Razbam EA-6B Repaint v2.0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Razbam EA-6B Repaint v2.0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    For this scheme I'm told 237 gray, 320 gray then 375 gray.

But that's not the Sunset Prowler, just the last VAQ-134 Prowler CAG Bird now sitting pretty in Colorado.
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    My VAQ-134 contacts say try this shade of grey (aka 237 Grey) please: http://www.colorcombos.com/colors/EDEDED

Another one says, "for the sunset bird was only two tones. it was gloss white bottom and the top was a type of beige, "

I really think 237 Grey on top and gloss white on the bottom is the way to go.

Thanks!
    Finally the best source I know says "16440 gray on top, 17925 white on the bottom."

Best of luck and thanks again kdfw for stepping up.

pretty much done.

fsx day light tends to unnatually washed out surface details and gives it a yellowish tinge so it's difficult to reproduce light gull gray with bump map but i think it turned out ok. these are all fsx w/ the dx10 fixer.

Wink

Perfect, outstanding, like I'm right there.

Now I don't do DX10. Only DDS & DX9. But it's like I'm right there in formation!

Blog Entries
    Nailed it.

Well done!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Best texture that the Razbang Prowler has ever worn. Will this be available? Fantastic work. I tried doing an improved texture and gave up... You absolutely nailed it.

Thank you! I will fly a Garuda Prowler to MCAS Iwakuni today. Hard to believe it has been 21 years ago this month I was there..... NC

I really can't believe what you have done. It is a completely different - and better - looking aircraft!! This one will no longer sit in the hangar . .

Thank you !!!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Really enjoying the EA-6B for the first time thanks to your paints and VC mods, kdfw.

I wonder if there is a way to mod the ECM pod little propellers - they move too slowly and flutter back and forth, but I would expect IRL are just a faint blur like a big prop. Is there an alpha texture for them?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Why doesn't the gauge highlighted show up in any of my Razbam Prowlers? This screenie is from the fs shop selling it so it should work.

the ecm pod generator fin animation is part of the mdl so no way to alter it.

as for the map display, if you don't have it razbam probably removed it due to performance hit. the map looks like the default fs gps.

in the readme.txt in the vaq134 texture mod file, you'll see a way to display Dino's S3 viking tactical display in that spot for the blk89 vc. probably works for other versions as well.

n the readme.txt in the vaq134 texture mod file, you'll see a way to display Dino's S3 viking tactical display in that spot for the blk89 vc. probably works for other versions as well.
    Was wondering where I might find those entries - many thanks!

you'll need to add 2 entries to /panel/panel.cfg, gauge04 and gauge00 as shown in the readme.txt:

[Vcockpit12]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=0
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$primary_panelF
    gauge04=../../Lockheed_S3_Viking/panel/Tactical!S3Tactical, 0,0,1,1

[Vcockpit14]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=0
    pixel_size=512,512
    texture=$primary_panelD

gauge00=../../Lockheed_S3_Viking/panel/S3B_EFIS!MAP, 0,160,1000,1000

flight handling tweaks for the ea6b:

1) pitch stability improved, not as twitchy with elevator input.
    2) roll rate lightly reduced as it felt spoilerons too sensitive.
    3) cruise speed of about 500kts without firewalling throttle.

add to 'flight tuning' section in aircraft.cfg

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0
    parasite_drag_scalar = 0.8
    induced_drag_scalar = 1.0
    elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
    aileron_effectiveness = 1.0
    rudder_effectiveness = 1.0
    pitch_stability = 1.2
    roll_stability = 1.1
    yaw_stability = 1.2
    elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    hi_alpha_on_roll = 1.0
    hi_alpha_on_yaw = 1.0
    p_factor_on_yaw = 1.0
    torque_on_roll = 1.0
    gyro_precession_on_yaw = 1.0
    gyro_precession_on_pitch = 1.0

and tweak these sections

[jet_engine]
    thrust_scalar= 1.2 //1.0

[Views]
    eyepoint= 13.355, -0.95, 2.7

[brakes]
    toe_brakes_scale= 1.500

control sensitivity is also dependent on the controller used and how it's calibrated/configured (sensitivity and null zone). adjust above to taste.

Members who have read this thread: 0