GMax Diaginal Lines in shapes

Thread: GMax Diaginal Lines in shapes

GMax Diaginal Lines in shapes

Hi All
    I have GMax installed on Windows 10, but it now shows all poly's with diagonal lines and I find this distracting.
    The diagram below is 4 x 4 plane.

I suspect the diagonal lines can be 'removed' in the preferences section but I do not know how to do it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diagonal Lines.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Right click on it when highlighted, then from the dropdown menu click on 'convert to editable mesh, or Editable poly, or editable patch' depending on your preference.
    Keith

It looks like you are in mesh editing mode instead of poly editing mode.

Follow Keith's instructions above and you should get back to poly mode.

There are other ways of achieving the same result too.
    Larry

Thanks

Hi Kieth and Larry
    Thank you for your replies.
    Working in editable poly mode does remove the diagonal lines.
    However, I have done most of my work in editable mesh on my old Windows XP PC (which has sadly carked it) and had no diagonal lines until doing new installs on our laptop and new PC working with windows 7 and 10.
    Cheers
    Stuart

I only see an effect like that once an object is made as/or edited as a Editable Patch. Once the object is made or edited as a Editable Patch the "extra" lines won't go way if you change it back to a Editable Mesh or Editable Poly.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Editable Poly was a new feature when Gmax was newly released: Gmax mostly "thinks" in Editable Mesh. I also found the video driver had an impact: XP preferred the OpenGL whereas Win 7 was happier with Direct3D.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hairyspin's Got It

Hi Tom
    That's it.
    As you know, I had to work on the Windows 7 / 10 laptop, and now the Windows 10 PC.
    Direct 3d has the diagonal lines, Open GL does not.
    Unfortunately, Open GL 'flashes a white screen' every time I left click any button on the mouse.
    Thank to all for their input.
    Stuart

Not sure if this was your issue but here is one thing I do to eliminate face edges from showing in poly sub-object mode.

Showing the faces can be helpful when preparing to do a Boolean as you will get a so-called stray vertice at every face edge. I use this to determine where I should recreate polys (clean up before hand) to optimize the Boolean before the damage is done.

Checking the "Edges only" option turns off the face edges display in poly sub-object mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-7-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-7-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi Milton

Hi Milton.
    I seem to have the same edges only 'setup' object but no joy
    I have attached a picture.
    I may not see this thread again for 2-3 months so please do not be offended if I do not reply until we return from Broome.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Objects Diagonal 01.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0