MiG-15 Fagot - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MiG-15 Fagot

thank you looks very interesting such pack, still I personally didnt tried it yet

just a small note to the MiG-15bis part of the IAF-EAF_1956_For_MAW.zip content: originaly I thought the Fagot add-on, the initial pack which is available at the simhangar site, will be after all the public testing (which seems is over now, builded into the v1.03) just uploaded into SOH library as our first MiG-15bis related add-on and then may come all its deriavates into SOH library

I know this got published a bit out of order, but since it was put together just for MAW I didn't think it would be a problem to upload it when it was ready. The naming was done in a way that should not lead to any conflicts with the file sets you've already released on your site.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

yes, its ok... ah, that reminds me I have to finish the Russian (Soviet) MiG-15bis skin pack, to be able to put something decent into the current SOH library aswell

hmm, a quest for skin makers: how about some ww2 german "what-if" MiG-15bis skin, guys? you know, the Fagot is similar to Ta-183 Huckebein and many other Luft46 airplanes

seems the bare metal effect just in half...what's wrong?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 2016-12-17 18-44-36.jpg  

noticed this too with latest shader pack. this would cause such thing if the fuselage part were be mapped different material properities, but as far as I know the body is made properly. I saw such issue with some cubemaps, but it was in another game.

I could try to weld the fuselage vertices, maybe it was sliced by past.

That's an issue in the m3d file. The body is mapped on two different lines within the m3d, and each one was coded a bit differently as to the reflectivity/specular texture references. It's one of the things I addressed in the AK version.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

yes, that makes a sence but what I am not getting is the fact the whole gmax model is mapped with a few materials, yet the two parts of fuselage are SAME material which my poor brain just takes like a same properities and texture.

ok, I did a few tests focused on the other apsects, like a different mesh smooth value or vertex welding. it didnt helped.
    so ok, Ive loaded the original latest gmax project then again and did just one thing - Ive attached the two mesh fuselage parts together, nothing more... and voila, it fixed that!

still it doesnt make a bigger sence to me, yet there is a few another parts like the tail-rudder, spoilers and more, which still appears wrong!

well, in a next post I would dare to offer a quick alternative MiG-15bis add-on AnkorShader solution. stay on....
    Last edited by BorekS; December 17th, 2016 at 13:22.

what I did, just for a quick test, is I took the MiG STD package textures and masks and applied it on the AK version M3D model. in another words, Ive just renamed the STD texture files to match with the AK file names.
    it gives a decent alu bare metal effect at my CFS config3. I have to say I am fine with such simple solution.

attaching the "modded" AK model with shaders off and shaders on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_12_17_21_38_40.jpg   enb2016_12_17_21_38_35.jpg  

here's the result using your quick method mate, using STD texture and rename them into AK (the looks might be slightly different from yours, im still using 2015 Ankor shader not the newest and reshade stuff)..it's much better now from what i think

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 2016-12-18 14-11-21.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-18 14-15-19.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-18 14-08-46.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-18 14-16-12.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-18 14-17-21.jpg   cfs3 2016-12-18 14-21-03.jpg  

thank you wiekniera for testing. your MiG screenshots looks bit more like a polished metal instead of the alu specular metal skin, but definitely acceptable

I would kill for one and only existing, user untweakable shader, to avoid of all the pain around...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    It took a little digging since I have the AvHistory Effects files always as part of my installs.

If you have only the plain vanilla effects then the weapon files will need to be edited for the stock tracers to show up.
    In the Weapons folder:

37mmNudelman_round becomes

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <UnitData>
    <General Allegience="" LongName="" ShortName="" ModelName="" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="2" Type="weapon" EnteredService="01/01/1943" BlastDamageMod="0" ImpactDamageMod="0" FireDamageMod="0" AllowSpawn="n" Category="weapon" Country="Germany" Mass="0.685"/>
    <Description String=""/>
    <Weapon WeaponType="shell" ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="650" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="3300" BlastRadius="3" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="71" ExplodeEffect="fx_grndexpl_t" GroundEffect="fx_grndexpl_t" AirEffect="fx_airexpl_s" WaterEffect="fx_bltwtr_l" TracerEffect="fx_tracer_m"/>
    <Loadouts/>
    <GunStations/>
    <DamageBoxes/>
    <Systems/>
    </UnitData>

23mmNudelman-Rikhter_round becomes

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <UnitData>
    <General Allegience="" LongName="" ShortName="" ModelName="" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="2" Type="weapon" EnteredService="01/01/1944" BlastDamageMod="0" ImpactDamageMod="0" FireDamageMod="0" AllowSpawn="n" Category="weapon" Country="neutral" Mass=".531"/>
    <Description String=""/>
    <Weapon WeaponType="bullet" ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="65.39" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="52.8" BlastRadius="2" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="25" ExplodeEffect="fx_grndexpl_t" GroundEffect="fx_bltgnd_m" AirEffect="fx_bltpln_m" WaterEffect="fx_bltwtr_m" TracerEffect="fx_tracer_m"/>
    <Loadouts/>
    <GunStations/>
    <DamageBoxes/>
    <Systems/>
    </UnitData>

The lines that are missing from the Effects.xml to support the intended green tracers are:

<tracer_23mm_green ClassName="TracerEffect" TracerLength="2.5" TracerWidth="2.5" TracerRorationSpeed="500" TracerBlendMode="Add" TracerSideTexture="tracerend7.dds" TracerEndTexture="tracerend7.dds" SmokeLength="1600" SmokeWidth="2.5" SmokeRorationSpeed="1200" SmokeBlendMode="QuadSprite" SmokeSideTexture="tracerSmoke4.dds" SmokeEndTexture="black.DDS"/>
    <fx_tracer_23mm_green ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="tracer_23mm_green" />

and then you would need to add tracerend7.dds to your Effects\Fxtextures folder.
    black.dds and tracersmoke4.dds should already be part of the basic install.

Attachment 44815
    I don't fly at night too often, but with my recent effort on the RF-61C night recon missions, I realized that there was something amiss with these tracers at night. With AnKor's shaders the sprites are dimmed at night unless you specifically exclude them in the texturemagic.ini file in the shaders30 folder. To correct this you should add tracerend7.dds to the list in the [FullbrightSprite] ; section. If you've noticed any other effects that seem dim when they really shouldn't be you would correct them in the same way by adding the appropriate dds file to the list.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks again for the vital info Major! I was racking my brain trying to fix this.

I would like to check this out. Which version of the mig uses these weapons?

Found the planes that use these weapons. Made the changes to the files; all it did was change the collor of the tracers from green to white in night time and day time.
    What is the purpose of this mod ?

They are supposed to be green. White would mean you don't have the AvHistory Effects installed, but if they used to be green I'm not sure what you've done.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

In 37mmNudelman_round and in 23mmNudelman-Rikhter_round
    I replaced
    TracerEffect="fx_tracer_23mm_green" with TracerEffect="fx_tracer_m".
    I already have
    <tracer_23mm_green ClassName="TracerEffect" TracerLength="2.5" TracerWidth="2.5" TracerRorationSpeed="500" TracerBlendMode="Add" TracerSideTexture="tracerend7.dds" TracerEndTexture="tracerend7.dds" SmokeLength="1600" SmokeWidth="2.5" SmokeRorationSpeed="1200" SmokeBlendMode="QuadSprite" SmokeSideTexture="tracerSmoke4.dds" SmokeEndTexture="black.DDS"/>
    <fx_tracer_23mm_green ClassName="GroupEffect" Effect0="tracer_23mm_green" />
    in my effects.xml
    and I have
    added tracerend7.dds to the list in the [FullbrightSprite]

Sorry if I've caused confusion.

If the original flies worked to provide green tracers then no editing needed to be done, other than adding tracerend7.dds to the texturemagic.ini so they would be bright at night. Hopefully you made a back-up of your xpd files before you made any changes.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

just to let you know, currently I am working on a next version of the MiG-15bis add-on (initial North Korea skin pack).

there will be only one and only main package which will include all the original STD textures and specular / reflex masks + all the M3D ariplane AK material patched models. this should allow to fly the original STD "silver" metalic skins with / without Ankor Shaders.

as optional replacement stuff there will be included the original AK version textures and specular / reflex masks (only). this should allow to fly the AK original "grey" metalic skins with / without Ankor Shaders.

in another words if the user dislikes the alluminium skin paint, he may simply replace it with the alternative paints

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    just to let you know, currently I am working on a next version of the MiG-15bis add-on (initial North Korea skin pack).

there will be only one and only main package which will include all the original STD textures and specular / reflex masks + all the M3D ariplane AK material patched models. this should allow to fly the original STD "silver" metalic skins with / without Ankor Shaders.

as optional replacement stuff there will be included the original AK version textures and specular / reflex masks (only). this should allow to fly the AK original "grey" metalic skins with / without Ankor Shaders.

in another words if the user dislikes the alluminium skin paint, he may simply replace it with the alternative paints
    Thanks, BorekS, I can't believe how good this bird looks in the screenshots

thanks, mate ;)

ok, as announced, the CFS3 Mikoyan Guryevich MiG-15bis Fagot (North Korea), add-on version 1.04 is out, check the current simhangar section.

Code:
    CFS3 Mikoyan Guryevich MiG-15bis Fagot (North Korea), add-on version 1.04
    =========================================================================

This package includes a complete airplane add-on, compatible with CFS3 Ankor Shaders, see the "CFS3_MiG_15bis" folder content.

There is also alternative skin and specular / reflex mask paint variant file replacement included.
    In another words, if you prefer another bare metal skin paint approach or so on, you may simply replace it with the alternative paints, see the "CFS3_MiG_15bis_alternative_textures" folder content.
    To compare the visual results you can check the attached screenshots (JPEG format).

Tested with stock CFS3 installation + AnKors Shaders 22. july 2016 release.

Credits
    -------
    3D model and textures: BorekS (tibor.stilz@gmail.com)
    3D model AnkorShader material patch: MajorMagee
    Alternative skin and specular / reflex masks: MajorMagee
    Flight model: MajorMagee
    Sounds: stock CFS3
    Effects: stock CFS3

Description
    ------------
    A complete package with all effects, sounds, weapons and all other dependent files included. 

This package includes 6x North Korea skin.

Notes
    -----
    This airplane use retextured stock CFS3 P-80 Shooting Star virtual cockpit.

Changes
    -------
    v.1.01 - updated gun effects
    v.1.02 - updated loadout items
    v.1.03 - updated loadout pylon sequence
    v.1.04 - merged / updated AnkorShader compatibility logic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFS3_MiG_15bis_main_screenshot_sample_1.jpg   CFS3_MiG_15bis_alt_texture_screenshot_sample_1.jpg  

two russian (soviet) skins, available for download soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig15_ru_01.jpg   mig15_ru_02.jpg  

two russian (soviet union) skins available for download at simhangar now.

its a fully standalone package, should work without the MiG-15bis North Korea pack...

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    I have some Russian (Soviet skins) in work.

Nr.40 color: braun/green cammo
    Nr.317 color: sand/blue
    Nr.384 color: metalic/red nose/red flash tail
    Nr.841 color: metalic/red nose/red rudder
    ok, all the planned russian (soviet union) skins are done. meet the two missing ones now... available at simgangar for testing and soon also at Warbirds library...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig15_ru_03.jpg   mig15_ru_04.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; January 9th, 2017 at 14:13.

ok guys,

CFS3 Mikoyan Guryevich MiG-15bis Fagot (6x North Korea skin pack) available at SOH Warbirds library here.

CFS3 Mikoyan Guryevich MiG-15bis Fagot (4x Russia / Soviet Union skin pack) available at SOH Warbirds library here.

SOH-CM-2020
    Fantastic!

Members who have read this thread: 0