MiG-15 Fagot - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MiG-15 Fagot

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Sir ! That did the trick. Much Joy !!

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    hi guys,
    the mentioned dds textures belongs to the CFS3_MiG_15bis_Standard_package, are included in the CFS3_MiG_15bis_ver10.zip downloadable pack (checked now again) and should be found / placed here:

aircraft\mig_15bis\texture_skin_r\mig15_s001_t.dds
    aircraft\mig_15bis\texture_mask_r\mig15_s001_r.dds

it is a fuselage texture of the "MiG-15bis NK925" airplane slot, the metalic skin and its reflex mask.

note: the "MiG-15bis NK925*" airplane slot from CFS3_MiG_15bis_AnkorShader_package use different skin and mask texture files.

I am sorry to report that the mig15_s001_t.dds and mig15_s001_r.dds are not in the CFS3_MiG_15bis_ver10.zip download. These file are required in the .m3d file of FAB-100 Bomb, mig15bis_fuel_tank , mig15bis_rocket_lr130, mig15bis_rocket_s21 and mig15bis_rocket_sr55 for the ordnance to appear.

Thank you major for solving the fx_tracer_23mm_green.

yep, tracers work for the guns but nothjing for the fuel tanks and weps.

Picked up the missing .dds from the CFS3_Mig_15bis_Standard_package.
    Still having a problem with the ordnance not showing under the wings.
    When I try using rockets or bombs only one will show leaving the plane (on the port side).

All the required pylons are missing : pylon_mig15bis_fuel_tank, pylon_mig15bis_rocket_pod, pylon_mig15bis_rocket_box and pylon_mig15bis_standard

true, true, gosd
    it seems all mod testers including me just used both variants installed together (or the STD version only), so we didnt noticed the AK weapon texture bug. but what is more shameful from some reason I didnt enpacked the pylon folder into the public 1.0 and even not into the 1.01 release! a BIG SORRY for that.

ok, lets make another bugfix step to build up the enduser package, which should be the source for a regular SOH library release... here we go!

DL link / modpack at simhangar site updated to version 1.02.

Includes the missing pylons and updated weaponary texture logic.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    All seems good with the wonderful Mig-15. Thank you Sir.

@borekS
    Thank you for the last upgrade the ordnance are now visible.
    One small glich; in the 4 rockets+2 droptanks configuration the tank on the port side is very shinny.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot11-25-16-17-05-04.jpg  

yes, the loadout items arent Ankor shader patched.

btw, the MiG at your screenshot does look way from I would expect. for all Standard package refusers I would recommend install it at once at least and set the shaders off for a while - to get how the add-on really should look

Here are the files you'll need for the weapon textures when using the AnKor compatible version. Just place them in the textures_common sub folder.

Mig15bis-AK_Weapons_Patch.zip
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

As far as the look being different from the Standard, this is what I was aiming for when I set up the AK versions. More of a matte aluminum than a mirror polish. If anyone want's more shine you can just increase the brightness of the _r.dds files.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

This is what I get afther adding the skin_patch with Ankor shaders on

with shaders off
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot11-26-16-09-22-20.jpg   Shot11-26-16-09-06-44.jpg   Shot11-26-16-09-05-11.jpg  

I wonder why mine doesn't do that? The weapon and the referenced texture are the same for both sides.

Check the aircraft xdp file for a typo in the weapons section, and delete the bdp files for the aircraft and the fuel tank just to be sure.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Excellent work! They are well worth the wait! Thanks so much for these!

Gosd,

Does it change with viewing distance (LOD)?

The fuel tanks can be on the inner, or outer pylons. Does it happen in both positions?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

three notes:

1) using MiG-15bis addon STD version when the shaders off gives NOT the same visual result as the MiG-15bis addon AK version when the shaders off. its because all the STD vs AK skins and masks are different paint infact... just to let know

2) as we know, when same named texture file exist at the CFS3 file structure twice (or more), only one will be loaded into game. if they differs, you may got strange visual results.

3) the current, actual MiG-15bis addon version 1.02 does NOT use s001 textures anymore for loadout items

its funny to get working things for AnkorShaders properly as the add-on creator supposed, right? god bless people who still use the CFS3 game AnkorShader unkissed or set to off at least.

Okay I was able to reproduce it, and it does seem to be tied to the LOD being in close, and it only happens to the set with 2 tanks and 4 rockets.

Rearranging the pylon sequence seems to resolve it on my system.

<Loadouts>
    <Loadout Name="Clean"/>
    <Loadout Name="(2)FuelTank">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_fuel_tank" PayloadType="mig15bis_fuel_tank" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_fuel_tank" PayloadType="mig15bis_fuel_tank" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(2)FuelTank+(2)Rockets">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_fuel_tank" PayloadType="mig15bis_fuel_tank" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_fuel_tank" PayloadType="mig15bis_fuel_tank" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_pod" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_s21" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_pod" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_s21" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(2)FuelTank+(4)Rockets">
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_pod" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_lr130" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_pod" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_lr130" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_pod" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_lr130" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_pod" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_lr130" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(2)FuelTank+(40)Rockets">
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_box" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_sr55" Quantity="1023"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_box" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_sr55" Quantity="1023"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_box" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_sr55" Quantity="1023"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_rocket_box" PayloadType="mig15bis_rocket_sr55" Quantity="1023"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(2)Bombs">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(6)Bombs">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_mig15bis_standard" PayloadType="mig15bis_bomb_fab100" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    </Loadouts>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

@MajorMagee
    You are my man ! This change did the trick.

glad it is solved

the pylon sequence rearranging will be implented into the 1.03 release pack.

Changes since v.1.0
    ----------------------
    v.1.01 - updated gun effects
    v.1.02 - updated loadout items
    v.1.03 - updated loadout pylon sequence

ok, the latest version is out.

DL link / modpack at simhangar site updated to version 1.03.

supposing it would be the regular SOH library upload pack, or?

thanks to all involved for testing

enduser skin templates in work (finally)... 1/2 done already.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig15bis_template.jpg   mig15bis_template2.jpg  

ok, the skin templates are out!

MiG-15bis skin templates v.10 DL link available at simhangar site (check the PaintKit item there).

Note for skin painters:

I have some Russian (Soviet skins) in work. such skins are reserved for CFS3 MiG-15bis Standard package:

Nr.40 color: braun/green cammo
    Nr.317 color: sand/blue
    Nr.384 color: metalic/red nose/red flash tail
    Nr.841 color: metalic/red nose/red rudder

Hows the CFS3 MiG-15bis STD package airplane slot / skin logic actually?

The currently released CFS3 North Korean skined models are 001, 002 ... up to 006 airplane slot. the next ones are free for use (sofar). the airplane menu name is "MiG-15bis NK(nose number)". eg. "MiG-15bis NK132" is a metalic Nr.132 Fagot bird.

The CFS3 upcoming Russian skined models will be 101, 102, 103 and 104 airplane slot. the next ones are free for use (sofar). the airplane menu name will be "MiG-15bis RU(nose number)".

Another nation related skins would be 201, 202 etc. lets say for China. the 301, 302 etc. would be for Vietnam and so on...

The upcoming skined models made by me will come AnkorShader unpatched, might be fixed later by someone, like Andy did for the initial release.

Hows the CFS3 MiG-15bis AK package airplane slot / skin logic?

Its up to you, still supposing it might be as Andy started to take it

Finally, all new skins (skin packs) should be fully standalone installations, independent on any initial MiG-15bis add-on sources
    In another words, if new skins will come, no need to have installed the original MiG-15bis add-on package to run it ingame.
    Last edited by BorekS; December 2nd, 2016 at 03:32.

I need some of this again to put together the 1956 Suez package for MAW.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Once the moderators approve it the link will be here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=22140

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.