Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 29
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1921222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Why?....
    WOW!

Work in progress, not all new features are shown

Thanks to the development team for keeping us in the loop. Just when one thinks much is happening this update shows up. Definitely something to look forward to.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    WOW!
    OK, OK, I'll file it under "nice try" :-)
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin45 View Post
    Work in progress, not all new features are shown

I noticed in the credits "AN/ARN-6 radio". I actually worked on those, had those strange looking glass things called "vacuum tubes"! Not a transistor or integrated circuit to be found anywhere inside the "black box"! This was in the 1970's by the way! For those who don't know, it's an ADF. Ahhh, the good old days...

The Old Master Sergeant

Very Cool!! Can't wait to fly at night!!

What a great aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Fantastic!! And I won't use the "w" - word :-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    "when" you say the "w" word,whutcha mean?

I suspect he means "when?"

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    that looks really cool!
    I have a question, at the moment, the engine textures are mirrored, and I can imagine changing that will be a bit of a hassle, and at least we have inside and outside textures, but the cowl flaps are mirrored twice, so the same for the inside and the outside. I ran into problems with my recent Brazilian paint. Would it be possible to make a separate texture for both sides of the cowl flaps, so inside and outside, like the engines? Of course, even better would be to make separate textures for both engines, although I'm not sure there is enough space on the present textures...
    Hi Jankees,

At this point our focus is still very much on the interior model. We'll just have to see to what extent the project can grow -- externally as well as internally. The mapping issues are obvious in more than one area.

--Manfred

Slight change showing night lighting at 1:05

Fullscreen 1080 available on YouTube. Pause to inspect details.
    Note our new "cutie" gauge at 1:07. She's beside flap indicator on the left side of the panel.
    Use our default images or insert your own cutie, checklist or any image to fly with you wherever you go. Just one of the many features in the next release.

Last edited by tailspin45; February 9th, 2017 at 11:46.

A great job TS. How're you going to follow that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    A great job TS. How're you going to follow that?
    I'm just the messenger. Those guys do the magic, and I'm happy to give them a stage.

But this short video doesn't really do the beautiful bird justice. Flying it is much more fun.

A friend recently sent me his 1948 TWA pilot manual. I used it last weekend to test performance and the numbers were spot on.

And it sounds just right. You don't even have to look to know it's a Gooney Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin45 View Post
    You don't even have to look to know it's a Gooney Bird.

There's only one "Gooney Bird" ....

I've done several 'tweaks' since....probably need to re-up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gooney.jpg  

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Anachronistic VHF Antenna?

Is the antenna just forward of the astrodome on Manfred's C-47 v3 an anachronism for WWII C-47s and early DC-3s? It looks like a VHF band antenna more suited to a post fifties radio installation. Was this type antenna in use before the Korean War? I don't see this antenna on photos of wartime C-47s nor on prewar DC-3s. It is of course, almost always on currently flying C-47 to support VHF communication and VHF Ominrange navigation.

Is there a way to paint out this antenna, or can another exterior model be provided without this antenna? Perhaps rework the exterior C47v3_1 wartime model?

Maybe one could make it invisible with a transparent alpha channel?
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    A little modification.

Now to add TacPack...
    Has this AC-47 ever been released to public use?

HAJO

C-47 PBR models

A recent model/texture had detailed rivits that TUFUN released used a model dak01 with texture.dgint. This resulted in the C47 with the "rebecca" antennas displayed on the nose area.

I would of liked to see the rivet detail on a non antenna model as well. The conventional model.C47_2 has no external antenna showing and would also look nice with the rivit detail.

Just a suggestion.

Without antennas

With antennas

For one, these antennas were radar beacons used for coordinating parachute drops

read all about it:

https://radionerds.com/images/b/b2/RAD-BEAC_HTM.txt

Last edited by gray eagle; June 22nd, 2020 at 06:57.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    A recent model/texture had detailed rivits that TUFUN released used a model dak01 with texture.dgint. This resulted in the C47 with the "rebecca" antennas displayed on the nose area.

I would of liked to see the rivet detail on a non antenna model as well. The conventional model.C47_2 has no external antenna showing and would also look nice with the rivit detail.

Just a suggestion.

Without antennas

With antennas

For one, these antennas were radar beacons used for coordinating parachute drops

read all about it:

https://radionerds.com/images/b/b2/RAD-BEAC_HTM.txt

Edit: Those are the external Yagi antennas, for Rebecca transponder. Mainly used for wartime purposes.

Edit: Those are the external Yagi antennas, for Rebecca transponder. Mainly used for wartime purposes.
    Did you try using the same texture with the non-antenna model?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Did you try using the same texture with the non-antenna model?
    I did and it didn't show in the preview screen, Case in point, In using one of Gordon "G" man's repaints

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rt_Lyautey-zip

It has Rivet and bump detail by Ted (Tufun) Wolfgang. There are two textures in that zip. One of them texture.dgint is referenced in the texture.cfg folder in the other texture.

I wanted to use the dgint texture as it has all that rivet detail in another C-47 paint but it doesn't show in the preview screen.

[fltsim.5]
    title=Douglas R4D-6 USN Port Lyautey PBR
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model=dak01 <<<< this is a Rebecca equipped model/If I changed this to the model= C47V3_2 it will not preview in my sim.
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=USN_Port_Lyautey

[fltsim.4]
    title=Douglas C-47 PBR NATS
    Sim = Douglas_DC3_V1.5
    Model =C47V3_2 <<<< This is a non rebecca model.
    sound=
    texture=NATS
    kb_checklists=Douglas_DC3_check
    kb_reference=Douglas_DC3_ref
    atc_id=50819
    atc_id_color=0xffffffff
    ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
    ui_type="C-47"
    ui_variation=NATS
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby=Manfred Jahn
    description=NATS
    kb_checklists=C47_check
    kb_reference=C47_ref
    ui_type="C-47"
    ui_variation=17151
    atc_id=50792
    atc_airline=Airforce
    atc_flight_number=50792
    atc_heavy=0
    description="P3D 4.4+ Douglas R4D-6 USN Port Lyautey with HD PBR textures.

Looking to benefit use of the rivet texture without the yagi antennas (Rebecca)

I tried to PM Gman but who knows when/if he reads his PM's

I did and it didn't show in the preview screen, Case in point, In using one of Gordon "G" man's repaints

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rt_Lyautey-zip

It has Rivet and bump detail by Ted (Tufun) Wolfgang. There are two textures in that zip. One of them texture.dgint is referenced in the texture.cfg folder in the other texture.

I wanted to use the dgint texture as it has all that rivet detail in another C-47 paint but it doesn't show in the preview screen.

[fltsim.5]
    title=Douglas R4D-6 USN Port Lyautey PBR
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model=dak01 <<<< this is a Rebecca equipped model/If I changed this to the model= C47V3_2 it will not preview in my sim.
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=USN_Port_Lyautey

[fltsim.4]
    title=Douglas C-47 PBR NATS
    Sim = Douglas_DC3_V1.5
    Model =C47V3_2 <<<< This is a non rebecca model.
    sound=
    texture=NATS
    kb_checklists=Douglas_DC3_check
    kb_reference=Douglas_DC3_ref
    atc_id=50819
    atc_id_color=0xffffffff
    ui_type="C-47"
    ui_variation=NATS
    ui_createdby=Manfred Jahn
    description=NATS
    kb_checklists=C47_check
    kb_reference=C47_ref
    ui_type="C-47"
    ui_variation=17151
    atc_id=50792
    atc_airline=Airforce
    atc_flight_number=50792
    atc_heavy=0
    description="P3D 4.4+ Douglas R4D-6 USN Port Lyautey with HD PBR textures.

Looking to benefit use of the rivet texture without the yagi antennas (Rebecca)

I tried to PM Gman but who knows when/if he reads his PM's
    Assuming you're using the same texture folder and just changing out the models, then I would say that there is a difference in texture parameters between the two models. Have you ever used ModelconvertX?

You could start two instances and compare texture options. My bet is that there is a bump map missing from the C47V3_2 model? So even though the bump map file is there, the model doesn't know it should read it.

There is a capability to write out a "template" of a texture option set from MCX, but you're probably better off going through it field by field if you're not familiar with it.

If I get a chance I could take a look at it, but I'm no expert and I can't say when I can get to it (I need to go cook dinner and look for my wallet, it's been missing for a few days... sigh)

Using older textures will not get you the detailed rivets as the paint needs to be updated by the original author using TuFun's paint kit.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Using older textures will not get you the detailed rivets as the paint needs to be updated by the original author using TuFun's paint kit.

Joe
    This is what I suspect however, it doesn't explain why I could not preview the texture when I changed the model as I mentioned ^.

Members who have read this thread: 9