Lippisch P.13a ramjet

Thread: Lippisch P.13a ramjet

Hybrid View

Lippisch P.13a ramjet

hi guys, me again...

well, some time ago Ive started to make, just for fun, a model of a german WW2 ramjet, Lippisch P.13a.
    yesterday I did the dolly (carriage) for the airplane. the model isnt textured yet. anyway, the first model images attached.

I think it would be nice try to put it into CFS3 (and/or into the other flightsims).

still, what I am not sure, is how would be made such plane take off at CFS3. the P.13a has no landing gear, just a skid.
    I am 99% sure the presented dolly is just a transport item, not a droppable gear (just like it was at Me-163 Komet).

well, the aiprlane could start from some kind of ramp, or from some train-dolly.
    I saw some images where the airplane was mounted on the Mistel, but this seems to me bit complicated for CFS3 game play.

what you think about such CFS3 project?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p13a_08.jpg   p13a_07.jpg   p13a_06.jpg   p13a_05.jpg   p13a_04.jpg   p13a_03.jpg  

p13a_01.jpg   p13a_02.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Wow, a unique project in the CFS3 world, we would be lucky to have it! Amazing to think that the power source was coal....

So you think the solution for the Me163 would not work for the Lippisch?

well, I cant say too much to the CFS3 physics, that would answer gecko or the others rather some sources says the P.13a speed should be over 2 Mach ))
    I am also not a scenery maker, to say some kind of the starting ramp or the train-dolly is possible to create, but I think Yes.

however, yes, in case of the droppable dolly / landing skid, the Lippisch could work same like the relased Komet, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post

Without a doubt it needs to be done.

Kev

I've wanted one of these for ages! Great to see you've made such a good start. Hope it works!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Hi Borek, you've got to do this!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

oh, thanks guys! glad you like the idea to bring this model into CFS3.

so, I will try to continue... today I did some kind of first texture stuff, images attached.

noticed Ive used a bad blueprint, so I will need to rework some things and some things to add yet
    as to the virtual cpit, I would use parts from our Me-163 Komet project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip13a_tex_01.jpg   lip13a_tex_02.jpg  

ok, a plain quick port into CFS3, without any features like spec maps, guns, pilot stations or so. just a firts blood
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip13_cfs3_01.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    hi guys, me again...

well, some time ago Ive started to make, just for fun, a model of a german WW2 ramjet, Lippisch P.13a.
    yesterday I did the dolly (carriage) for the airplane. the model isnt textured yet. anyway, the first model images attached.

I think it would be nice try to put it into CFS3 (and/or into the other flightsims).

still, what I am not sure, is how would be made such plane take off at CFS3. the P.13a has no landing gear, just a skid.
    I am 99% sure the presented dolly is just a transport item, not a droppable gear (just like it was at Me-163 Komet).

well, the aiprlane could start from some kind of ramp, or from some train-dolly.
    I saw some images where the airplane was mounted on the Mistel, but this seems to me bit complicated for CFS3 game play.

Well Borek i guess you know my answer...

Cheers!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Lets hope that gecko finds the time to do his magic on this very interesting interceptor . Hope you find help with this very interesting aircraft. Wish i could do something to help. Still learning how to use Gmax. Very steep learning curve for dummy like me.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; October 15th, 2016 at 04:25.

one of the way, how to hook someone for help, could be a wip add-on public release, maybe. not here at SOH library officially, just at my simhangar site, where the Komet currently is.

I really hate to keep all my work at home, in a dark corner, web covered.

soon there would be available the Horten America Bomber, next the Lippisch, later the Henschel jet dive bomber, all the AI low polys as standalone downloads... and the new projekt, Gotha P.60 (oups, shhhht!).

once all would be done, it may be released here.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful news !! Very interesting aircraft. Hope you get the help needed to finish each one of your projects .

ok, been trying to add some engine exhaust effect emitter features.
    orginally I thought the effect nodes would be linked to the elevators / elevons... grrr, it doesnt work! they are just sticky position and orientaion to the fuselage. shame, the changable effect vector would be nice thing.

as to the specially engined Lippisch I did it as a single engined airplane. since start up to cca 25% power the airplane emitates the rocket booster effects and then in switches to the ramjet engine effect nodes.

its better then nothing, I would say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip_cfs3_engine_eff_01.jpg   lip_cfs3_engine_eff_02.jpg   lip_cfs3_engine_eff_03.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; October 21st, 2016 at 07:10.

Members who have read this thread: 0