F7F Tigercat New VC for FSX & P3D - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F Tigercat New VC for FSX & P3D

Gordon thanks for continuing and meticulous efforts. This Tigercat is a pure labor of love from it's beginnings in Milton's most capable hands and it's ongoing transformation by you. Thanks for the update and have a Very Merry Christmas and prosperous 2017. Mike

I would like to add my gratitude to all the others for your incredible work on this fantastic little lady of a plane! We all appreciate the update to. Gives us hope
    A very Merry Cristmas and most prosperous New Year to you sir!
    Pat☺

That looks just brilliant.
    Outstanding work, Gordon!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Awesome!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

That is fantastic!

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Blog Entries
    OMG Amigo that is just way beyond WOW!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Beyond excellent! Very much looking forward to this plane!

Blog Entries
    I sincerely appreciate all of your kind comments gentlemen.

My equipment/operating system repair is in a minor holding pattern, with the equipment installed but waiting for some special software to arrive. While I'm waiting I still can work at a limited level, but still able to produce new work.

The second civilian VC is in progress, with attention to details like radios. Anyone familiar with this particular airplane know it utilizes LORAN, not Garmin, but I modeled the more popular radio sets for this stage of the build. Still very nice and quite comfy to fly with all of the bells and whistles for navigation. I decided to go with a clean "restoration" look and chose a basic grey lower on this one, and will move into the typical blue ala Patrona when I get further into the process. For now I like the subtle tones of this VC.

My desire is that thread this is inspirational for other modelers who wish to take the plunge into airplane development. I didn't know one end of the SDK from the other when I started, now after a couple years of serious study and work, I'm becoming comfortable with the process. If I can learn this...anyone can.

For this model, I'm beginning the process of learning gauge development. Daunting, but very doable with some dedicated practice.

Some pics...

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Looks amazing!
    Ryan
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

You DO realize this is just making the waiting harder and harder??
    Looking fantastic. I can't wait for all this!
    Pat☺

Dang!! That looks spectacular.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Thanks "G" for the peek and inspiration!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

epic,just epic

Looks better than most payware releases quite honestly. Your work is first class.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

HOT DOG! Whoa! great looking, looking forward to burn some avgas in the coming months.

That vc looks good enough to eat...if you don't mind getting gauge glass in your teeth!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Sorry Gordon, but I'm absolutely speechless. Beautiful!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Definitely payware quality!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Blog Entries
    If it's going to be payware quality, I suppose that I should get the size of the radios correct.

One of the reasons I post these progress shots is to get feedback from our deep knowledge pool at SOH. I got caught up in the minutia, and totally missed the fact that the radios are 6.25 inches wide...all of the radios. I went back and corrected the modeling and live panels.

Of course, I still remember the moon (or maybe Mars) landing where the American scientists did their calcs in standard, and the European team used metric. They augered the lander after a major communication malfunction. The comm problem was not with the lander...it was with each other. I guess I'm not the only who makes an occasional error!

Couple of shots of the adjustments to the Garmin stack.

Last edited by gman5250; December 25th, 2016 at 15:49.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Gordon that ol' Tigercat never expected that kind of upgrade...SUPERB!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Gordon that ol' Tigercat never expected that kind of upgrade...SUPERB!!!
    Ted
    Ha! I knew when he took over the Tigercats, good things were coming but Gordon keeps raising the bar. Super pleased with where its going and happy he left the old stuff behind.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

beautiful work Gordon

truly a work of art

Of course, I still remember the moon (or maybe Mars) landing...
    Just fyi, it was a Mars lander, and NaySay are the ones that got the metric to standard conversions mixed up. Needless to say, that agency underwhelms me these days. They are just a bloated bureaucracy mostly engaged in justifying their own existance. No "will" like they had in the 60's any more. By now, we should have solar and lunar LaGrange colonies, moon colonies, asteroid mining, whatever. Instead, we can't even supply the space station, such as it is, ourselves. Oh, yeah, we can send a probe out to see things...
    Sorry, touchy subject with me...

I still say, though, that those panels are really amazing. Every time I see them I start to drool...
    Pat☺

Blog Entries
    PhantomTweak..."By now, we should have solar and lunar LaGrange colonies, moon colonies, asteroid mining, whatever."

Of course, had we taken Mr. Tesla a bit more seriously we would be farther along than that. Instead we subsidize Mr. Musk with gozillions of tax dollars, for...errr... just what....exactly?
    Imagine if the technology of transportation had developed at the pace that computers have in the last fifty years. We would be traversing space/time in the quantum field and seriously exploring the real potential of zero point for infinite energy.

Sore subject with me also....thanks for expanding on the Mars lander debacle Pat.

I'm up early this AM...lots to do.
    Thomas Jefferson

This looking awesome!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 3