F7F Tigercat New VC for FSX & P3D - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F Tigercat New VC for FSX & P3D

why shelve it?..damn i was really lookin forward to it.dang....

did something happen?.....oh well it is what it is...ill just start lookin forward to the scenery then...its all good..if you did it..then im happy.and ill be happy to wait until you are ready to finish it....Gman..yer the best..ill wait patiently .

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    If I could get admin to pull the previous video post I'd appreciate it.

I'll shelve this project and re-direct my time towards my priority, scenery which has been neglected for far too long.
    Whats you talkin about... I know I have been watching this theads since its start and I can tell you that more members are watching then you are think. alot of us are giving you time to complete this fantastic update and can't wait for you to finish... and I am not speaking for myself.... Please keep up VC update gman

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thinking the same thing "G"... pulling the plug.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I don't know whats caused this...maybe I missed something, but if there's anything I can do to help, Gordon and Ted, please pm me.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Been watching this anxiously, as it's amazing work! Hopefully we'll still see it at some point.

Blog Entries
    For now, I'm keeping the project alive. Making no guarantees for future projects though.

The last video showed the civilian VC.

This is the military bird, focusing on the WIP virtual cockpit.
    Data is in the title reel.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    For now, I'm keeping the project alive. Making no guarantees for future projects though.
    Gordon, my money is in hand for your CA scenery project. Count me first in line!

So every is look I ng excellent Gordon! F7F VC is really nice!!! I like the 3D landing light addition to.the external as well. P3Dv3 lighting does have its quirks but I think we've had it long enough now to figure out the working. Clearly you have! Really liking your texture work...wish I had the 3d skill watching you work! Can't wait for.your releases...no matter what they are.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    This is way above AWESOME! You da man Gordon! Happiest of Thanksgivings to ya...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Fantastic work,Gordon-----you are an artist!
    Can´t wait.
    Mike

This will be a top notch addition to every collection of classic fighter aircraft.

I'm glad you continue to work on it, Gordon!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Great work Gordon! Looking forward to this release and count me in for a purchase on the scenery also!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    This will be a top notch addition to every collection of classic fighter aircraft.

I'm glad you continue to work on it, Gordon!

Cheers,
    Mark
    Absolutely!

Beautiful work there Gordon. Not only the aircraft, but that scenery you're creating is stunning. I am looking forward to you releasing it all. It never ceases to amaze me how much talent is over here.

wishing all those who celebrate a happy Thanksgiving.

We don't have the festival over here...

Season greetings to all

Andrew
    Per Ardua ad Astra

After watching the second video... I am kinda hopin the new VC is almost .... I an't gonna type it
    anyway lookin very complete...

Thanks for the military update...
    looks like you gotta squeeze in to that Tigercat office

Thanks gman

DC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    After watching the second video... I am kinda hopin the new VC is almost .... I an't gonna type it
    anyway lookin very complete...

Thanks for the military update...
    looks like you gotta squeeze in to that Tigercat office

Thanks gman

DC
    Don't want to burst your bubble DC, but I've got a lot of work to do in the VC and the exterior re-model that goes with it. It's a big project and only receives a few hours work per day, as I am working on my scenery priory projects at the same time.

The VC does look very nice in the vid, but in reality there is a ton of "wiring" to be done to bring this airplane up to snuff.

This is my first serious attempt at a VC, so the learning curve is immense. For instance, as my seat time in 3DS Max accumulates I become more and more fluent in the use of the tools. I've been working with Max full time for three years and am only now beginning to feel proficient. In comparison I've got about 23 years in Photoshop, so there is a long way to go with Max.

I decided to re-model the "cage" consisting of the tub, the formers and longitudinal ribs to create a more accurate structure with gussets, rivets etc. The same for various bits like trim knobs, wheels and various cockpit components. Each handle is uniquely shaped, some in two pieces sandwiched over a metal strongback. I'm trying to make this project as accurate as I can.

If you look at a Milviz, A2A or Warbirdsim model under the microscope you will see how much modeling detail has been dedicated to each component.
    As a student I can only stand in awe of the MV P-38 or WBsim P-51 models. It is simply breathtaking considering the exquisite modeling and massively detailed texture sheets, which are works of art in their own right.

I study the work of more experienced modelers, then set out to learn how to create accurate parts that accurately portray the real airplane. The research, modeling and Photoshop hours add up. The F7F will be in the thousands of hours by the time it is finished.

I'll keep posting up progress as I go, and hope that everyone understands.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

G-man, after having tried to learn how to paint and make 3-D models, and nothing working, I marvel at your work. Watching your progress is very enjoyable. I have all the time in the world to wait for your releases. If any of it is done as payware, you will receive my money.

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

The whole package, Simply Superb, the Japanese were very fortunate these did not get seen during WWII , North Korea felt the sting especially in the night fighting role , it would have be interesting to see what there abilities were in the day time air to air.

Blog Entries
    While we are sharing some very sad days here on the site, I thought I would offer a bit of positive energy to lift the spirts of our friends here on SOH.

Status Update

I'll be doing a tear down of the system to replace my damaged (hacked) spinning drive with a new 5TB Western Digital. The system has become downright hostile since the Win10 debacle that led to me being severely hacked by a rather nasty individual on a Windows8 box who goes by the handle....Palm49, or possibly POM49. My drive management was re-directed to a remote site, which explains the very bizarre experiences I have had over the last months. After consulting with my trusted IT tech/source, we determined that the best solution to my problems is the new HD and some industrial strength security.
    Not wanting to ruffle any feathers, but the Win10 experiment was the portal that allowed the unfriendly to run their covert ops. If there is any karmic justice, I will get 10 minutes in a locked cage with the individual in some future incarnation...or possibly this one.

I've backed up all of my data to the external, but wanted to post up a few progress shots of the F7F Tigercat virtual cockpit builds.

The Positive Bits

I will be doing the vintage military versions for the F7F-1 and F7F-3 variants. Also a civilian cockpit for the tanker and racing/restorations. I'm at the point of working on individual components like rudder pedals, canopy crank, pumps, switches, trim wheels, knobs, bells, whistles etc. Each part is receiving meticulous attention to artistic detail, light rendering and historical accuracy. I've got a long way to go, but the overall appearance of both cockpits is becoming cohesive and increasingly realistic.

I ran across some very good color photos of a restored interior, possibly "Bad Kitty", so it looks like there will be another civilian cockpit in addition to the tanker shown here. The restoration panel will have the lovely eyebrows and modern radios and avionics as shown in my resource photos. That will come a bit down the road, but will get done.

One thing I have completely re-built since I made the videos is the fuselage frame. This new frame, shown here is very accurate and based on my new resource photos.
    I seem to recall seeing either video or still shots of La Patrona interior. For the life of me, I can't remember where. If anyone can point me to good interior pics of LP I'll add that to my bucket list.

Here are a few shots to peruse while I take a few days to fix the system and re-install the studio software.

Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Thomas Jefferson

Beautiful. Thank You for doing this.

oh now that right there is just awesome!!! i was going to type.."G ,i love you man" and give you a virtual man hug...but not sure how you'd take that........

Members who have read this thread: 1