Lippisch P.13a ramjet - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lippisch P.13a ramjet

where can I download this plane from ?

Superb work!

thanks.

coming soon some public release, just dont await too much, there is none who bothered with the flight dynamics. just same case like the Horten 18B.

I will try to add the X4 rocket weapons yet.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I'm hoping someone will help you complete this awesome and interesting interceptor.

well, I am bit sceptic about the flight dynamics support, but who knows.

ok, some net sources says apart the guns the P.13a could take two X-4 rockets, so here we go, a new Ruhrstahl is done. means its a new, no FirePower or any other whatelse source dependent weapon item for our Lippisch add-on.
    still because of the dropable trolley take-off seems to me such start would be highly dangerous with the X-4 loadouts. but hell who cares!

... soon ingame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x4_boreks.jpg  

Blog Entries
    This is why i want to get into flight file design . There is such a need for this. Wish that we could have guided air to air missiles that really work as designed .

Does anyone know what flight dynamics need to be achieved with this aircraft, or is it anything goes?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

well, would be fine to keep the P.13a close to the wiki info, and if god allows, to let it land on a belly.

speed 850 kmh, max speed 1200 kmh
    service ceiling 10000 m to catch B-29, combat radius range 1000 km
    fuel for 45 min

maybe the Komet rocket fighter physics with 45 min fuel capacity and much lover rate of climb would solve it. the differency is the P.13a is a jet, not a rocket

two santa gifts coming! merry christmas, Flying Fortress...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p13_x4_02.jpg   p13_x4_01.jpg  

hohoho...santa is delivering your heaven present !! :P

Great one mate !! i was hoping you'll remake a new pit for me-262 ..hehe

Very much looking forward to seeing the finished model!

Will the X-4's have a sort of 'proximity fuse'? Where they get within 50-60 feet of the target aircraft and explode with enough force to take it down?

@MajorMagee - I think a best guess would do, since no actual flight data exists(?). Maybe the gear could be raised on take off to accomodate the trolly and then beef up the contact/scrape points for a belly landing.

@wiekniera: ...well, didnt thought about any Schwalbe cockpit overhaul mate arent there available some stock CFS3 vc texture repaints at least?

@FOO FIGHTER: the current X-4 rocket is a same settings like the g_x4.xdp, which Ive found at my stock CFS3 install.

as to the current P.13a add-on a small note, the gmax model yet doesnt have any mesh gear tagged / animated, so the ground contact points setttings at the aircraft.cfg is "hardcoded", I mean unchangable height.

what I could do is to create an retractable invicible gear, which would be at it closed position stage at same height as the airplane skid item is. if that would help somehow.

also, as you maybe noticed from the few latest images, the X-4 pylons are smooth shape - usable as static skid items

Just watching know... awesome job you´re rebuilding this game!
    Cheers!

Nel

Blog Entries
    Awesome addition to CFS3 !! Hope it gets the same attention as the Me-163. Enjoying this killer interceptor to say the least. Thanks a million !!

glad you like it

well, this birdy is a pure Luft46 "what-if" airplane, comparing to the real, ww2 operationaly active Me 163B Komet. only the woody glider version of the Lippisch flying arrow regulary existed (the DM-1). I am not counting the wind tunel test models.

CFS3 pilots which keeps to play historical missions / aircrafts will just not bother with the P.13 at all, I suppose still it may give to a few poeple some fun, at least. will see...

ok, lets share one of the latest wieknieras ingame sreenshots now:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 2016-12-14 23-58-09.jpg  

This is so unusual and different that you can't take your eyes off of it. Its like dogfighting a UFO. You are more awe struck by it's appearance and less concerned about flying it or shooting it down! Probably the same reactiion by allied pilots had it gone into production. The design is so simple but brillantly executed by Borek that it really attracts you to it. Love the effects as well.

The flight models are done. With some effort, you can push it through the sound barrier to get a little Christmas present to celebrate Mach 1.

As every gunner in the plane screams over the intercom, "What Was That Thing!"
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

just wow! a BIG THANKS for support! will try it as soon as it gets!

been stuck with the flying disc today, still did a short fly with the P.13a at least... one word: excellent!
    what a speedy bird! also the sonic effect works! thank you Andy!

just in case you wanna try the current P.13a project stage, here is the pack... merry christmas

DOWNLOAD the Lippisch P.13a ramjet fighter for CFS3
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4vw85v...S_wip_v01f.zip

Code:
    Add-on pack version: 0.1f (christmas special public release) 

3D Model and textures: BorekS / Dancat for the X-4 Extra rocket
    Flight model: MajorMagee
    Sounds: stock CFS3, BorekS / based on CFS3 Me 163 soundset by gecko
    Effects: stock CFS3, BorekS for airplane / MajorMagee for sound barrier feature
    Weapons: BorekS, Dancat + FOO FIGHTER for the X-4 Extra rocket

Notes:
    ------ 
    * For a basic takeoff know-how please check the Help (press F1 ingame)
    * the X-4 Ruhrstahl Extra loadout allows to make an easy target kill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p13a_xmass_release.jpg  

Beautiful A/C with many features.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Really enjoying this interceptor . Excellent work done ! Merry Christmas !!

Members who have read this thread: 0