Pat's 2016 SEA Race thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat's 2016 SEA Race thread

Due to some weird glitch in the weather, whether FSRealWX lite or the reporting station I don't know, I had to select an alternate airport to land at. Once the weather glitch clears, I'll hop over to VTUN. For now, I had to land at VTUQ, Nakhon Ratchasima, a few miles back to the west from VTUN.
    Oh, the weather problem? At VTUN, and for a very limited range around it, there is a 75 kt. crosswind. At VTUQ, where I finally landed, just a few miles west? 9kt. That's right, 75KTs! I am sure it's an error in the weather software. I am going to try restarting it, and checking it out, and then, if it's still odd, I will try FSRealWX Pro, if that fails, I will verify online what the weather at the airport is, then set it up in the sim, and make the short hop over to VTUN, if that is acceptable. Failing that, I will check it again tonight, tomorrow, whatever it takes to wait the glitch out.
    Duenna:

FlightLog_13-19-57.TXT

More to come as it happens!
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_13-19-57.JPG  

I'm sadly out of time now, so I will try tonight. I reset the weather, and all is normal, now. Short test flight confirmed. I'll make an official hop tonight. It's about a 5 min hop, give or take from VTUQ to VTUN. More to come!
    Pat☺

75 knot crosswind eh? That's pretty breezy... No worries on the short hop to get back on track.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Ok! First, the little trip to VTUN from VTUQ, to make up for the forced divert.
    Pat☺

Down at VTUN, 6 min flight, never even raised the gear.

FlightLog_22-54-49.TXT

Now, from Khorat (VTUN) to Takhli (VTPI)
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_22-54-49.JPG  

Made it! Another friggen crosswind, only 12kts, this time. Better than 75!

FlightLog_23-35-01.TXT

Tomorrow, last leg! Hope it goes well
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_23-35-01.JPG  

Finally, real life quit interfering with my flying!
    Today, it's off from Takhli (VTPI) to U-Taphao (VTBU). Hope it's a good one!
    By the way, I miscounted somewhere. This isn't the last leg, but that's ok, more fun times!
    Pat☺

A super easy flight for once! Light winds, light turb, even a light crosswind on landing! It ws wonderful. Lovely scenery, some cu around to give some variety...
    Anyway, down safe at VTBU.

FlightLog_13-17-29.TXT

And NOW, for the last leg, which I will fly this evening, my time. See y'all soon!
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_13-17-29.JPG  

Last but not least, U-Taphao (VTBU) to Tansonhat (VVTS). FUN TIME!
    Pat☺

LONG flight. I'm going to have to break into two for the chopper, but the Aardvark had legs to spare for it! 388nm, and the helicopter I want to fly only has a 288nmi range. Two flights
    Anyway, MADE IT! I may be wrong, and usually am, but I think this was the last leg. I'll let the powers that be decide.
    Duenna:

FlightLog_23-29-19.TXT

I may change my routing for the helicopter, so I don't have to break up a leg. Time to work on my navimagation skillz!
    Have fun all! See ya in the helo thread
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_23-29-19.JPG  

Members who have read this thread: 0