F7F Tigercat New VC for FSX & P3D - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F Tigercat New VC for FSX & P3D

ya' know, external models have gotten so good that they now deserve nothing less than equally excellent VC's. So here is exactly what I'm talking about. A VC that is deserving of an excellent model and vice-a-versa. Congrats on a superb piece of work! Looking forward to this one!

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd bring the post up to date. I'm doing three aircraft at the same time and trying to give each one an equal share.

The F7F-3 Tigercat project is progressing with the VC coming into focus with working gauges and very early texturing in progress. These are a few shots with a basic light map gray/UVW applied to the components for light reference. I'm working on the panel texturing at this time. I've worked out a really nice interior glass setup that takes full advantage of P3D live reflections. Modeling is still a WIP, so some parts will be in continuing development.

This is my favorite muscle car, and with the new VC the "Kitty" really gets the blood flowing.

Thought you would like some progress shots...

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Better and better! Cant wait! This is my favorite Your project!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

-Magnificent!

Alain
    -

Gordon Amazing work! You have really come into your own buddy! Your work is really rivaling many of the long standing top dogs! IMO. Just fantastic!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

SOH-CM-2023
    Ditto Rick's comment.

Blog Entries
    Mr. Shupe has granted permission to use his existing gauges for the new VC. I've done some mods to the daytime gauge textures (seen here), will be adding a night mapped set to the gauges folder to bring the "Kitty" up to snuff for night ops.

Some interior shots with additional mapping and modeling.
    The texture sheets are coming into focus and are nearly ready for occlusion shading, detailed wear and weathering.
    At this stage, light balancing via spec and bump alphas will be tuned...kind of like an EQ for color.

Also, still digging for source photos to get all of the labeling for the armament and switch panels dialed in. Little by little, she is maturing into a real warbird.

All texture sheets @ 4096x4096 DXT5 and high poly model...FPS steady 55-60 on my rig.

Prepar3D 3.4.9.18400 | Dynamic Lighting enabled | Sliders WFO | ASNext 2016 Live Weather | REX TD/SC

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Superb!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Outstanding! Crg! My fingers are crossed for this project!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It just keeps getting better and better ! Looking good Gordon ! Mike

Wow, that looks as real as it can get!

What is that large, square gauge in the center of the front panel, if I may ask?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Wow, that looks as real as it can get!

What is that large, square gauge in the center of the front panel, if I may ask?

Cheers,
    Mark
    "looks a real as it can get"
    Building a VC is a new experience for me, but I am trying to learn the process and do it well. Thanks Mark.

Large Square Gauge:
    That is the Radar Repeat Indicator. There were several variants used, but I got this one from the POH. I'm not sure when the different models were used, so more research will determine if this is the correct one. There is a different version in the two seat version, but I haven't gotten to that point.

I've got quite a few good photos of cockpits, and of course they are all outfitted with different gun sights, radar and other instrumentation, but this one lays out nicely for me.
    I'll need to build the actual gauge for this display. More learning curves.
    Thomas Jefferson

I want to thank you for all the posts you are doing on this model. Seeing it progress, brings us back to the reality of just how much work has to be done, and the skill and accuracy needed to complete such a project. I never take someone's work for granted, but your detailing this project brings it all up to mind, the passion needed to tackle this and the artistry you bring to your work. Kudos to you for all the hard work and dedication to your vision, fantastic work. Very appreciative. Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

meh,i can do better................in my sleep anyway...hehehe...so G,will there be an updated VC for the airtanker?...im not trying to be a jerk,but i was just wondering.this looks fantastic to me.thank you for all the hard work you put into our hobby,i do wish i was schmart enough to do this stuff myself.i installed a program that dovetail showed earlier this week,they talk about using it for making scenery etc for train sim 2017.but id love to know if it would work for P3D or FSX.if i can recall where it is on my pc,ill post the name..lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    meh,i can do better................in my sleep anyway...hehehe...so G,will there be an updated VC for the airtanker?...im not trying to be a jerk,but i was just wondering.this looks fantastic to me.thank you for all the hard work you put into our hobby,i do wish i was schmart enough to do this stuff myself.i installed a program that dovetail showed earlier this week,they talk about using it for making scenery etc for train sim 2017.but id love to know if it would work for P3D or FSX.if i can recall where it is on my pc,ill post the name..lol
    You couldn't be a jerk on your worst day Dave.

It will make you extremely happy to know that I am beta testing two variants of the VC, one of which is currently in the tanker.
    I'm close to making a video of the WIP, now that it is presentable.
    Thomas Jefferson

well awesome!! cant wait..

I was happy when I first heard we were getting this kitty. I never thought that initial release would have lead to this awesome update. It's looking great.

Wawaweewah! Is niiiiiiiiiiiice!

This VC is truely gorgeous! Can't wait to fly this beauty! Take all the time you need to polish this jewel!

By the way, do you plan to release a gunsightless version for the tankers?

Edit : "I am beta testing two variants of the VC, one of which is currently in the tanker" Roger that, very much thank you for that! I got too excited to read the thread throughly...

Looking Great!

I also can't wait to see the final result. All the work you're putting into it is really appreciated!This will make it an even more enjoyable plane, just for flying for the sheer enjoyment of it, as well as in the RTWR, if it's permitted next year. Hope it is!Thanks for all the hard work!Pat☺

This is some really high-end work!

You've introduced me to and started my interest on the F7F.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Blog Entries
    For Daveroo, Tanker Guy and the rest of the crew who are waiting patiently for the civilian bird.

Here's the "civie" panel and VC WIP. Long way to go yet, but she is coming along well enough for a short vid.

Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    If I could get admin to pull the previous video post I'd appreciate it.

I'll shelve this project and re-direct my time towards my priority, scenery which has been neglected for far too long.
    Thomas Jefferson

The detail is amazing on this video, one of the first I have seen with the detail on the propeller hubs and the whole project. Wonderful work. Thanks again, Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Members who have read this thread: 1