T-6 G-TDJN Duxford Visit (and friends)

Thread: T-6 G-TDJN Duxford Visit (and friends)

T-6 G-TDJN Duxford Visit (and friends)

A real-life resident of Halfpenny Green, and a common visitor to Duxford, I thought I would pay a visit to Duxford with the virtual G-TDJN as well, for a bit of flying. The screenshots feature the A2A AT-6 Texan, with a repaint that I did (available here and elsewhere), depicting the award-winning Midwest Aero restored AT-6D G-TDJN owned by David Nock (painted in the accurate markings of an AT-6 used as a station hack by the 353rd FG during WWII), with the payware ORBX England and modified freeware ACG Duxford for scenery.

Later in the day I went up again with some Duxford residents, G-BUKY and G-BTXI.

Superb screenshots as per always. Hope you don't mind but have passed them onto the owner. TDJN lives at Gloucester Staverton by the way and BUKY would like better in my opinion if had the G canopy as its a Harvard 4. The Racer version doesn't seem to look that good even though it has the correct fixed curve rear.

Keep up the good work, so much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Martin

Thank you for the correction, Martin. I've seen so many photos and write-ups of G-TDJN at Halfpenny Green, so have I guess assumed that it is based there.

With regard to the canopy on G-BUKY in the screenshots, I know it should have the later canopy type, but you can only have one configuration working across all of the aircraft in the sim at any one time - meaning, you can't have direct control over the other aircraft, individually, other than the main user aircraft, and the other Texans will only all reflect however which way you have the main user aircraft configured (any changes to the main user aircraft are applied to all of the others in the sim at the same time). The concession I made was to have two of the three aircraft configured properly, rather than one of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you for the correction, Martin. I've seen so many photos and write-ups of G-TDJN at Halfpenny Green, so have I guess assumed that it is based there.

With regard to the canopy on G-BUKY in the screenshots, I know it should have the later canopy type, but you can only have one configuration working across all of the aircraft in the sim at any one time - meaning, you can't have direct control over the other aircraft, individually, other than the main user aircraft, and the other Texans will only all reflect however which way you have the main user aircraft configured (any changes to the main user aircraft are applied to all of the others in the sim at the same time). The concession I made was to have two of the three aircraft configured properly, rather than one of the three.
    John,

Thanks for that, just didn't realise. I learnt a lot working with A2A as to how simulator aircraft are built and at times it makes the real ones a lot easier to work with

Martin

Dang brilliant paints .. and brilliant scenery to go with

South of Possum Lodge in the 6ix, somewhere near YKZ
    John. what program does one use for the formation flying?

Thanks

Douglas

Douglas, for formation flying and screenshots I use the freeware program called "FS-Recorder" (http://www.fs-recorder.net/). It is a bit laborious, but I enjoy all of the aspects of putting it all together, flying each element, and the level of control. Using FS-Recorder, I record myself flying the lead-position aircraft. After I finish that recording, I play it back as an AI aircraft as I record myself flying the number-two position. If I still want more aircraft in the formation, I'll continue the same process until I have all of the individual aircraft covered. Then I play all of the elements back together for the screenshots. The more you do it, the more you become aware of just how you should fly the aircraft in order to make it easier on yourself when flying the two-spot, three-spot, etc., as well as paying attention to the position of the sun so that you get the proper angles of lighting that you want (one trick to this, just as real-world air-to-air photographers use, is to just fly in large circles, that way you get every angle of light possible in the most efficient means).

Oh, and thank you very much for your repaint of G-BUKY!

Members who have read this thread: 0