Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 20
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Thanks, Dave. I actually have that scenery, but not installed.

To All: just a suggestion. Most of the talk in this thread is now about liveries. Wouldn't it be better to put that talk in the dedicated livery thread and leave this thread for feedback or questions about the new model? Would help me keep track easier as I try to follow the thread and pass info back to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Thanks, Dave. I actually have that scenery, but not installed.

To All: just a suggestion. Most of the talk in this thread is now about liveries. Wouldn't it be better to put that talk in the dedicated livery thread and leave this thread for feedback or questions about the new model? Would help me keep track easier as I try to follow the thread and pass info back to the team.
    Agree...Keep having to look at this and the Livery thread.

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Agree...Keep having to look at this and the Livery thread.
    +2 Its getting a little annoying....

No More liveries

Ok,

No more liveries here, gotcha!

It's only means that this plane is very popular haha !
    Regards.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Please consider - the dev team spend years building this wonderful, free aircraft for us. The painters spend hours, sometimes days making skins that they release for free, and yet we the end users are complaining because we might have to spend a couple of extra minutes checking TWO threads !?!

As J.McEnroe once said: "You cannot be serious, man!"

Hello
    green upholstered want
    or like
    It is easy
    introduces these files in aircraft folder like
    also with propeller

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It's only means that this plane is very popular haha !
    Regards.
    Stunning model + stunning wheathered paints = perfect addon !
    Thank you YoYo
    The more you do, the less you dream

Chistmas in august ?

Hi Jan !

Fantastic VVC and plane. This is an oil smelling masterpiece (if I can say so ! ).

The ambiance, checklist and engine sound are great.

Thank you to you and you team.

JM

edit : Christmas of course !

First of all I would like to thank everyone who was involved in producing this excellent C47, everything about it is fantastic and have to admit that all other aircraft that I have are still confined to the hanger and will be for some time as I enjoy flying this aircraft too much.

Just have two questions regarding the C47, firstly the Artificial Horizon. when stood on the tarmac or flying straight and level it is slightly out of alignment , in the manual a picture with an arrow points to the Pitch Adjust Knob but when I tried it, it does not appear to work by
    re-aligning the Artificial Horizon and wonder whether this may be rectified in due course or am I doing something wrong? i.e. when the mouse curser is placed on it it turns into a hand and pressing the mouse grabs hold of it but nothing happpens.

Secondly when I started engine 2 first there was no shaking effect of the cockpit after start up only after starting eng 1 does the affect come into play.

Apart from the above minor points, this a/c as stated earlier is brilliant and once again, many thanks to all of the developers as well as those who have spent time to make up the wonderful repaints for it.

Late Edit: Just read a post from Speedy 70 who had the same problem, as I am at the library (no internet at home) will have to wait until I get home. If that works then many thanks to griphos for his advice.

Regards
    Nigel.
    Last edited by nigelhj; August 5th, 2016 at 04:42. Reason: Grammer corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Please consider - the dev team spend years building this wonderful, free aircraft for us. The painters spend hours, sometimes days making skins that they release for free, and yet we the end users are complaining because we might have to spend a couple of extra minutes checking TWO threads !?!

As J.McEnroe once said: "You cannot be serious, man!"
    I don't think anyone is "complaining", and certainly not minimizing any of the tremendous work done by the development team and all those that are doing the repaints. Sometimes it's just helpful for all involved to point out a simple change that makes it more user friendly for all.

Apologize if it sounded like a complaint...not intended.

Nigelhj.

You put the mouse over the small button under the AH and use the mousewheel to adjust it.

Cheers Chris

Now, if one of those great creators of all things 'VC' could do a 'blue' version like this one....we'd have all the bases covered [maybe].

This is VH-OVM [Melbourne's Gooney Bird] which was originally RAAF A65-98 ...photo taken 2 years ago...

Sheepskin seat covers might pose a bit of a challenge....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02642.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Now, if one of those great creators of all things 'VC' could do a 'blue' version like this one....we'd have all the bases covered [maybe].

This is VH-OVM [Melbourne's Gooney Bird] which was originally RAAF A65-98 ...photo taken 2 years ago...

Sheepskin seat covers might pose a bit of a challenge....
    I would say it looks more like a "light sea grey" to me Jafo.

Hi Chris, tried it out yesterday but unfortunately although it alters the centre of the Artificial Horizon (the wings rasing them up or down as the case may be) the upper part that shows amount of degrees in turns does not centre.

Have 2 screen shots which might explain what I mean more clearly.

From the first picture I am in true level flight but the Artificial Horizon is actually showing the aircraft is banked slightly, the vertical bar at the top of the Artificial Horizon is to the left of the centre point which should show zero degree bank, when in flight if I centre the vertical bar which should indicate level flight or rather no bank the aircraft turns away from the present heading.

The second picture is one taken from the default DC3 and as you will see the vertical bar is centred. Would there be any chance if and when an update is made that a correction is made to the Artificial Horizon?

I am not on the internet at home and have to use the public library so may not be able to reply to any posts until Monday or Wednesday.

Many thanks in advance

Regards
    Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    I would say it looks more like a "light sea grey" to me Jafo.
    You say 'tomato'...I say 'tomato' ....either way, one that colour would be good...

next
    I paint
    gray panel
    no seat (very hard model)
    paint panel if possible
    Viser model for change is properti
    --------------------------------
    paint panel if possible
    for you
    Last edited by J.M.CASTILLA; August 6th, 2016 at 10:28.

On the artificial horizon issue, it is a 3-D gauge, and a gauge with some depth to it, unlike some other gauges with needles and a dial. There are a set of moving parts and cards in this instrument. So, the perspective from which you look at this gauge matters. From your pic, it looks like you are looking at the top gauge from the left (and the bottom gauge on the default DC-3 more head on). This will make it look like the needle is to the left when it is not. If you use TrackIR, try moving your head to see how the picture changes.

Also, remember this is a basic gauge from before WWII. It was not a precision instrument. :-) It was designed as an aid for straight and level flight in IMC when needed. You would never use this instrument alone to maintain straight and level flight, nor would you use it primarily; but always in conjunction with other instruments, such as compass and heading indicator and altimeter, etc. I don't believe, in real life, that trying to keep the wings level on this instrument, and the vertical indicator centered, would result in straight and level flight for any length of time at all! And I would definitely recommend against flying with your head cranked over so close to this instrument to check that the indicators are indeed exactly centered!! :-)

From the picture you posted, you can tell it has been incredibly well modeled and looks like similar gauges I have used in flying through the years, including the crudeness of the lines and representation of wings. I know nothing of the magic under the hood of this gauge, but I will pass the concerns on to the team for their investigation. However, I am pleased with both its look and function myself. Jan has already indicated on the beta forum that he will address how dark the adjuster knob is. I will edit the manual to clarify how to operate the adjustment knob with mouse wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    You say 'tomato'...I say 'tomato' ....either way, one that colour would be good...
    Well how about this then....?

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=191454 (you need to log in first).

I hope this helps you?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    On the artificial horizon issue, it is a 3-D gauge, and a gauge with some depth to it, unlike some other gauges with needles and a dial. There are a set of moving parts and cards in this instrument. So, the perspective from which you look at this gauge matters. From your pic, it looks like you are looking at the top gauge from the left (and the bottom gauge on the default DC-3 more head on). This will make it look like the needle is to the left when it is not. If you use TrackIR, try moving your head to see how the picture changes.

Also, remember this is a basic gauge from before WWII. It was not a precision instrument. :-) It was designed as an aid for straight and level flight in IMC when needed. You would never use this instrument alone to maintain straight and level flight, nor would you use it primarily; but always in conjunction with other instruments, such as compass and heading indicator and altimeter, etc. I don't believe, in real life, that trying to keep the wings level on this instrument, and the vertical indicator centered, would result in straight and level flight for any length of time at all! And I would definitely recommend against flying with your head cranked over so close to this instrument to check that the indicators are indeed exactly centered!! :-)

From the picture you posted, you can tell it has been incredibly well modeled and looks like similar gauges I have used in flying through the years, including the crudeness of the lines and representation of wings. I know nothing of the magic under the hood of this gauge, but I will pass the concerns on to the team for their investigation. However, I am pleased with both its look and function myself. Jan has already indicated on the beta forum that he will address how dark the adjuster knob is. I will edit the manual to clarify how to operate the adjustment knob with mouse wheel.
    I agree. My real world flying started in a 1952 C-170B and what I remember is the AH never looked squared. And...if you look at the picture the horizon is level with the wings on the gauge. I didn't use, and still don't use, the pointer at the top for level...only use the that to judge my bank angle.

BTW...my adjustment knob worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelhj View Post
    Hi Chris, tried it out yesterday but unfortunately although it alters the centre of the Artificial Horizon (the wings rasing them up or down as the case may be) the upper part that shows amount of degrees in turns does not centre.
    Nigel, griphos is certainly right that this is not exactly a precision instrument but you are certainly right too. Because i was happy i finally got the animation going ( first go at 3D gauges for me) i kinda forgat about the markings which deffinately need to be lined up better. (as well as the representation of the wings along the lateral axis). Will be taken care of in the first update. The 'non-precision' aspect of the AH ( during animation trials my fav abbreviation became PITA... ;-) has been taken a bit too far here. Sorry.

cheers,
    jan

Just completed my 1st full flight (others had been pattern familiarization flights)...great model and I love the copilot and stewardess.

Noted the following:

1) Fuel Flow numbers in the panels was way off in cruise (30" and 2050). The Flight Manual (MAAM & AAF) show about 111 lbs/hr. each engine at my weight and altitude (23,000 lbs and 9,500') with Auto-Lean, but the panels were reporting about 240 lbs/hr. each engine. I checked the actual fuel used during the cruise and it came out to 109 lbs/hr. Don't know if this was an anomaly on just one flight...I'll check it on my next flight again.

2) Need the below added to checklists:

- Before Start:
    - Chocks - In (they don't stay in from previous flight)...or get them to stay in from previous flight.
    - NAV Lights - As Needed

- Before Taxi
    - Chocks - Out

- Need to add an "Engine Runup" checklist (acceptable mag drop is 25 RPM). Get the copilot to do the Mag Check.

- Before Takeoff
    - De-Ice -As Required
    - Carburetor Air - Cold

- Cruise
    - Cabin Signs - As Needed
    - Carburetor Air - As Needed

- Before Landing
    - Wing De-Ice - Off
    - Carburetor Air - As Needed

Thanks...looking forward to next revision...this is the best ever.

Yes, fuel flow and performance at various altitudes still need tweaking, particularly fuel flow. One of the team is doing exhaustive tests on this and producing quite an impressive amount of data, including charts and analysis. I believe there will be adjustment to better match book values in the future from the excellent flight model team member.

As for the checklist, those items were considered and left off on purpose to keep the checklist concise (and adapted for sim use).

I just wanted to write THANKS AGAIN to the team who created this beast. It's amazing! (that's my fav word hehe). Tonight I went VFR on the PilotEdge network (www.pilotedge.net) from San Luis to Santa Barbara near sunset. The sounds, the weather, the interactive checklists - and the texturing! SHEESH - just look at this cap with the sun illuminating those beautiful textures!

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 9