HELP! Old MDL format

Thread: HELP! Old MDL format

HELP! Old MDL format

For you MDL experts out there. When using Martin Wrigth's MdlMat program som MDL's fails and just displays "No materials found, This may be an old MDL format". One such aircraft is the old Alphasim CFS2 F8F Bearcat. Does anyone have a solution to this? Is there maybe something that can be edited in the SCASM file?

Morton

Hi Morton,

Use MDLCOLOR by Martin Wright instead. Not as flexible, but can read the older format mdls.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Hi Morton,

Use MDLCOLOR by Martin Wright instead. Not as flexible, but can read the older format mdls.
    Ok, I will try that.

M

No joy. And the MDL color program cant manipulate the "shiny" settings of the materials. I have a feeling there might some header or something in the SCASM file which can be corrected. I'll have a look..

Morton

Morton,
    If we're talking the same Bearcat I just did, the download has two mdl's. One, is the CFS2 and the other is a converted FS2002 mdl. I used the '02 one as it didn't have the center drop tank always showing. The '02 one should read, Bearcat v2.mdl. It worked fine when I put some "shine" on it and worked when using MR's program to convert the textures. Hope this helps and we're on the same page.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Morton,
    If we're talking the same Bearcat I just did, the download has two mdl's. One, is the CFS2 and the other is a converted FS2002 mdl. I used the '02 one as it didn't have the center drop tank always showing. The '02 one should read, Bearcat v2.mdl. It worked fine when I put some "shine" on it and worked when using MR's program to convert the textures. Hope this helps and we're on the same page.
    Bob
    Ok Bob! I'm not sure which one I used. Have to go over it again. If it's like you said it would be great. Thanks a lot!

Morton

No Problem, Sir. If you need the converted "02 mdl, let me know and I'll get it to you. Also, if you're doing textures, which I assume you are, be careful with the mapping and some of the proportions for the markings have to be adjusted. You'll see once you get started. If you need anything, let me know. I think think I've gotten them figured out.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Members who have read this thread: 0