MiG-15 Fagot - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MiG-15 Fagot

thanks

ok, finally managed to solve the VC vs external model merging... thanks, sdsbolt!

when using the other party VC m3d, the stock CFS3 P-80 in my case, I need to move the external model in gmax a bit yet, to fit with the P-80 VC. anyway, it opens a nice ability to add something into the original VC mesh yet!

well, here is a vey early image of the P-80 into MiG-15 conversion. it is just about quickly repainted gauges and textures, also trying to add a new item into the original VC

now I have a question for experienced modders: is there any way, how to move the original (another party) m3d VC instead of to addapt my gmax external model position?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_vc_mod.jpg  

I think such simple solution might be pretty acceptable... no pain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_vc_mod_mig15_02.png   cfs3_vc_mod_mig15_01.jpg   cfs3_vc_mod_mig15_00.jpg  

looks like it fits pretty good. don't know about moving the m3d cockpit position. Maybe a hex edit?

In the model hierarchy, move cockpit_virtual0 node?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    In the model hierarchy, move cockpit_virtual0 node?
    nope, sir. its a shame... but thanks for tip

ok, the only node which took effect on the P-80 VC clone positioning was the main gmax MiG aiplane node which determines the center of the model infact (and may be used as LOD identification). at least, no not need to move the whole airplane in editor, just the node (without children). and that counts!

well, because our MiG model use another party VC model, the cockpit_virtual0 node is unnecessary infact, it seems. removing this item from the gmax source didnt took any efect, and actually avoids from the _cockpit0.m3d mesh generation when exporting the external airplane m3d model.

in another words, I am pretty happy with the current solution and sending the actual stuff to MajorMagee

I also did some arly successfully testing when creating selectable payload items for the MiG...

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi BorekS,
    its just possible you might be able to move the cockpit m3d by using xyz coordinates in the aircraft xdp file, gunstations section. A long shot and I don't have any resources with me during my enforced internment in a government health facility.

I created a new Static and Dynamic Reticle to use with TrackIR for this last evening. The way AnKor has implemented this in his shaders does not allow for the proper animation of just the inner markers when you change the range scale, but otherwise it is reasonably accurate for the Mig-15bis.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

yum, great all the MiG project tweaking! thank you

I posted the new reticle files here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...70#post1043170
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I created a new Static and Dynamic Reticle to use with TrackIR for this last evening. The way AnKor has implemented this in his shaders does not allow for the proper animation of just the inner markers when you change the range scale, but otherwise it is reasonably accurate for the Mig-15bis.

Actually you can make the inner markers adjustable without changing the outer ring. Make the the outer ring as a separate texture from the inner markers and set both up as dynamic reticle effects placed in the exact same position. Leave the outer ring with no size adjustments, and add as many as you want to the inner markers. I did something similar for the Mk.II Reflector Sight in the Spitfire VII/VIII package. The horizontal ranging bar is adjustable while the ring and vertical bar remain fixed.

I didn't realize you could have two display at once, but it makes perfect sense now that you point it out!

I'll make the changes, and repost.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; September 7th, 2016 at 06:44.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

thank you very much
    needs also to mention MajorMagee already posted to me new flight model for this jet and a lot more!

ok, finally I took some time to make the canopy opening feature closer to the real airplane (actually I did the whole canopy mesh newly).

now it is really getting coloser to some public release...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_mig_canopy_01.jpg   enb2016_9_10_14_56_13.jpg   enb2016_9_10_14_56_53.jpg  

now I have a question relating to skins: which nation / paint scheme you would wanted to see in the public package release?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    North Korea would be the best choice to me. Nice to see there is still interest in the Korea expansion . Thanks to all on this Mig-15 project .

yeah, I thought North Korean MiGs could be the most useful skins

but, does exists there any China, Vietnam or Russian CFS3 stuff ever? I mean missions, scenery and so on.

well, right now I am working on a regular layered skin template, which basically is made newly from scratch. once this will be done, it shoud be able to make the bare metalic skins with reflex maps or the specular based skins without bigger problems (except the common AnKor shader issues, as usually).

Blog Entries
    I'm running KTO with the environment version 2.0 and love it. All we would need is some bombers to be complete . One of my favorite in the CFS3 world,next to ETO. Sweet looking Mig 15 !

ok, the new (layered) paint template seems is done. first ingame images attached. presenting a pure metalic skin.

found a lot of nice looking MiG-15 cammouflage schemes, I look forward to make a few of such skins.

I was also success to implement into CFS3 new sratch made pylon and weapon stuff for this airplane.

there was a MiG-15bisSB (fighter-bomber), which included six pylons, sofar I did the common two pylon version for PTB-400 fuel tanks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_9_14_21_58_45.jpg   enb2016_9_14_21_58_6.jpg  

Very Cool!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

glad you like it
    well, its all made in one day, so there may come some changes yet. will send it to you soon, to check / correct the weapon settings.

btw, gaucho did for our MiG-15 a great looking 2D panel. I would like to port the Fagot into FS2004/CFS2 in future aswell.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8454/2...29def113_o.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29613590182_ae29def113_o.jpg  

North Korean MiG is firing two LR-130 rockets...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_9_18_1_30_33.jpg   enb2016_9_18_1_31_33.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Awesome!! Great modeling !!

thanks

ok, the first skin for specular material masked Fagot is in work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_mig_weapons_04.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1