F-35 Lighting II version 3.11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F-35 Lighting II version 3.11

F-35 Lighting II version 3.11

Just a quick notice for the customers of my F-35 payware package - in the past days I have released a significant update to the package, but since I was travelling for business I made a little mess with the release version and links to the distributors.

Basically an update to version 3.10 was released, but had some bugs.
    I promptly released an update to version 3.11 - which I sent to distributors... however, it takes a little for some of them to update the links.

Anyway, the "GOOD" file is named F35_PACKAGE_for_P3Dv3_V311.zip
    If you have not received it already I suggest you not to upgrade.

Details of the changes are here:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.it/201...rsion-311.html

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image58.jpg  

One additional note - it is taking a while for some distributors to udpate their links to version 3.11 of the F-35 package. In the meantime, if you are using P3D and have upgraded to v3.10, you can download this version of MFD2.XML and replace the one in SimObjects/Airplanes/F-35A/Panel/F-35_MFD folder and it will fix the problem (note:it needs to be done only in the F-35A folder - all other versions are linked to it):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VJtKJlye7FY0JMWkw2dmRLRDg/view?usp=sharing

This will make your 3.10 version identical to the 3.11.

Is any FPS difference between default F-35 from P3D and this new of Dino?
    It's a only the one model with 20-30 fps in my P3Dv3. The rest 50-60.
    I very like it in FSX but here is a problem for me to fly smoothly.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@Yoyo

I am not sure.
    Just for the sake of clarity - the F-35 model included in P3Dv2.X is basically the same as the freeware version, but limited to the F-35A and than the models and the avionics have been stripped out of Tacpack functionalities.

If you are speaking the F-35 included in the P3Dv3 release, it is basically a WIP version of the payware version, again limited to the F-35 and stripped out of the Tacpack functionalities. Also, it is meant to showcase some possibilities of P3D - like ground radar simulation and sensor views (IR and EOTS - which are fixed to forward view only as in the payware version they are Tacpack driven).

The MFD is very complex and resource consuming - and this may be driving you low fps. The payware version has some minor optimizations, but I don't think those may generate some significant performance improvements.

...for the record, on my system (3770k+GTX970+Everything on SSD) the Payware F-35 over BlueSky Photoreal (California+Nevada+Arizona) + Tacpack runs at decent frame rates (anything bewteen 45-60 fps while loading the scenery) - but I don't have mnay other addons and autogen is at zero.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Dino,
    I bought an Oculus Rift VR gear and I would like to have a somewhat bigger zoom factor when flying your F-35. The normal zoom keys do not seem to work with the Rift. Can you tell me how I can adjust the zoom in, for example, the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg? I could not find entries to change the view. But I may have overlooked them.
    Thanks in advance,
    Stickshaker

@Stickshaker

I do not have a VR device (yet - I am looking into buying one) so I am not sure which settings apply and what would not work... so I cannot provide much support.
    It may well be there is not much you can do apart from moving the default waypoint.
    I'll have a look at the SDK...

Aside, sorry for the late reply.

For information - I have just release an UNOFFICIAL modification to the PAYWARE F-35 virtual cockpit that increases MFD brightness and adds specular mapping.
    This is done with MCX so thare are some drawbacks...I got rid of the hanging ordnance due to a visibility condition issue, and the mouse click areas are now INOP (but MFD works).
    So it should be usable - and looks better. Anyway install it at your own risk.

The file can be downloaded from my blog here:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.it/201...ification.html

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COCKPIT_MOD.jpg  

Nice work Dino! Thanks a lot!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Stickshaker

I do not have a VR device (yet - I am looking into buying one) so I am not sure which settings apply and what would not work... so I cannot provide much support.
    It may well be there is not much you can do apart from moving the default waypoint.
    I'll have a look at the SDK...

Aside, sorry for the late reply.
    Thanks for your answer, Dino. What I meant that in many planes there is a line in the cfg that sets the zoom factor – mostly at 1.00. But I could not find it on your F-35.
    The new MFD’s look very nice, but with a VR-device you need the click areas. Will there be an update later that makes them work again?

@Stickshaker

In most cases you can simply add the missing line in the proper section... aside, having a look at P3D SDK, there seems to be the possibility to add specific custom views for Oculus and HTC Vive... but again, I am unable to test them.

As for the new VC unfortunately, unless Arno publishes a new version of MCX, this is the best I can do...as I have lost the source files. I will eventually rebuild them, if needed for future upgrades, but it is a lot of work - which I do not have the time to do right now. As a side note, however, the MFD should work... so the missing controls are really a few...

...just one note: from what I have read, P3Dv3 currently does not support click-spots in virtual reality - so it is not a (entirely) problem of the F-35 update, since the MFD should work in non-VR mode.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Dino, all clear. I'll try the new MFD files and adding a 'zoom' line.
    Even if you make no further improvements at all, it is already a fantastic plane!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I managed to get the zoom function working with the Rift. Problem solved. Landing your F-35C on a carrier is a feast!

@Stickshaker

Cool!
    And, apart from my rendition, once you get used to its shape it is definitely a cool aicraft... and the -C variant is probably the one which looks best (although the -B is my preferred one)!

Blog Entries
    Dino, I want to thank you for the F35 series. I originally bought them just to support your efforts, not planning on flying the planes. After reading this thread I decided to get the 3.11 version and try them out. I am glad I did.

What an interesting airplane. Oh to be 24 years old again and fly the real bird. It is as far from the F-4 I flew as the P-51 of my father's time was from the F-4. I watched some of the U-tube videos and was amazed at how far electronics has brought us. If the F-16 was the "Electric Jet" the F35 is the "Cyber jet."
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

...thanks for your appreciation!

The F-35 is indeed a great machine - and I think we barely started to scratch the surface of its full potential. Just compare the F-16A with the F-16V... and think where the F35 will be in 15-20 years from now...

Hey Dino,

Maybe this could be an addition to to your F-35, or perhaps even the Eurofighter. I'm not sure if it's even been implemented in the real world, but looks like it should be if it's not already, or currently being worked on. It looks pretty cool:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...estone.438496/

not sure if it is being released or anything else, but looks really interesting.

Another development from the same designer:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...estone.438466/

Cheers,

...that is a cool feature indeed!

I am actually making other changes, but this is definitely interesting...

For P3D users of v3.11 - here is a quick update that improves a couple of minor points and fixes some minor bugs:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.it/201...rsion-315.html

Changes are as follows:

- Solved minor graphic flaw when the Function Access Buttons are SWAPped
    - Restored "virtual speed brakes" indication in FCS page
    - Implemented FAB-fuel function - fuel quantity is now reported as magenta bars in the FAB section, Joker and Bingo are reported as white lines.
    - Fixed position of transfer pumps in the FUEL page
    - IPP switch now also drives engine starter (in reality, the switch has three positions: OFF-AUTO-START and should be spring loaded to the AUTO, in the sim it is just OFF or START)
    - Left half of the MFD works on battery power only, Right half does not (as in reality) - when the generator is not working, the right MFD will turn off
    - Increased startup time for both halves of the MFD to 15 seconds (as in reality)
    - TFLIR and DAS now require generator power to run
    - A/S and Tacpack radars will not work unless engine is running

Blog Entries
    It is really nice to see you continue to upgrade an already wonderful creation.

Thank You!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thank you Dino. The improvements are much appreciated. It is already an incredible package.

Cheers,

This is probably a stupid question, but in the v3.11, how do I dump fuel. I know that ctrl-D is supposed to dump fuel, and indeed it does, but only if I keep the keys pressed. The button on the FMS page is locked (surrounded by yellow/black banded box), any way to unlock it? I tried ****, but couldn't find any clue.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    gdavej, I seem to remember that you have to click on the fuel tanks on the MFD, and then you get the dumping option.
    Dino, indeed, a thank you for all your tremendous work! Whether freeware or payware, it is always of payware quality.

Members who have read this thread: 0