Props

Thread: Props

SOH-CM-2020

Props

A couple of weeks ago I installed FSX Steam after many years of using FS2004.

Overall I'm pretty impressed and I knew of several issues with props and cockpit windows when using FS2004 aircraft in FSX.

I installed the Lockheed Constellation (Manfred Jahn) and I've tried several prop textures but still get the strange effect of clouds and trees impacting on the prop disc.

Is there anyway around this?

Thanks.

Pete.

no, it is a model issue. Best thing you can do is muck around with teh prop BMP alpha untill it is almost transparent than you cant see it. But hold out i tinks A2A may be doin one find out today i hope. We need a decent connie...
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Yep, opaque black discs and discs that block out clouds and autogen trees are the result of the aircraft model and the problem is not something that the user can fix. This issue started with the release of Service Pack 2 for FSX. The ACES team was starting to look towards the next MS flight sim and incorporated some new features into FSX, unfortunately it also broke compatibility with a lot of FS9 aircraft. Another issue is aircraft window glass. Some FS9 aircraft work fine, but others will have opaque glass. This can usually be fixed by giving the glass texture a white alpha channel. Windows that turn opaque when it rains can be fixed by a patch hosted by Flight1.com, that file is available at the following link.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks guys for your feedback.

I guess I can live with it when you get views like this.

Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ss741.jpg  

That looks great!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I've been using a prop blur texture that I know works and just rename it to match the one in the original aircraft. (Default DC-3 for a 3 bladed prop usually)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Members who have read this thread: 0