Aw p-51d

Thread: Aw p-51d

Aw p-51d

Hi all,
    I've been fooling around with Andrew Wai's P-51D and have it where I want it except for the pilot. He looks like the WW2 version of the "autopilot" from the movie Airplane. What would be your suggestions for a replacement? Thanks in advance for your help and/or suggestions.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-51D Bunnie A.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Hi Bub,

I've always liked the add-on pilots such as the ones used in Mario Giacomazzi's Hurricanes, even though they take up spots in the aircraft folder. They are used like a weapon and need to be added in the dp file in each payload.Add On Pilots.zip

US_Pilot
    Bri_Pilot
    Ja_Pilot
    ITA_Pilot
    Ger_Pilot

Kind regards,

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Blog Entries

If you have the pilot texture...

I am not familiar with this model... but it looks as though there is a textured head and shoulders...
    With some artistry... which I modestly I am endowed with... it can be "redone" to look right...
    I have changed that ubiquitous "Asiatic" pilot in many CFS 2 models to look like different nationalities and
    ethnicities... (check my postings in my on-going thread in FS 2004)....
    If there is a texture.. it can be redone just like any aircraft repaint...
    I can do it for you if you wish...
    G.

Yeah, IIRC, Mr. Wai used a photo of his daughter for the pilot's face texture.

TW

Sirs,
    Thank you for your suggestions and offer of help. It is greatly appreciated. I've chosen to use Morton's animated pilot. It appears to fit the bill nicely. A little more "tinkering" and it will be finished. Again, Thank you.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-51D Bunnie new pilot.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Excellent choice!

TW

Gaucho,
    If you want to make Morton's pilot into a Tuskegee Airman, that would be great. The only problem I see would be, if you are using his pilot with his new US Navy Bearcat, the bgl and texture names would have to changed respectively.
    Thanks,
    Bob

ps. And, making sure its OK with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Gaucho,
    If you want to make Morton's pilot into a Tuskegee Airman, that would be great. The only problem I see would be, if you are using his pilot with his new US Navy Bearcat, the bgl and texture names would have to changed respectively.
    Thanks,
    Bob

ps. And, making sure its OK with him.
    Bob,

I think I'm fine with it.

Carlos,

If you would like to make a skin for the one Morton and I made, please do. I can make a second version for the Tuskegee Pilots. I'll include any that you make. Also the Faces that you made before.

I'm working on a new SID model. Morton wants to do the same as we did with the MW_RAF pilots. Skins will be needed for those as well. I'm also planing on some gunner and other versions for different AC's. We need a few different sitting positions.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Blog Entries

No problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Bob,

I think I'm fine with it.

Carlos,

If you would like to make a skin for the one Morton and I made, please do. I can make a second version for the Tuskegee Pilots. I'll include any that you make. Also the Faces that you made before.

I'm working on a new SID model. Morton wants to do the same as we did with the MW_RAF pilots. Skins will be needed for those as well. I'm also planing on some gunner and other versions for different AC's. We need a few different sitting positions.
    To make sure I redo the right one... Let me have the textures and I'll redo them for you...
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    To make sure I redo the right one... Let me have the textures and I'll redo them for you...
    G.
    Sorry, I was working the last four nites. I'll get the pack together and send them to you.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Icon22 Reply...

Hey guys,

Bub - As always, I love your attention to detail.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks Rami,
    I try and give it a good shot. Great pictures from Oshkosh. I'm sure when Blood Hawk and Gaucho finish up the new pilots, they'll be a welcome addition.

BTW: If anyone wants the "Bunnie" texture, I'll upload it.

Thanks again,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-51D Bunnie E.jpg  

Blog Entries

Got you a Tuskeegee pilot...

Got a couple for you... One with goggles and one without...
    Let me know what you think...

G.

Damn!!!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Blog Entries

Damn??????????

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Damn!!!
    Don't quite get this message... Is it positive or negative... lol
    What do you mean by damn???

G.

Definitely negative man, in contrast to the general "good looks" of your renditions of other ethnicities. A.C. Wai's default is better looking by far.

Blog Entries

mmm....

Definitely negative man, in contrast to the general "good looks" of your renditions of other ethnicities. A.C. Wai's default is better looking by far.
    I'll have you know that the face is only a basically "cut and paste" with some retouching in terms of color balance, temperature, etc, OF A SCULPTURED
    BUST OF AN ACTUAL TUSKEEGEE pilot... done by a "real" artist... NOT ME!!!
    The facial features are not AT ALL of my choosing... thick lips, etc. are racial features that are extant... a lot of so called African extraction Americans
    are much more finely featured... mainly from some "cracker in the woodpile" influence... I did not invent thick lips ... or wide noses..
    Sincerely, I find it disturbing that people who for so long said "black is beautiful" can be upset by reality... I think that black is beautiful... IN ITS OWN WAY..
    white canons of beauty are equally disturbing to me... in my book... no such thing as blonde is beautiful... brown is not... blue eyes are beautiful...
    "nice" hair... etc. etc. I find it equally disturbing that a lot of black women wear "relaxed hair" wigs or "extensions"... kinky hair is what it is.. NOTHING
    WRONG with it!!! My hair is wavy... does that make me less "beautiful"? I think NOT...
    I say... if one wants a "white looking" black... one is wrong... black is black .. and beautiful in its own way!!!!

I was born and raised in South America... where we really are not that concerned with anyone's racial background... or trying to be what we are not...
    G.

Blog Entries

Here's another version for the Tuskeegee pilot

The faces are all taken from old T-airman pics...

G.

Gaucho,
    Here's a pic of "the" Tuskegee Airman from The Reading Pa. WW2 Weekend two years ago. Not only does this gentleman fly for an airline, he's an ex-Air Force pilot and flys the P-51. Put goggles on and an oxygen mask, and take it from there. BTW: based on your explanation, I can see why you went in that direction.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tuskegee Airman.jpg  

I'll have you know that the face is only a basically "cut and paste" with some retouching in terms of color balance, temperature, etc, OF A SCULPTURED
    BUST OF AN ACTUAL TUSKEEGEE pilot... done by a "real" artist... NOT ME!!!
    The facial features are not AT ALL of my choosing... thick lips, etc. are racial features that are extant... a lot of so called African extraction Americans
    are much more finely featured... mainly from some "cracker in the woodpile" influence... I did not invent thick lips ... or wide noses..
    Sincerely, I find it disturbing that people who for so long said "black is beautiful" can be upset by reality... I think that black is beautiful... IN ITS OWN WAY..
    white canons of beauty are equally disturbing to me... in my book... no such thing as blonde is beautiful... brown is not... blue eyes are beautiful...
    "nice" hair... etc. etc. I find it equally disturbing that a lot of black women wear "relaxed hair" wigs or "extensions"... kinky hair is what it is.. NOTHING
    WRONG with it!!! My hair is wavy... does that make me less "beautiful"? I think NOT...
    I say... if one wants a "white looking" black... one is wrong... black is black .. and beautiful in its own way!!!!

I was born and raised in South America... where we really are not that concerned with anyone's racial background... or trying to be what we are not...
    G.
    Thanks for the comprehensive racial exposition Carlos...i understand you much better now. As always, do what makes you happy...

Blog Entries

here are a couple more...

Thanks for the comprehensive racial exposition Carlos...i understand you much better now. As always, do what makes you happy...
    This, I think, completes a however limited variety to choose from...
    there must be one somebody might find suitable... lol

Allen: let me know you got the files I sent... and if you want these last Red Tail ones too..

G.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US pilot USAAC black 5.bmp   US pilot USAAC black 6.bmp   US pilot USAAC black 7.bmp  

This, I think, completes a however limited variety to choose from...
    there must be one somebody might find suitable... lol

Allen: let me know you got the files I sent... and if you want these last Red Tail ones too..

G.
    ????????????
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Blog Entries

A senior moment, I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    ????????????
    I thought it was you I emailed the stuff to... sorry...
    I got to check... it is somebody who is working on pilot figures with Morton...
    Sorry about that...

Kudos on all the good stuff you are producing for us simmers... anyway...

Cheers,
    G.

I thought it was you I emailed the stuff to... sorry...
    I got to check... it is somebody who is working on pilot figures with Morton...
    Sorry about that...

Kudos on all the good stuff you are producing for us simmers... anyway...

Cheers,
    G.
    Its me. Send them over.

Let me know which one everyone would like.

The last batch looks the best. Great work Gaucho.
    Bob

Members who have read this thread: 0