WOW!! where to start?

Thread: WOW!! where to start?

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

WOW!! where to start?

Been looking over the many projects I am working on.
    I guess the Me 163 missions will be first to finish up, If anyone has any info, I can use for the Historical missions it would be welcomed.
    There were so few successful missions for this bird, it is hard to get a handle on this.

But I will do my best to represent this wonderful gift, historically from our Masters..
    And with the large formations, of B-17's and B-24's for all to attack or defend from attack.
    Oh yea!

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    ...also I'd like to request missions for my full race screamin' low end rig:
    (2 gigs ram 1.7 ghz cpu ...crap, I'm running out of hard disc space again -ho-hum)
    For me, immersion is key (realistic virtual cockpits, speeds and weapons within reason etc.)
    and large formations (10 or more) are stuttering death! But the odd and unusual are great,
    though sometimes you don't see it coming... I recall a mission where I wuz tasked with
    delivering some Wimpys somewhere or other and when jumped by CR 42's about 30 or
    40 minutes out of Malta I/we turned the formation into the attackers and shot up the lot,
    well all but one which I chased halfway back to Malta before continuing on with the mission.
    ...also I always prefer missions with take-offs and landings (providing I'm still in one piece)
    cheers mister master mission spinner

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Oh yea! I rarely ever start in the air, not my style.
    As for size, of formations, been developing 200-400 aircraft missions of late for the newer faster computers.
    I can down size these for older computers.
    Working the next week on me 163 large formation 200-300 aircraft formation intercepts..
    And dancing in the BOB expansion for the Masters who are rebuilding this.

And I have several other projects "in the can" as they say.
    Planning to do some night missions when the P-61 is released.
    Oh yea!!

Getting several things reviewed next couple of weeks. so I can sort out where I left off, when all my mission builders quit working.
    Ended up with a completely new fresh install of ETO expansion before I got the MB to work again.
    And it looks like I will have to reinstall all the expansions, to a basic install to get MAW, Rising Sun, PTO BOB, etc.
    Before I can plan anything in them.
    But since I mainly play and dance in ETO 1.50 this isn't a big problem right now.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I play them all and enjoy all . That's why i'm sticking with win 7 64bit .

If you can get your hands on a copy of Aircraft in Profile 225 on the Me 163 it talks about several encounters including what may be the single most successful mission on Aug. 24, 1944 when 3 bombers were reported shot down. Also, the short amount of time that a pilot had to carry out a firing run ... about 2.5 seconds, because the MK 108 had such a low muzzle velocity that you couldn't start firing until you were 650 yards out and had to quit firing at 200 yards to turn away and avoid a collision.

There is also a book called Rocket Fighter written by an Me 163 pilot which may have some combat reports but it has been so long that I read it I can't remember weather it did or didn't. The one thing I do remember most from it was that any pilot who was unfortunate enough to flip a 163 on landing was usually dissolved by the corrosive fuel used by the rocket motor. On the other hand, it might just explode too and get it over with in a hurry.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johannesl View Post
    If you can get your hands on a copy of Aircraft in Profile 225 on the Me 163 it talks about several encounters including what may be the single most successful mission on Aug. 24, 1944 when 3 bombers were reported shot down. Also, the short amount of time that a pilot had to carry out a firing run ... about 2.5 seconds, because the MK 108 had such a low muzzle velocity that you couldn't start firing until you were 650 yards out and had to quit firing at 200 yards to turn away and avoid a collision.

There is also a book called Rocket Fighter written by an Me 163 pilot which may have some combat reports but it has been so long that I read it I can't remember weather it did or didn't. The one thing I do remember most from it was that any pilot who was unfortunate enough to flip a 163 on landing was usually dissolved by the corrosive fuel used by the rocket motor. On the other hand, it might just explode too and get it over with in a hurry.
    Thank you for this info, i will add this to the package.
    Much rejoicing!

Members who have read this thread: 0