Starter For Ten - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starter For Ten

I've made some edits to take AnKor's comments about the shader dithering into account. The semi-transparent glass effect is gone now, but it still looks okay from a short distance away. If you're interested in trying this it is placed in the ETO assets folder. Please remember to back up the original.

This will cause bad things to happen to your scenery if you try to use it for other versions of CFS3 since they map the textures differently.

Having said that, the 256x256 patches related to the pole and wire can easily be copied into the proper place for any other version, just remember that you need to do both the texture, and the alpha layers.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Too Cool!!

I needed this again, so
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The man`s back

Howdy Owen,it`s been a looooong time,nice to see you back and hopefully on the mend.
    John Allen aka alcanallen!

Bringing this up again. I figured out how to get the telegraph poles into my WOFF scenery install, but after not too long I start to get stutters and eventually a total lock up. Anybody know why these things are so draggy?

EDIT: Also, does anyone know why vectorlinings don't show up in winter?
    Last edited by gecko; September 3rd, 2018 at 20:41.

I came across thia while looking for other threads realting to my thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ns-and-sidings which has had 0 replies so far!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020

River Vector, vectordatalinings

Just an update seeing as how this thread has popped up gain. I have had a shot at putting some trees along the river vector in my stock CFS3 testbed. No luck so far; I am not sure just to what extent the river vectors run as provided by MS. Maybe I should try it in MAW - perhaps the vectors are more extensive in Italy. Someone told me the river vector supplies the information for the alignment of the stream.dds texture - if so the shrubbery will be fairly expansive, perhaps the reason why I can't get it to load.

I would like some good shrubs to use over a fairly broad river bank, but I suspect the existing sm model for trees will create a narrow line of greenery. The other problem is that a fixed distance from the vector needs to be specified.

Members who have read this thread: 0