Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16 - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawker Sea Hawk P3D FSX 10_16

Likin' that one JensOle

ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Sea Hawk

Sir, thank you for this great gift! Lee

Thanks Rob... wonderful model as always.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Another older paint.. WF182/101 of 898NAS RNAS Brawdy 1953..

Available HERE

As with the last one, I've included a main map with mips (Seahawk 1WF182M.dds) for P3D users and new wheel texture with less blue. If you prefer the original wheel texture.. bin this one.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; October 18th, 2016 at 11:23. Reason: Additional text

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

Very nice Zsolt!

Cees

Looks great Zsolt!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Nice repaints, JensOle and Zsolt. Got any download links??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Working on a set of INS Vikrant textures to go with it so that you guys have a place to fly it from :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Unfortunately, this is private, and then another LW paint

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Unfortunately, this is private, and then another LW paint

Zsolt
    Well, then this one remains on my to do list.....

Cees

You need this model Zsolt.
    Ready for download now.

Last edited by robcarrich; October 19th, 2016 at 04:34.

Ha Ha. I knew you would do that, Rob! Looking good.
    I am currently working on the RNAS Ford trials aircraft but am not convinced of the accuracy of the scheme shown in the Warpaint publication. The white underside scheme was not introduced until about 1958/59, yet the trials took place in 1954/55! Any thoughts?

cheers, Peter W

I really like that Peter, its one I was going for myself but decided I'd better leave it to someone who knows what they are doing.
    Not a clue about underside colour.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    You need this model Zsolt.
    Ready for download now.

This is getting better and better!!

Cees

Rob,

The tailhook and speedbrake lights are always on in the VC of this latest model.

Cees

Thanks for making the tall German model as well Rob!

And thank you for the very impressive line up of early post war British jets you have made! You are virtually keeping history alive :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Ha Ha. I knew you would do that, Rob! Looking good.
    I am currently working on the RNAS Ford trials aircraft but am not convinced of the accuracy of the scheme shown in the Warpaint publication. The white underside scheme was not introduced until about 1958/59, yet the trials took place in 1954/55! Any thoughts?

cheers, Peter W
    Maybe they were trialing that two tone scheme in '54-55 before entry into service. it's not that far off the later scheme (bar the hi-vis and white backed numbers)? after all wouldn't be the first or the last time a one off scheme was tested on trials a/c. Just a thought

Hooky

Can't wait for the Indian Navy Textures by Jens, now this the Freeware Alouette III and the Alize I think we've got the Whole 60-70's era Indian Naval Air Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Rob,

The tailhook and speedbrake lights are always on in the VC of this latest model.

Cees
    Cees, if you mean those on left side of cockpit they are just dummy lights.

No, I mean the lights on the front, indicating the tailhook and the speedbrake. With these two retracted the lights stay on. No biggy, but I thought you'd like to know this.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    No, I mean the lights on the front, indicating the tailhook and the speedbrake. With these two retracted the lights stay on. No biggy, but I thought you'd like to know this.

Cees
    Is that in FSX?
    Just tried it in FSX and P3D and all is OK with me, I dont know what could cause that.

Smile Hawker Sea Hawk (FSX Accel and FSX Steam)

For catapult launches from AI Carrier ships --,

These were bridle launched aircraft rather than using modern USN nose tow systems. However, AI carriers simulates things well anyway. You must use assigned keys to lower the launch bar, then arm the cat. If you are in a proper position on the cat, you will see a definite "squat" in either internal or external view, and the JBD will raise up. The "squat" simulates the "buffer forward" tensioning on the bridle or launch bar by the cat pistons being shoved forward by a hydraulic ram beneath the deck. Now, at full power the system will hold the plane in place until you select keystroke for cat launch. At that point, the cat launch valve opens and high pressure steam drives the cat pistons forward with you attached properly.

Personally I have set up my own custom keystrokes for launch bar, arming and launch functions. Below shows the BUTTONS and CONTROLS terms In the OPTIONS menu, the setup I use, and what they do.

LAUNCH BAR (extend/retract) : SHIFT+U (extend for cat hookup)
    TAKEOFF ASSIST (arm/disarm): SHIFT+C (engage launch bar with cat shuttle)
    TAKEOFF ASSIST (trigger): SHIFT+SPACEBAR (fire cat)

Look for the shuttle at the beginning of the cat track -use external view to help. Note the hookup end of the cat, forward of the JBD is composed of steel plating, the shuttle is located near the forward end of this area. Get your nose wheel up near the shuttle, just behind it in order to lower the launch bar and arm the cat. When the cat takes tension the plane will squat, the JBD will raise and the shuttle will slip aft of the nose wheel - you now know that you are set to run up and launch.

If you don't seem to get in tension. RAISE YOUR LAUNCH BAR!! and use SLEW to adjust the plane patiently -it must be forward enough to be in the hookup area and very close but behind the shuttle and clear of the JBD.

Here are a couple of pix I took with my setup (click to enlarge):

The shuttle on the AI Carriers NIMITZ/IKE is a nose tow type, vice the "turtleback" or bull nose" style, known technically as the bridle spreader, used for old time bridle launches -small, unimportant trivia from an old Naval Aviator.

Hope this helps anyone who want to use this magnificent new model with AI Carriers.

Mike C
    Captain USN (Retired)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cat Approach.jpg   Cat Engage.jpg   Cat Tension.jpg  
    Last edited by Mike71; October 19th, 2016 at 14:54.

Another Brit.. an FGA.6 WV831/637-LM of RNAS Lossiemouth '58

Available HERE
    The main map is 2048 (no mips) but an alternative is included.. 4096 with mips (Seahawk 1M.dds)
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 14