgery and many cuts including a split forehead. Because he landed on his face and crushed his sinuses, he's on a ventilator to keep him breathing comfortable.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sending my intense wellwishes for a speedy recovery!!! Hang in there Hobbit!!!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    This is indeed terrible news. He will be in my thoughts.

With my thinking cap on "Hobbit" is that short for "House Hobbit?"

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

That's him Pat, he's a regular in the CFS3 forum, a major contributor of CFS3 missions and a great character. We're rather worried about him.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

All positive thoughts headed his way from here in Delaware.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the situation.

Wow! Will be praying for sure. I'm relieved it seems he's improving, but sounds like a very long road ahead. Thanks Andy and stump for keeping us informed!

P.S. Owen, didn't anyone tell you you can't ride a motorcycle upside down?

May God Bless you and wish you speedy recovery. Ameen!

SOH-CM-2020
    Wow what dreadful news, I wish Hobbit a speedy recovery. Having just restored a motorcycle, it is a sobering reminder for me to use good safety gear....

I will pray for his recovery.

He is one of our best.

airfighter55

From last evening on FB:

Owen Perkins update. First and foremost those that know him realize he goes by the name Hobbit. So as you can see this is how he's addressed by the staff at Miami Valley. (Although it's spelled wrong on that board). The Dr. came in and said "Hey Hobbit, this is your night nurse!" So with that being said, he's a big hot mess. Had surgery on his leg it's set with rods and pins. His broken arm is wrapped and surgery is soon for that. His left eye is swollen and pretty much hidden in the puffiness. Loads of stitches ...forehead and nose. He said many reconstructive surgeries necessary there. He's in a neck brace and there is concern about his spine which is badly bruised. He was coherent but undoubtedly in a great deal of pain. I knew he was drugged up when he said he loved me and I was like a sister to him. His blood pressure is very low but he's on medication to raise it. I asked if he was up for visitors and he said, "Oh yea, as long as they bring 3 blondes and lots of singles!" I'm going to attempt to see him at least once a week. This road will be long and difficult. He's aware of it, and determined. That's a start!

Kim Travis Darner
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update Andy. I like that he's going by 'Hobbit' even through adversity! Be sure to give him our best regards and wishes when you visit please.

Thanks,

Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper1 View Post
    i was due to drive to dayton ohio tommorw for a day spent with hobbit,, god i hope this is not true but just saw on facebook one of his freinds posted he was in a head on motocycle accident about 2 hours ago and is in critical condtion,,, we were due to be on skype earlier and he didnt show which is very unlike him,,,,, that is al lthe info i have and it is 2nd hand please prayers for our great freind,,,, and i hope like heTT this didnt really happen
    God I do hope and pray he's OK, My prayers are with him.

Blog Entries
    Man...I'm glad that Hobbit has made it through the roughest part. The first hours are the worst.

Please forward my thoughts and encouragement for his long recovery process. It's not easy, but it can be done...one step at a time.

I've followed the thread since it first posted and have held my breath to this point. We are all breathing a small sigh of relief now and will send every bit of energy towards our friend from here on.
    Courage and strength create their own healing. Hobbit has a ton of both.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

oh no....

I wish him all the best and a prompt recovery, finger crossed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Owen... WTF?!... Holding my breath, waiting for your next post...
    Andy, thanx for tracking this and please forward my love and healing energies...

im going to ask my neighbor to say a prayer for him (the Priest),and i will say one as well.i wish for a full recovery for Hobbit.

May he get better. God be with him and his Family.

I got in to see him this evening. They moved Owen out of intensive care this morning. He has a long way to go and four more surgeries over the next year, but his progress has been amazing so far. The nurse told me that he's getting lots of visitors now. Room 4413 Miami Valley Hospital.

They've arrested the hit and run driver, an experienced lawyer has taken Hobbit's case, and there is a video showing the whole thing, so they have a strong case.

The Area Code is 937. Someone would need to answer for him, as he's immobile, and on morphine, and oxycontin pain killers.

They initially thought he would be in the Hospital at least a month, but he seems to be ahead of that schedule so far.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks Major!

Good early news keep us in the loop,thanks again,greetings from South Africa!

Members who have read this thread: 7