Cam Ranh air base. Interested?

Thread: Cam Ranh air base. Interested?

Cam Ranh air base. Interested?

Hello Everyone,

Since the release of the Milviz F-100 and the SWS F-4B I have been spending most of my sim hours above Vietnam.

The 'FSX Vietnam War project' has given me a lot of pleasure with all the combat bases, landing zones and ofcourse airbases.
    But I have decided that some airbases could use a little more detail and therefore I have created a new version of Cam Ranh air base.

And because there is quite of a Vietnam war buzz in the flightsim community at the moment, I thought maybe you guys would be interested in a Cam Ranh air base scenery.

The scenery doesn't contain any specially developed scenery objects, I have used scenery objects that are available around the web and that most closely resembles the real thing.

So if you guys are interested, I can upload the scenery in the Library here at SOH.

Cheers,

Randy Mulder

Randy

I would like to have your Cam Ranh AB scenery. Thanks.

The Old MSgt

Id be very interested also, it would be great if you could share , ive got a version of Danang in the works (started Ben Hoa and Nah trang also but those are a good few months away yet), i'll now have somewhere to fly to----

cheers ian

I saw your Danang preview on this forum and it is what inspired me to start this project. Nice to read that your doing Nah Trang and Ben Hoa aswell, now I won't have to do those.
    I am also finishing up on Phu Cat (both F-100 era and F-4 era) and have Chu Lai in the works.

Expect Cam Ranh to be uploaded somewhere this week, as I need to create a Readme file where I sum up all the Scenery libraries that are used and where to find them. The same goes for the AI aircraft and flightplans.

Cheers,
    Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Id be very interested also, it would be great if you could share , ive got a version of Danang in the works (started Ben Hoa and Nah trang also but those are a good few months away yet), i'll now have somewhere to fly to----

cheers ian

Cam Ranh air base has been uploaded to the warbird library.

For any questions or help please use this forum thread, or DM me.

Have fun!

Regards,

Randy

Thank you.. ..nice job....my Younger Brother spent Much Time there...I cannot locate the D/L. just Yet...hoping it pops up...Again Thanks!!

If I had the base I could buzz in with this thing.....once that 737 is out of the way...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exit 1 737.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    If I had the base I could buzz in with this thing.....once that 737 is out of the way...

OK, which F-105 is that....something old....or something that's in development?

I like it!

(I can't seem to be able to find the d/l for Cam Ranh either)

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    OK, which F-105 is that....something old....or something that's in development?

I like it!

(I can't seem to be able to find the d/l for Cam Ranh either)
    It 'was' originally the Alphasim F105D ....but several YEARS of piece by piece revision of the 2D panel and I ended up with this....where every gauge was redone from photos, etc and every switch does 'something'.....and everything is animated....even the gauge reflections in the glass. I may yet release it...one day. It all started because I wanted a wide-screen profile...and the original 2D looked a bit twee...

The one bit that I could never resolve was the bottom rails of the canopy....just could not find a decent image of them in spite of having just about every book available...

Members who have read this thread: 0