FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 9,390.00 USD (94%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76

Thread: FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0

  1. #1

    FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0

    The Mallard Turboprop by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak.

    Pkg incl custom model, panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 4 liveries. It is in the Warbirds Library for download HERE.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD


  2. #2
    Glad you stuck this one too Tom. Picked it up last night and what a beautiful job that group did in putting another masterpiece together for all of us to enjoy!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    X-Plane 11.26 and FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  3. #3
    It's a superb model!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Cool Thanks. Any particular reason why it's FSX only? Does it work in P3D for the most part?
    FAA FCM ATCT
    PPL ASEL

    |Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz | eVGA GTX980 | 4x4 GB DDR3 RAM | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

  5. #5
    It works perfectly in P3D v3.3. Also made for FS2004. Separate downloads in the Warbirds Library. Just took a flight out of Kodiac USCG base. This is a fantastic model. First time I have seen a turboprop that didn't try to run away with the throttle set to zero. Great controls, terrific sounds and first class model. Great work Mallard team.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD


  6. #6
    Heard about the release, but was unable to load the site due to the overwhelming response to the release of this bird, and the C-47..

    Will download as soon as I get home. Gonna be a nice weekend to do some flying.....
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

  7. #7
    Beautiful & fast...
    Time for visiting "Scorpios" and other Ionian islands...
    My Military Flight Videos :

  8. #8

    Fantastic stuff!:





    Intel i7-7770K Kaby Lake @4.2Ghz, Cooler Master 212 Evo, 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM, Asus ROG Strix Z270H motherboard, Asus RTX 2070 Turbo 8Gb, Cooler Master 700 Watt PSU, Windows 10 64-bit.

  9. #9
    DOUBLE CHRISTMAS PRESENT IN JULY...BEAUTIFUL INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR! Great handling and a wonderful flyer for FSX on a old system!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

  10. #10
    Just loving this aircraft - congrats to all involved.

  11. #11
    Has anyone got it to work in P3D v2.5? I always get a CTD when I try to load it.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.4
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

  12. #12
    SOH-CM-2020 wellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    2WA1 - Sequim, WA, USA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    427
    Put these up this afternoon for the spectacular new Mallard Turbo from Milton and team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VP-CLK_2.jpg   VP-CLK_1.jpg   C-FUOT-95_2.jpg   C-FUOT-95_1.jpg  

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Has anyone got it to work in P3D v2.5? I always get a CTD when I try to load it.
    Frog, and any others in P3Dv2.x where the aircraft does not load and/or causes a crash,

    For the others in P3Dv2.x that can load the aircraft, please disregard and comment that it indeed does load.

    If you are having this problem of the aircraft not loading will you try the attached test procedures? Please reply with your answers to the diagnostic test.
    We will try our best to get it working for you.

    Thank You,
    Roman

    P3Dv2.x_Turbo_Mallard_Diagnostics.zip
    Roman



  14. #14
    Oh my, Christmas in July! This is wonderful.

    - dvj
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

  15. #15
    Roman
    I did try the test and I still can't load the plane in P3D 2.5
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Frog, and any others in P3Dv2.x where the aircraft does not load and/or causes a crash,

    For the others in P3Dv2.x that can load the aircraft, please disregard and comment that it indeed does load.

    If you are having this problem of the aircraft not loading will you try the attached test procedures? Please reply with your answers to the diagnostic test.
    We will try our best to get it working for you.

    Thank You,
    Roman

    P3Dv2.x_Turbo_Mallard_Diagnostics.zip
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.4
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

  16. #16
    Thanks everyone for the comments.

    @thefrog: give us a little time to look for a way to identify the problem and solve this with you. Obviously we will need your help with that.

    I do know that WND said he ran it in v2.4 so this may be particular to v2.5.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks everyone for the comments.

    @thefrog: give us a little time to look for a way to identify the problem and solve this with you. Obviously we will need your help with that.

    I do know that WND said he ran it in v2.4 so this may be particular to v2.5.
    It is curious Milton as 2.5 was probably the best of that version series that I had and everything ran great on it. I actually expected to have problems with it in V3.3, but it's actually been awesome with only a few components that aren't clickable. Just a superb job.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    X-Plane 11.26 and FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  18. #18
    Frog, after you ran the installer. . .
    Did you place the MallardTPX folder as-is into the "Airplanes" folder?
    Did you modify anything in the panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg folders?
    Did you move anything out of the MallardTPX folder to another location?

    Just trying to think of anything that would cause the CTD. . .usually (but not always) it's an errant gauge or soundfile causing it, but others running V2.5 aren't having the problem. Was there anything different about your 2.5 installation?

    Sorry for all the questions but just trying to figure out why it's crashing on ya!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    X-Plane 11.26 and FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  19. #19
    Great great great!!!

  20. #20
    Yes I put the MallardTPX folder in the correct place and didn't modify any of the cfg files. There was an effects folder so I put those files in Effects.
    Any further ideas would be welcome
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Frog, after you ran the installer. . .
    Did you place the MallardTPX folder as-is into the "Airplanes" folder?
    Did you modify anything in the panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg folders?
    Did you move anything out of the MallardTPX folder to another location?

    Just trying to think of anything that would cause the CTD. . .usually (but not always) it's an errant gauge or soundfile causing it, but others running V2.5 aren't having the problem. Was there anything different about your 2.5 installation?

    Sorry for all the questions but just trying to figure out why it's crashing on ya!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.4
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Yes I put the MallardTPX folder in the correct place and didn't modify any of the cfg files. There was an effects folder so I put those files in Effects.
    Any further ideas would be welcome
    Thanks!
    @thefrog,

    EDIT: Removed post and attachment.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; July 24th, 2016 at 12:51.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Has anyone got it to work in P3D v2.5? I always get a CTD when I try to load it.
    I have the same problem
    Greg :USA-flag:

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Paul View Post
    I have the same problem
    Try the fix I just posted above please.


    Question, does P3D 2.5 support DXT3 textures?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Try the fix I just posted above please.


    Question, does P3D 2.5 support DXT3 textures?
    Just tried it with no luck. Not sure about DXT3 but it does use DXT5 textures (see photo)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dxt5.jpg  
    Greg :USA-flag:

  25. #25
    @Gregory Paul @thefrog: Well, there are a few DXT3 textures in teh folders. Let me package up replacements for them and we shall try again.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; July 24th, 2016 at 16:24.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

    My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 0

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •