Ron's 'Slowly but..let's not push it' thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron's 'Slowly but..let's not push it' thread

Ahh man.. Took off already. It's going to be a full day of flying in SEA. Need to get the missions done, with very few days available to do so before the end of the campaign.

Will catch you a few (dozen) when we meet up..
    Roman

Shoot! I asked in the bar but they said as soon as you saw I'd landed, you gulped down your drink and high-tailed it outta there!

Despite the cabin starting to smell pretty bad, I'm climbing back into 'Don't Shoot', to do VVDN to VVPC.

I lost 12 minutes due to searching for the airport around the wrong bloody lake! I thought FSX wasn't showing me what was on the map.

Still, found it at last.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_20-58-31.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Attwood; July 25th, 2016 at 12:05.

Penultimate leg completed. VVPC to VVNT. Quite uneventful I'm pleased to say. Nice weather and the wife brought me some fruit and cream to sustain me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_21-22-25.JPG  

Hitch up pants, straighten cap and adjust goggles. Last leg coming up. VVNT to Ho ho ho Chi Minh city: VVTS

"Hi honey, I'm home" "Wanna hear about my flights?"
    "That's nice dear"
    "I didn't tell you anything yet"
    "That's nice dear"
    "Rats!"
    "I'm going down to SOH, they'll listen"
    "That's nice dear"

Landed safely at VVTS For some unknown reason I had four crashes on T.O. at VVNT rnwy 23. Just lifed off, raised my gear and Boom! Same place every time. Shut down FSX, selected a different runway and it was as good as gold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_21-43-16.JPG  

Outstanding job with the Infamous Fork Tailed Cessna, Ron!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Thank you Paul. I'm not sure about 'outstanding' but it was an interesting challenge. Very enjoyable.

Was there maybe a building or other structure around the take-off end of the runway, with a crash-box that was a little bit too big and over lapped enough to give you the crash? Not at the other runway. so you could take-off safely?
    I'll test it out and see if I can duplicate the problem. Project VietNam scenery package, maybe? Anyway, I'l let you know.

Just offering a possibility.
    Pat☺

Yo Pat. There didn't appear to be a building in the way, or even close. Scenery is bog standard Orbx Global. Nothing added and nothing taken away. Eh? I've been brainwashed by an advert!

HMmmm...I don't have any OrbX aside from their freeware. I'm so broke I can't even pay attention anymore. But with the default scenery, AND with the Project VietNam scenery, well, ummm...there IS no Rwy 23...? The one I had was 12/30. Am I doing something wrong??&nbsp;<br>Maybe it's OrbX. I dunno, but I couldn't duplicate the problem, even with the F-111 wings spread as wide as they went. I don't fly tubes so that's about the biggest wingspan I could get...<br>Well, Glad ya got it done anyway! Congrats <br>Pat☺

Nice job, O-2 driver, showing us the true FACs of the Vietnam war.
    -Mike

Well done Ron, that was some marathon! Now go have one of these (we really need to get a glass of red wine added to the smileys list don't we)

Members who have read this thread: 0