Lippisch P.13a ramjet
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lippisch P.13a ramjet

Lippisch P.13a ramjet

hi guys, me again...

well, some time ago Ive started to make, just for fun, a model of a german WW2 ramjet, Lippisch P.13a.
    yesterday I did the dolly (carriage) for the airplane. the model isnt textured yet. anyway, the first model images attached.

I think it would be nice try to put it into CFS3 (and/or into the other flightsims).

still, what I am not sure, is how would be made such plane take off at CFS3. the P.13a has no landing gear, just a skid.
    I am 99% sure the presented dolly is just a transport item, not a droppable gear (just like it was at Me-163 Komet).

well, the aiprlane could start from some kind of ramp, or from some train-dolly.
    I saw some images where the airplane was mounted on the Mistel, but this seems to me bit complicated for CFS3 game play.

what you think about such CFS3 project?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p13a_08.jpg   p13a_07.jpg   p13a_06.jpg   p13a_05.jpg   p13a_04.jpg   p13a_03.jpg  

p13a_01.jpg   p13a_02.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Wow, a unique project in the CFS3 world, we would be lucky to have it! Amazing to think that the power source was coal....

So you think the solution for the Me163 would not work for the Lippisch?

well, I cant say too much to the CFS3 physics, that would answer gecko or the others rather some sources says the P.13a speed should be over 2 Mach ))
    I am also not a scenery maker, to say some kind of the starting ramp or the train-dolly is possible to create, but I think Yes.

however, yes, in case of the droppable dolly / landing skid, the Lippisch could work same like the relased Komet, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post

what you think about such CFS3 project?
    Without a doubt it needs to be done.

Kev

I've wanted one of these for ages! Great to see you've made such a good start. Hope it works!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Hi Borek, you've got to do this!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

oh, thanks guys! glad you like the idea to bring this model into CFS3.

so, I will try to continue... today I did some kind of first texture stuff, images attached.

noticed Ive used a bad blueprint, so I will need to rework some things and some things to add yet
    as to the virtual cpit, I would use parts from our Me-163 Komet project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip13a_tex_01.jpg   lip13a_tex_02.jpg  

ok, a plain quick port into CFS3, without any features like spec maps, guns, pilot stations or so. just a firts blood
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip13_cfs3_01.jpg  

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    I really love that sinister lookin' pilot...

Looks good.

Kev

This is gonna be good!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    I really love that sinister lookin' pilot...
    LOL well, you may find interesting the Lippisch P.13 inside figure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p13a_pilot_01b.jpg   p13a_pilot_02b.jpg  

did some work one the Lippisch (re)PaintTool kit aswell

it is just another variation of my PaintKit tool / Showroom series...

note: at the first fly-by image you can notice some visual bugs at ailerons. this what needs to be reworked yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip_3drad_menu2.jpg   lip_3drad_menu.jpg  

Icon5 Okay...

So when its time for a refuel, instead of a bowser do we expect to see a dumptruck (complete with swastika?)?
    Yes, I am enjoying this strangest of projects...

well, do you mean some kind of CFS3 scenery objects?
    note: the image above is not from a CFS3 game, its a standalone executable apllication programmed by myself (code / design / graphics ...)

I just love modeling low poly objects and for the airfield scene Ive just used some objects which I did some time ago (Opel Blitz truck and Kubelwagen). if we would need a bowser or so, I would do it
    still I never did any flightsim scenery, having a zero knowledge about this part of game modding.

here is a few samples of my library. some of them was originaly made like assets for a payware project (game console OUYA and smpartphones). project cancelled, not my fault.... good is I can use the stuff elsewhere
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_scenery.jpg   c2_t34_cammos_1.jpg   c2_bridge_historic_render_02.jpg   c2_bridge_historic_render_01.jpg   c2_willys-jeep-640x480.jpg   c2_ZIS_5_asset.jpg  

c2_testing3.jpg   c2_testing2.jpg   c2_t34_tiger_skins_02_640.jpg   c2_t34s_retextured_640.jpg  

Icon28 Oooh...

The bridge, the bridge... if only if only. Sumpin tells me if the bridge problem wuz ever cracked 't'would breath
    NEW LIFE into our beloved sim...

...and yes, those're some beautiful models!!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A Lippisch P13a would be GREAT,also your other work is wonderful.Have some neat pics of the P13a glider/testbed .

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    WOW!! Too Cool!!

Blog Entries
    You guys are the best! And to think it's all free makes very thankful..... Best Regards , Scott

Blog Entries
    Some payware that are really good. http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=bslavo , Firepower addon ,skyunlimited's P51 series and Hurricanes , I,m sure i've forgotten some. Please excuse me for not remembering all. Oh forgot the La9 the Mig 3 , http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...Lavochkin-La-9, then The Spitfire series by Just flight . all these keep me interested.I would not mind paying for extra aircraft and missions.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the info. Quite a neat aircraft. I only had very limited info on this interesting fighter/ interceptor .

ok, the wings are fixed, also the rocket engine added and a there is a new test paint attempt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p13a_10.jpg   p13a_09.jpg  

really glad you like it

ok, I think its time to check how it would look at CFS3 sky, first images attached. exported latest gmax version with some kind of specular map feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip13a_tex_13.jpg   lip13a_tex_12.jpg   lip13a_tex_11.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0