Virtavia E-2C Released

Thread: Virtavia E-2C Released

Hybrid View

Virtavia E-2C Released

Hello All,

Just a HU, it looks like the Virtavia E-2C Hawkeye has been released, but for FSX-SE only.

http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_E-2C.html

Its going to look great in some USN colors!

--Dan
    Never trust a clean Crew Chief.

Reading the blurb I'm not sure if it's a Steam exclusive or exclusive only until 5th July.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Reading the blurb I'm not sure if it's a Steam exclusive or exclusive only until 5th July.
    Exclusive SE only and with a special offer until 4th of july I think.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

No markings or insgnia at all with this release (Dovetail way of doing business). If the painters comunity do any paints for it, it might be a good addon.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I wonder if it will ever be availabe for fsx classic or p3d at anytime in the future
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Got so excited until I saw "Available only via the Dovetail Games Steam Edition portal on Steam." (had my wallet ready).

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    I wonder if it will ever be availabe for fsx classic or p3d at anytime in the future
    Virtavia has ported their entire range of old add-ons to Steam and that's probably the route they're going in the future.

Well that is a problem. Am I the only one running FSX off the disk/hard drive?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Well that is a problem. Am I the only one running FSX off the disk/hard drive?
    Nope, you're not the only one. I'm not even interested in going to steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Virtavia has ported their entire range of old add-ons to Steam and that's probably the route they're going in the future.
    Entire range? Not hardly. Anyway, it is just another market. All products are still sold as they always have been and will continue to be.

To you second point, not at all. This is so far a one-off opportunity to make something exclusively for DTG.
    Many developers have been contracted to make exclusive content for Dovetail Games and not stopped making products for boxed FSX or P3D.

We've already started on the next product and it is not for DTG. You will no doubt be able to buy it from them but also everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    It will not be available to purchase outside of FSX-SE. It was made exclusively for DTG.

But, I did test it in FSX-Acceleration and P3Dv3 during development.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    It will not be available to purchase outside of FSX-SE. It was made exclusively for DTG.
    Well, that settles that. I'm going on record as noting that this was a very bad move which has shut us FSX-A/P3D users out of the market to buy the model (one which many of us have been waiting a long time for). Okay, I'm moving on beyond this matter & thread now and will await a quality E-2 from another vendor (if that ever comes to pass). I wish you guys luck with this and other models in the future.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Well, that settles that. I'm going on record as noting that this was a very bad move which has shut us FSX-A/P3D users out of the market to buy the model (one which many of us have been waiting a long time for). Okay, I'm moving on beyond this matter & thread now and will await a quality E-2 from another vendor (if that ever comes to pass). I wish you guys luck with this and other models in the future.
    I agree, it seems like a not very good idea to exclude customers or deny them a choice.

Nowadays I have two FSX installs: the boxed version and the Steam version. I fly the Steam version almost all of the time. It looks better, has better frs and has better autogen. No wonder: DTG has upgraded the sim a bit. I bought it for five dollars in a sale. Never regretted that!

I couldn't resist buying this latest offering from DTG/Virtavia as I flew CLP almost exclusively the past year. After all: the Virtavia Savage was and is still present in my hangar and is still flown regularly. And now the Hawkeye: I'm very pleased with this girl so far. Great on the framerates and it has a good looking 'office'.

I havn't tested the systems yet.

Cees

Now where's that paintkit?

Thanks for dotting the I's and crossing the T's Frank

ATB
    DaveB

A pretty stupid business decision to automatically disqualify 50% of your potential audience...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Look guys, let's face reality. FSX on steam is the way to go. For a lousy ten bucks you can have a version of FSX that runs smoothly, is better looking, doesn't crash and is always there if you need to reinstall. No more going through that MS bull trying to get it re-registered. I have both boxed and steam edition on my rig and I haven't opened the boxed in months.

i do wish there was a way to buy it for P3D.

Not too impressed with the textures shown in the screenshots.

Supposed to be HD, but not really believing that based on the pics provided on the Virtavia website.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0