WHOA! Holdin on to her all the way!

Thread: WHOA! Holdin on to her all the way!

WHOA! Holdin on to her all the way!

Great pilotage keeping gravity from a 22 ton aircraft. Unfortunately 8 sailors got injured, could have been A LOT worse.

Roman

Do they make pants in Navy Brown?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    No way!

They should have all been down to Davey Jones' locker.

God was with them.

Going to full throttle upon landing is in case of a bolter, but a successful recovery from a broken arresting cable has got to be rare, I would think. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Going to full throttle upon landing is in case of a bolter, but a successful recovery from a broken arresting cable has got to be rare, I would think. NC
    I agree Chief. Looking at the way it all went down I tend to think the deck's pitchup at the last moment (before the E-2 went over) may have helped save the day by buying them a bit of altitude to regain forward speed again. Professionalism at it's finest!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm sure seeing the ship's anchor pass by at eye level with the cockpit was a terrifying experience for the flight crew. Great job of naval aviating.

Amazing example of Naval Aviation airmanship. Bravo Zulu ! Mike

Probably only a light E-2 can pull that off, hope the new props helped, wish we had audio. E-2's also land with rear starboard (right) side escape hatch open.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Kudos to the pilots on a miraculous saving of the aircraft.

Full story on this incident.

http://pilotonline.com/news/military...961145c9d.html
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0