SSW F-104G RCAF Repaint - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSW F-104G RCAF Repaint

Hey Odourboy,

I was so fixated on the gray that I missed one other issue. You have the Canadian flag on the tail whereas this should be the Canadian Red Ensign during this time period. The current flag was adopted in 1965 and when our CF-104's first received the flag the maple leaf in the roundels were also changed to the stylized maple leaf from the flag.

If you do decide to revisit this repaint I can offer assistance on the Red Ensign.

Cheers,

John

Thanks John. I've found my paint files so i'll have a look at these and see if I can make the updates you've suggested.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by CF104 View Post
    Hey Odourboy,

I was so fixated on the gray that I missed one other issue. You have the Canadian flag on the tail whereas this should be the Canadian Red Ensign during this time period. The current flag was adopted in 1965 and when our CF-104's first received the flag the maple leaf in the roundels were also changed to the stylized maple leaf from the flag.

If you do decide to revisit this repaint I can offer assistance on the Red Ensign.

Cheers,

John

I prefer the look of the post-1965 style maple leaf and flag, so I'll make the tail flag and roundels consistent with that.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Updated and submitted to Warbirds library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=23002

For those who are interested in Canadian CF-104's, here's a link to the Canadian Starfighter Museum which is hoping to open to the public in mid-2018
    http://www.canadianstarfightermuseum.ca/

For some wonderful, and detailed, photos go to the "Museum News" tab. In particular, when you scroll down to the August 28, 2014 there is a good pic of 701-705 in formation out of CEPE at Cold Lake showing their unique schemes (not all the aircraft were painted the same). Click on the pics to enlarge.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 2