Area 51 C-5M Galaxy Questions Please

Thread: Area 51 C-5M Galaxy Questions Please

Area 51 C-5M Galaxy Questions Please

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I am hoping any of you would be any help to my mystery trying to solve my problem. I have payware Area 51 C-5M Galaxy that works fine. The only problem is that the cockpit panel is all black although all gauges and buttons as well as LED windows are working and operable. It is just that the panel is all black. Does anybody know how to solve this problem, please?

Second question is that would any of you know superb livery repaint for Area 51 C-5M Galaxy to make it look good please?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Aharon

Icon5

Does anybody know answers to my questions, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Area 51 c-5m

My panel is gray and black. You are talking fsx? Haven't found any good repaints......

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    My panel is gray and black. You are talking fsx? Haven't found any good repaints......
    Yes it is FSX. Your panel is also black too? Strange.

Regards,

Aharon

Strange or not, the vc panel is deliberately painted black. You can open the textures with DXTBmp and see that they are black.

I've never been in a C-5 so I don't know how accurate that might be.

Personally I think the vc would look better if the panel was gray, but I'm not talented enough to repaint it myself.

Pfflyers,

Thanks for letting me know that Area 51 painted the panel totally black on purpose. Why would they do that????????

Regards,

Aharon

The real C5 panel is black.. good enough reason for Area51 to paint it that colour

ATB
    DaveB

IIRC the C-5 is/was a very early Area 51 release and not a great one at that.
    Just checked my backup drive and the only version I have is the original FS9 version, not a repaint to be seen.
    Just guessing but if the FSX version is a port then it might have compounded the felony.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The real C5 panel is black.. good enough reason for Area51 to paint it that colour
    Dave, ahh thanks for clarification. I did not know C-5M's panel is always all black.

Regards,

Aharon

Sorry but do not understand your statement saying it would be felony especially I paid for Area 51 C-5M Galaxy which was essentially payware add on plane for both FS9 and FSX from Area 51's one of official flight sim re seller websites. How exactly is it felony?

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Dave, ahh thanks for clarification. I did not know C-5M's panel is always all black.

Regards,

Aharon
    Doing a 'Bing'(Google for those not with Bing).. there seem to be slight variations where new/replacement panel sections have been fitted but even in these cases.. the panels remain overall black. As well as the Area51 model being old as wombat pointed out.. the aircraft itself is old and from an era where black cockpit panels was the norm.
    ATB
    DaveB

[QUOTE=Sorry but do not understand your statement saying it would be felony especially I paid for Area 51 C-5M Galaxy which was essentially payware add on plane for both FS9 and FSX from Area 51's one of official flight sim re seller websites. How exactly is it felony?[/QUOTE]

Just a term I tend to use when I'm being disparaging about a developer that produces an 'average' product for FS9 and then turns it into an even more 'average' rendition for FSX.
    Aharon, I think you need a course in Aussie 'humor', no offense intended or implied.........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

DaveB, thanks for answer.

Wombat666, ah I see Thanks for explanations.

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 0