Summer Race Event 2016 - Registration Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer Race Event 2016 - Registration Thread

Registration for the Summer Race

Greetings: This is my first race. I will be flying the FS9 Section8 F-86 in bare metal ported over to FSX. I can't find a Royal Australian Air Force Texture for the aircraft. The F-86 was flown in 1966 out of Thailand by the RAAF. Operating system is FSXA. Weather will be MS Real weather. Hope to see you in the skies. Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    You may set the time of day to daytime, but not during a leg. Set the time before launching the duenna. If you change it while duenna is running, it will register as an error.
    Thank you very much! I guess I worded poorly. I meant I would enter the "world" at the starting airport for the leg, change the time of day to daytime, then start the weather, and once it's up and running, start the Duenna just before I give 'er the gun and take off. Gives me time to set radios, course, etc etc. before Duenna is running, just to be safe.
    When I was practising for the RTWR race, I discovered the Duenna can be a little touchy about how long I sit on the runway fiddling with the instruments, so I always start it at the last minute.
    Thank you again for the clarification! I appreciate it. I have a bad habit of asking questions all the time...
    Pat☺
    PS: I'm still testing choppers. I'll post before the deadline, though, as to which is which Pat☺

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Okay, here's my round 2 entry: Sikorsky HRS-3 (aka H-19 Chickasaw, aka S-55) in a still wet circa 1966 US Navy paint scheme. At least I should get a good view of the recommended Vietnam scenery as I crash.. At best I might actually finish the course before the end of the event.

(I can paint whatchachoppers, never said I could fly one)

AlphaSim Sikorsky S-55 FSX version (now freeware)
    FSX Steam Edition
    Default Real Wx
    Got it Willy!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    Greetings: This is my first race. I will be flying the FS9 Section8 F-86 in bare metal ported over to FSX. I can't find a Royal Australian Air Force Texture for the aircraft. The F-86 was flown in 1966 out of Thailand by the RAAF. Operating system is FSXA. Weather will be MS Real weather. Hope to see you in the skies. Good luck to all.
    Got it HD. Welcome to the race!
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Thank you very much! I guess I worded poorly. I meant I would enter the "world" at the starting airport for the leg, change the time of day to daytime, then start the weather, and once it's up and running, start the Duenna just before I give 'er the gun and take off. Gives me time to set radios, course, etc etc. before Duenna is running, just to be safe.
    When I was practising for the RTWR race, I discovered the Duenna can be a little touchy about how long I sit on the runway fiddling with the instruments, so I always start it at the last minute.
    Thank you again for the clarification! I appreciate it. I have a bad habit of asking questions all the time...
    Pat☺
    PS: I'm still testing choppers. I'll post before the deadline, though, as to which is which Pat☺
    No worries Pat. BTW, you can enter any time after the event starts. You just have to finish by the end date.
    HP Reverb G2

Oh thank goodness. I thought Jul 1 at 0000 CDT or EDT was the registration cut-off. It's just the start time. Thank goodness!
    Back to testing and making test flights
    Pat☺

My second round registration: I will be flying the Kim, "Zeki" BoHyun AH-1 Cobra, in FSX, with FSRealWX Lite for weather.
    I will see how it goes
    See y'all soonest!
    Pat☺

Think I'm still going to try a run in the Virtavia F4D (F-6) Skyray after the T-33.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I would like to participate flying the Milviz F-4E Phantom in FSX Acceleration using ASN weather.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phantom.jpg  

I was stationed in Beaufort SC for a while, with one of the last F-4 squadrons in the Corp, VMFA-333, before they went to F/A-18's. 232 was our "Sister Squadron". We called them "Two Thirty Stupid", they called us "Trip-Trash", in the usual Marine competitive attitude. No real harm meant by either one though. More like sibling rivalry. We had one of the last Phantom deployments to Iwakuni, Japan, with dets to Osan, Korea, and Clark AB in the PI, before Mt. Pinatubo buried it in volcanic ash.
    The day after we left Iwakuni to go back to the States, a C-141 slid off the runway in the ice, and ended up within a few feet of our Barracks, the wing literally going over where our maintenance van complex had been until the day before. If it had still been there, I hate to think what that wing would have done to us...
    Those are well done liveries. Thanks for the pictures
    Pat☺

I would like to participate flying the Captain Sim C-130E using REXWX real world. I will have an 18,000lbs payload of supplies for the troops.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-130E.jpg  
    Greg :USA-flag:

Welcome Greg!
    HP Reverb G2

Slow and slow

Flying C-123 by Vladimir Zhyhulskiy, modded by Nor Cal Props.
    FSX. Weather by ASN. Scenery by FSX Vietnam War Project.

Sorta new at this, will try to minimize muck-ups.

Charlie Poppa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-123.jpg  
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

Hey nice to see you again GP, welcome

Added you to the event web site CP. Welcome aboard!
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    Hey nice to see you again GP, welcome

Thanks glad to see you too. I've been away for some time. RW stuff not very fun.

Was going to try and make a run with this Mig but after a few test flights I could tell I would have to many problems to be competitive with the F-111's and the F-105.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MIG-21.jpg  

Greg, you should still give it a go. The F-105 might crash, and the pilot is seemingly incapable of making anything but cautious landing approaches, so the high speed enroute is usually for naught, as can be seen by the multiple Mach penalties and still well behind the ant-eaters in average speed. As for the ant-eaters, well, that little MiG looks pretty speedy...
    HP Reverb G2

As for the ant-eaters, well, that little MiG looks pretty speedy...
    It better be, or one of us might eat it alll up GRRRR!

It would be interesting to see it fly, seriously. It IS pretty fast if I remember what I've heard...
    Good luck!
    Pat☺

After doing some reading up on the MIG-21MF I find out it was used in Vietnam along with the MiG-21F-13, PF, and PFM. I'll give it a go but after some test flying I am not sure if it will have the fuel for some of the longer legs. It really burns the fuel in AB. This is the freeware MIG-21MF by Ivan Jureaga (Repaint by Francis Jacquet). I will be using REXWX. Oh and just incase any of you F-111A's or F-105 or F-8 get any bright idea's i'll bring along a few R-60's (NATO reporting name AA-8 'Aphid') to keep you away!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mig-21 MF.jpg  

The Mig's range can't be much worse than the F4D Skyray. Hit the afterburner and watch the fuel gauge drop. Reminds me of a GTO I had in my young and wild days. Gonna have to figure out how to stretch it out on the longer legs.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hey everybody! Had such a nice time flying the A-1 in this event, so thought I would give it another go.

Will be flying the C-130E in 1970 Camo, Captainsim's for FSX.

Jim

Hehe, not a good start, forgot to upload a picture of the unit that I will be flying. My Luck should change! LOL

When I've finished with the Super Sabre I'd like to go round in a Cessna C337 Skymaster please. Yeah I know, it'll take forever, but I'd like to see a little more of the country and get to know the people a bit.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 24795836791_bb90c00304_b.jpg  
    Last edited by Ron Attwood; July 10th, 2016 at 11:09. Reason: Found a picture.

Should I have registered earlier? Or somewhere else? Or what?

Members who have read this thread: 0