Lippisch P.13a ramjet - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lippisch P.13a ramjet

Fantastic stuff!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

thanks

btw, Ive found one image ower www which presents the Lippisch P.13a take-off.
    I highly doubt the real airplane would really start this way, but ok, I could make it for our birdy (I didnt started with the CFS3 gear solution sofar).

there is also possible to make the P.13a with retractable gear just like it was meant for the DM-1 glider. on the other side, it would be less historic accurate
    well, it could be called lets say a "P.13a-2" or "P.13a-DM1"

what you think guys?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails horten oxy.jpg  

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Don't know why I'm tripping on refueling...
    Wiki sez: "it was proposed to use coal (or paraffin-coated lignite dust) as a fuel... "
    so mayhaps it still could be dispensed by some variation of a bowser.
    Also Wiki describes a tow to launch scenario (like the X-15?) or
    "The aircraft was accelerated to ramjet speeds by rockets attached to the wings..."
    ...and this would eliminate the need for the "tow to launch" deal.
    It would be cool if we got it going to say 2 or 300 knots* and then the ramjet fired with a nice bang
    The effect could be taken from a naval gun perhaps?
    (*ramjet speeds?)

BTW I luv the striped camo

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon20

So the p13b would maybe have a couple of me262-esque turbo fans strapped underneath...(?)
    I only fear the fuselage would need to get a bit fatter to accommodate the jet fuel and landing gear...

Also please tell me how to get that cool pilot into my UI (?)
    (Do we even have Transylvania in the NEK??)

well as I mentioned, I personally have a very low knowledge about CFS3 sounds and fx effects and all the airplane physics. this would need a help of someone else

the "real" Lippisch P.13a was supposed to take off with a help of rocket engine and when he reached the proper speed, the (ram)jet started to work.
    the rocket engine is inbuilded into the airplane body, Ive attached info image

the pilot which is sitting in the current Lippisch aircraft is the same figure which is sitting in the released CFS3 Me 163B Komet add-on. its "hardcoded" into the gmax airplane model so it cant be replaced by any pilot from the standard CFS3 game library. however, at the "hangar" game menu scenery screenshots you can notice similar gray clothed figure, which is a texture replace for german pilot Wendler. again, its a part of the CFS3 Me 163B Komet add-on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lip13a_tex_13_enginfo.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by popsaka View Post
    I only fear the fuselage would need to get a bit fatter to accommodate the jet fuel and landing gear...
    yes, if I would make the retractable gear for the P.13a, it would be less historic accurate, I suppose
    there even seems was a regular P.13b project (differently shaped airplane comparing to the P.13a), again, without standard gear.
    it was a same problem for the german engineers just like it was with the Me 163B (and many other projects) - because of the fuel tank and other needed instruments there was no place for retractable gear

the images below presents the "static" solution for the P.13a, a pure "what if" idea samples.
    the V-1 like ramp would need to be builded like a CFS3 scenery object, I suppose.
    the droable train-dolly puls the rail ramp thingy from the Me-163 image would be yet bit more problematic to do... or?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails V1.jpg   me163k-v31-34_zps604e9084.jpg  

ok, the dropable dolly first take-off
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_7_12_22_50_43.jpg   enb2016_7_12_23_0_2.jpg   enb2016_7_12_23_19_46.jpg  

Looking really good Borek, you got to this stage very quick!

Always been interested is this experimental stuff, don't know who were the more bonkers, the designers, or the pilots, you would need balls of steel to strap yourself into something like this for the fist time? : )

On the other side, imagine if this had actually entered service, what would you be thinking seeing that the first time from your B-17? (LOL can't find the smilie for crapping your pants!)
    John

Keep it coming!

whaddaaaaaa....nice one mate !! ..just saw this..can't wait to make some shots with this one

can't wait to see some shots

Ive updated the old skins and also did another new skin a few days back, so I will send it to you too.

what I am curious is if your P.13a shots will look so badly like at my CFS3 game config. I mean the skins, relating to the painted lines - mainly the skewy tail lines. they just looks ugly pixelised, like the skins were very small texture size.

it just doesnt matter if I am putting there a 1024x2048 or 2048x4096 texture, it looks same, ugly, ingame. but outside the game is all ok, eg. at P.13a rendered images.

Ive tried edit the texture size / resolution items at cfs3 xml config, Ive tried to save the texture as DDS DXT1 with / without mip mapping... nothing helped sofar.

I am using for creating all my textures Inkscape (with the final paint export into PNG) and Paint.NET for creating the final game DDS stuff. I am not using any other DDS image conversion tools anymore, because all what Ive used before the Pain.NET had a very bad pixelised results (doe the DDS compress algorythm).

alos, I didnt have such problem with the Komet skins, which are made same way. the only thing what seems to me could be wrong, is my Lippisch P.13a texture uv-mapping is slightly stretched, cca 10%... could that cause the bad visual results at CFS3?

just sharing a few of the first P.13a images, made by wiekniera... BIG THANKS, mate!

note: textures changed from DXT1 to DDS 888-8 32 bit

ok, this time a few own made screenshot attempts presenting rare new tetxure paints...

a "what if" american skin:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_8_9_18_5_50.jpg   enb2016_8_9_18_7_18.jpg   enb2016_8_9_18_13_43.jpg  

and the latest german skin:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_8_9_18_30_15.jpg   enb2016_8_9_18_23_53.jpg  

Great stuff!
    John

Keep it coming!

Wonder what kind of flight time they would have gotten out of it? Couldn't have been very long I suspect.

36 minutes at 1,025 mph.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Is this plane available?

thank you guys for the nice comments and also to wiekniera for the new great looking P.13a ingame shots... just wow, it looks hell better then at my CFS3 settings can you post some Nr.92 and Nr.11 skin shots aswell, please?

this Lippisch project still is early wip and the test files are given only to two people which I know from the previous CFS3 airplane initial cooperation (Messerschmitt Me 163B Komet). I think none of you will be surprised now of the disclosure the wip stuff I am sharing with gecko aswell... still he is busy with other projects sofar.

the actual Lippisch version use a stock CFS3 Gotha cockpit, but right now I am trying to make own P.13a interiror mesh, using some of the Komet instrument panel items.
    because there doesnt exists any cockpit photo, I am limited with my phantasy only, however, it should be a simple mesh solution. will see...
    I cant say how long the P.13a project will take, a true is I would like to make it simple as it gets, not so complex like the Komet.

currently I am on a simracing modding vacancy (just need a break to recharge battery), but seems I cant live without any creation acitivity so Ive turned for a while into the flightsim stuff now.

another thing is I am seriously thinking on a brand new Heinkel He 162A jet project for CFS3, which would be started mainly because of the enhancament ability, I mean to add to the german fleet the B, C, D or such differently winged / engined He 162 types.
    Last edited by BorekS; August 11th, 2016 at 03:20.

when speaking about the Lippisch P.13a cockpit, Ive just found one paint scheme at Waffen Arsenal Lippisch monography, see bellow.
    however, I am not sure if I should keep this paint as any regular source, eg. there is no place for Revi gunsight item for example, which CFS3 players really need to have

note: if anyone does know /share some better or alternative source, feel free.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p13a_cpit_scheme.jpg  

maybe this can help u with the gunsight..it's from modelling

thanks a lot, mate

yeah, Ive found such image colelction a few days back too. as we can see, it dramaticaly differs from the black-n-white interiror picture above

ok, the wip CFS3 cpit Revi gunsight item (from Komet) is now positioned similar way, which is very close to the canopy glass infact, but its acceptable ingame. more will come later...

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    One of the coolest of the '46 breed. 36 minutes of mayhem !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    36 minutes of mayhem !!!!!
    LOL!

as to the P.13a progress, having some issues to visualy separate mesh from CFS3 interiror views for the Lippsich project, ok whats wrong?

well, the virtual cpit could be twice smoother mesh comparing to the external model, but once I am doing it, the virtual cpit smooth frame egde mesh doesnt fit with the low poly frame egde mesh, which is just the exteriror airplane body... of course

check the attached test image.

the external CFS3 model is just visible together with the virtual cpit mesh, and thats not good. could be something wrong with the text editable xdp file vs the gmax project name convention and /or dummy node hierarchy.

needs to say I am not expert relating to all CFS3 modding aspects, just going the same way like the CFS3 Me 163B Komet, means exporting the virtual cpit stuff always from a standalone gmax virtual interior project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vcpit_issue.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; August 17th, 2016 at 01:18.

Members who have read this thread: 0