MiG-15 Fagot
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MiG-15 Fagot

MiG-15 Fagot

hi guys,
    would be there someone who could make my old MiG-15 project decently flyable at CFS3?
    A few images: http://stilz.mypage.cz/menu/letecka-...evic-mig-15bis

Also the virtual cpit could be the same stuff which is mentioned at the Yak-15 thread.

I am not sure if I will find the CFS3 project, but I hope the gmax source still exists yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig15_cfs3_02.jpg   mig15_cfs3_04.jpg  

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon27 Ahoy laddie...

Not sure where the USAAF skin came from but the Mig is a basic part of the Korean expansion for CFS3...
    She's the nemesis of the F-86

cheers

well, the attached images at this thread presents a model of MiG-15 which I did a lot of years back and which never was released public.

in early flightsim times I remember there wasnt any free decent looking MiG-15, usually a wrong shaped stuff only, with badly made noses. so Ive started my own "solution"... however, now it is a more then 15 years old model

I am sure there exists many MiG-15 models for flight simulations now, I am just talking about my version, which could be given public

as to the "616" USAF skin, I was inspired when I saw a few photos like this one:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100608-F-1234S-008.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; June 21st, 2016 at 06:17.

another skin stuff Ive made by past (a FS2000 or FS2004 footage, I dont remember exactly)

I was trying to port the airplane into various games like FS2000, FS2004, CFS2 and CFS3 by past.
    present day I am way from flightsim modding, but I now thought it would be a shame to keep it at my home for ages. just like it almost happen with the Me 163B Komet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MiG15_v4_rus_02.jpg   MiG15_v4_kor.jpg  

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon4 Ah ha!

Your Mig looks really nice and the model is using the reflective shine beautifully...
    (not to mention some cool skins) ...so please do upload!!

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    hi guys,
    would be there someone who could make my old MiG-15 project decently flyable at CFS3?
    A few images: http://stilz.mypage.cz/menu/letecka-...evic-mig-15bis

Also the virtual cpit could be the same stuff which is mentioned at the Yak-15 thread.

I am not sure if I will find the CFS3 project, but I hope the gmax source still exists yet
    I can take a look at it.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

that would be nice, MajorMagee, thank you for interest

what the cfs3 model would need (apart of the physics), is all the rest of stuff (gun / jet flame / damage effect etc.).
    as to the textures, I have the original psd sources, but they are not too much usable, so I would make them newly, still the original uv-mapping would be unchanged.

ok, now the important - Ive found the gmax source!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig15_gmax.jpg  

ok, a fresh port from gmax into CFS3 after all the years...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig15_cfs3_07.jpg   mig15_cfs3_06.jpg   mig15_cfs3_05.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic news !!

Blog Entries
    Just checking to see if been any progress on this Mig-15.

well, to be honest there wasnt any visible progress at all, sorry.

I wanted to share it with any usable texture paint template, because I love the idea to create / to see new skins in future.
    but Ive discovered all the bare metal skins which I did by past (those with czech, korea and russia markings) having the needed layers merged.
    that doesnt allows to make some cammo skins, only like a complete texture repaint.

also noticed I did wrong the whole canopy logic (by using the logic from UTI version - the double seater). it needs to slice some parts first, to animate it "believable" for a single seater.

as to the virtual cockpit I noticed the best way would be to use simply the P-80 m3d interiror, which may be just slightly repainted texture. this is simply doable with a small hexedit corrections.

however, I could share with MajorMagee what I have sofar, to push the possible progress somewhere

ok, did some cammo skin with the "bad" metal texture source, this time a gmax model exported with specular map material.
    not all schemes, but some kind of cammo paint could be made this way, without creating a new template.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_fagot_spec_repaint_01.jpg   cfs3_fagot_spec_repaint_02.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Nice work ! A great addition to CFS3 Korea. Why can't you use the cockpit from the available Mig-15 by DPC ? Like both the Mig-15 and the F-86. Could this be because i'm bipolar ? Glad to see some interest in Korea. Maybe sometime in the future a skin for the freeware B-29 would great for Korea. Really love the Me-163 and in awe of all the great modders/designers... here at SOH.Thank you.

thanks

oh, yes, it may use the DPC MiG-15 VC as originaly meant at the first post of this thread, I just thought with the stock CFS3 F-80 VC the add-on would be simply bit more permission independent

but there starts a bigger problem at all my projects:

all my gmax airplanes merged with other party VCs just shows two interiors together - there is visible the mesh from external model and the second mesh is the regular VC.

this only doesnt happen with my Lippisch airplane model with Gotha 229 stock VC, but probably just beause the Gotha VC is higher positioned comparing to my airplane model.

and if I am using scratch made gmax VC mesh which are same position like my external models, it does look fine at first look, but it isnt infact, see this.

I am starting to be mad of it... but it definitely must be something wrong at my gmax node hierarchy.
    Last edited by BorekS; August 23rd, 2016 at 06:36.

gun and pylon nodes into gmax added and a new test skin was made for the reflection version...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_mig_03.jpg   cfs3_mig_02.jpg   cfs3_mig_01.jpg  

Exclamation

ok, did some kind of next retexturing (re uv-mapping) work on the Fagot. mainly on the interiror and bays. well, nothing special, but now is the model completely textured, which was the goal

meet the beaty...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_mig_05.jpg   cfs3_mig_06.jpg   cfs3_mig_04.jpg  

Fagot on the ground...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_mig_09.png   cfs3_mig_08.png   cfs3_mig_07.png  

Very nice work! Can't wait to see this!

thanks ok, the current wip package sent to MajorMagee

geez...looks like you have 3 projects going on

well, my MiG-15 Fagot flightsim project started cca 14 years back and there years has been no progress... until found me wiekniera and took me to this site, where are very nice people, which may help to release it public at some usable version. so, why not try it, right?

I have no plan to rework deeper the MiG model but adding some weapon payload mesh maybe. also no VC is in plan to do. and finally, I can live without debris parts relating to any damage system. in another words a decent physics could be enough for now and done

the Lippisch P.13 and Heinkel Hs 132 are new projects, which I started just out of a pure fun of modeling. I am not hury with it, just learning CFS3 modding (again), after all the years of a long break.

and the Arado 234? it depends, how much to take it I can just help there with some things relating to modeling...

Blog Entries
    It's a very nice looking Mig-15 . Thank you for all the time and work that you put in doing all this. I'd say that the luft'46 stuff is the most interesting to me though. Thanks,Scott

glad you like it

actually, you may take the Fagot like a Luft46 airplane too, because its based on german ww2 research infact at least people says and usually mentioning it was inspired by Ta 183 Huckebien. also, if we would repaint eg. the russian early jet like Yak-15 into german war skin, it could easy take a mockup of some german jet project

She looks red hot (no pun intended) and ready for a rumble in MIG alley!

Members who have read this thread: 0